View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Glad I am not the only one who thinks Carey is crap 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Post Glad I am not the only one who thinks Carey is crap
Quote:
Carey, 29, still could stick around a while because he grades out decently and plays a position (tackle) where great options aren't cheap or plentiful. Plus, Miami has more pressing areas to upgrade and doesn't have a second-round pick. But Miami wanted more from a player given a six-year, $42 million deal in 2009. Instead, he's ``a middle-of-the-road tackle,'' CBS' Dan Dierdorf said off air.

Pro Football Focus notes Carey has allowed four sacks and 19 quarterback pressures -- compared with four and 20 in 16 games in 2009. Only nine NFL tackles have allowed more sacks. Carey is 18th among tackles in run-blocking. He's due $4.15 million, $5.1 million, $5.6 million and $4.9 million the next four years.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/21/1 ... z15ycoevWk

18th in run blocking and lets see since there are 30 teams and each has 2 starting tackles..he is 51st in allowing sacks...HE SUCKS!!!!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:07 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Glad I am not the only one who thinks Carey is crap
Yep...and if we end up with Long on IR, it will be open season on the Dolphin's QB. So even if you hate Thigpen (and most fans here seem to dislike his game), then why would you want to rush an injured Henne back to get his butt sacked over and over and over....????? Our interior line stinks and now both tackle spots are big question marks...and they are one of the highest paid duo's in football. The free agency moves and picks on our offensive line have been crap, with the exception of Long.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:15 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I don't want Henne back in a rush....other then Long, Incognito ..the rest of our line has average to poor players....this is the real reason why we suck on O this year!!!..

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:05 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Carey has been an enigma the past couple years. Since we drafted Long, Carey seems to have regressed. When Carey got moved to left tackle the year before we drafted long, he actually looked pretty decent there. Since switching him to RT, he has really seemed to struggle. Then again we have had absolute crap at RG next to him the past couple of years. Perhaps not being able to rely on the guy next to you plays havoc on your game. I don't want to make excuses for the guy, because I think he can play better than he has, but the instability at RG has put added pressure on him; no doubt. I think if Carey were fighting for a paycheck, he might be motivated to play better.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:20 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

dolphan74 wrote:
I don't want Henne back in a rush....other then Long, Incognito ..the rest of our line has average to poor players....this is the real reason why we suck on O this year!!!..

Its why we suck running the ball... But I have watched Henne all season with plenty of time in the pocket, he was rarely getting flushed out...
Either our WR's dont know how to get open or Henne is afraid to throw. Add that with R&R barely making it past the LOS and you have a perfect mix of sucky Offense...

No one person can be blamed... THis whole team has failed to live up to expectations...

Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:56 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I think one thing that would help Vernon is if he got into some decent shape and lose some weight. To me, he carrying to much weight and he looks slow and sluggish.

His play has definitely been a disappointment.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:40 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think we need to fix the interior line before we worry about Carey. He's far from the best RT in the game, but he doesn't suck and there are bigger fish to fry.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:25 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

It sucks watching other teams that started their rebuilding process around the same time as us go out there and win... while we continue to struggle with an offense that really just can't get anything going.

Do we really have to clean house again??? UGH!!

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:55 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Like the Falcons... that one hurts the most.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:

Atlanta, Baltimore and Tampa Bay were not 1-15 ball clubs completely stripped of talent by a moron named Cam Cameron.

Atlanta had guys on the team that could play, they were just decimated by MIchael Vick's ordeal and crappy coaching from a jackass in Petrino. Baltimore was talented, just with no quarterback and a series of injuries. And Tampa Bay was an average team that let go of Gruden in favor of a rookie coach with a rookie quarterback and they had their bumps and bruises in year one but are doing well now.

Flacco, Ryan and Freeman got the backing of their coaches and were allowed to develop. Henne has been sheltered and put on a leash because they had more trust Pennington.

Miami had nothing. The other teams just didn't have a quarterback. I'd say we've come a long way.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:32 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Quote:
He's far from the best RT in the game, but he doesn't suck and there are bigger fish to fry.

sorry buddy, read the stats at the beginning of this thread....HE SUCKS...18TH IN RUN BLOCKING AND 51ST IN ALLOWING SACKS!!!....sorry but his replacement is just as important as the C and G position !!!

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:59 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

He's been playing injured. As usual. Fans seem to miss that about this guy. He is very tough.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

You will not be able to tell me that RT is the biggest need on our OL. I don't even view it as a need yet. RG, Center and depth all come before sniffing at RT.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:48 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

Atlanta, Baltimore and Tampa Bay were not 1-15 ball clubs completely stripped of talent by a moron named Cam Cameron.

Atlanta had guys on the team that could play, they were just decimated by MIchael Vick's ordeal and crappy coaching from a jackass in Petrino. Baltimore was talented, just with no quarterback and a series of injuries. And Tampa Bay was an average team that let go of Gruden in favor of a rookie coach with a rookie quarterback and they had their bumps and bruises in year one but are doing well now.

Flacco, Ryan and Freeman got the backing of their coaches and were allowed to develop. Henne has been sheltered and put on a leash because they had more trust Pennington.

Miami had nothing. The other teams just didn't have a quarterback. I'd say we've come a long way.

So very true. Even with the struggles the team faces right now, this team has come a long way. Right now it just a matter of a few pieces here and there instead of the massive rebuilding process that was needed after 1-15.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:30 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Vernon Carey is a durable guy that plays week in and week out. Is he overpaid, just a little bit, but the guy is capable of playing both tackle positions and both guard spots. He's versatile, tough, and still has plenty of good years left in him. I know his numbers aren't where you'd like them to be this season, but I'm glad we've got the guy. He was one of our better draft choices over the past ten years in my book.
Just because Dan Dierdorf points out that the guy is having a mediocre season doesn't mean the guy is crap. He's playing hurt and there is a revolving door next to him at right guard. When you've constantly got different guys playing next to you it throws you off. You're constantly guessing what that guy next to you is doing in terms of blocking assignments. When we get continuity at right guard position you will see Carey go right back up among the better right tackles in the game.
Carey isn't crap, he's far from it.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]