View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
 Here's a not so nice stat... 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Here's a not so nice stat...
The Dolphins have scored 172 points this season!! Problem is, only two teams have scored fewer points....the Carolina Panthers and the San Francisco 49er's. The Bills scored 49 points today, and that is over 28% of our total points through 10 games :cry:

This next draft and free agency period better be devoted to offense. The emphasis on defense has paid some dividends, but the offense and special teams were neglected.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:22 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Here's a not so nice stat...
Well they gave up a 2nd in this year and next year's draft for Marshall, and they drafted Jerry. Each year they draft a couple guys for offense and spend the rest on defense. I presume the idea is that with a steady run game, and a stifling defense, you don't have to have to score a bunch if you can keep the other guys off the field. That hasn't worked though, as we can now tell. Perhaps this year we will see more guys devoted to offense with only a couple picks dedicated to defense. Of course who knows who will be drafting for us in 2011?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:08 am
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Yeah in order for a stifling run game and solid defense to work... you actually have to run the ball.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We have no run game at all. That is the problem.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:16 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Whats scarier is we lead the league in points scored on the opening drive. We just die after that. Sounds to me like we have a gameplan going into the game and then Henning forgets what the heck he's doing after the first drive.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:18 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

In 2008 they spent first, second and fourth round picks on offense.

In 2009 they spent second, third and fourth round picks on offense.

In 2010 they spent 2nd (trade) and 3rd round picks on offense.

I'm not including fifth rounders and beyond.

Problem is their offensive picks haven't panned out as planned. Long was the best and a consistent Pro Bowler. I have no problem with Miami passing on Matt Ryan for him. Henne is still developing but I like what I've seen in his development...and I'm sure there will be some heavy disagreement there. Hartline has been okay to pretty good and that is what you should ask for in a 4th round receiver. Shawn Murphy, Pat White and Pat Turner were bad picks. John Jerry is still a question mark.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

There's been no consistency. Starting 5 olinemen have changed how many times? The running backs are a turnstile, there's a new starter in the defensive backfield virtually every week. 6 guys have thrown passes for this team. Nobody seems to know what each player's role is....
Jason Allen's role should have been special teamer. Instead he was asked to play safety, corner, nickelback, and special teams.
Davone Bess is a slot receiver...instead he's asked to play flanker, wide out and slot.
Starks is a defensive end...instead he's asked to play nose tackle. Wilford's a receiver put into a TE spot...Wilson a strong safety put at Free Safety.

Yeah, competition for a spot is fine...but how about letting a guy play a position, learn the position, and stay there?

Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:41 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Go out and sign Logan Mankins in the Off Season.....Franchise Ronnie.....Draft Mark Ingram round 1 then Kendall Hunter in round 3.....Either in FA or via trade or the draft, find a way to get an athletic TE in here.....

And we'll be in business.

Wait I forgot something....
FIRE DAN HENNING

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:06 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
Go out and sign Logan Mankins in the Off Season.....Franchise Ronnie.....Draft Mark Ingram round 1 then Kendall Hunter in round 3.....Either in FA or via trade or the draft, find a way to get an athletic TE in here.....

FIRE DAN HENNING

Still need a center.. and a QB. Not saying Henne isn't the answer.. But, he sure hasn't looked it thus far.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:08 pm

hypocritex wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

FIRE DAN HENNING

Still need a center.. and a QB. Not saying Henne isn't the answer.. But, he sure hasn't looked it thus far.

I may be a homer, but I think with a system that fits Henne's style, he'll improve tremendously. Not saying he'll ever be elite, but I think he can be what Matt Schaub or Matt Ryan have turned into.

Joe Berger played well last season. If you have an opportunity to improve that position, then do so, but not at the expense of LG, RB, or TE.

If we get Mankins in here, I think that will reflect well on Berger. Incognito and the instability at RG haven't exactly been great for him. He's not anything special, but I can live with him for another year as long as we improve the OG position.

If you can get some athleticism at the TE, RB and LG positions, as well as get an OC who understands how to use Chad Henne, I think that you'll be in business.

To those who are afraid of money regarding Mankins, he is 100% worth whatever he wants. He's the best interior O-lineman in the NFL right now, and it's not like we've got any money invested in the interior of that 5 anyway. We've seen this season what going cheap on the O-line produces. Did we overpay for Grove and Smiley? Sure, but at least we were getting tons more production then we are now.

You get Mankins and Mark Ingram in here, and, IMO, you instantly jump back into the top 5-6 rushing teams in the NFL.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

hypocritex wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

FIRE DAN HENNING

I agree...We need another option at QB until someone can prove other wise...

And as far as Ronnie goes...This could be the end of the road in Miami...He is not playing well and in no way deserves franchise money or a big long contract for that matter

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:18 pm

If Ross is willing to pay, who cares how much it costs? You can't lose Ronnie and Ricky....and there is no way I'm bringing Ricky back for another season.

Ronnie does not look like his 2006 or 2007 self, but he can do a lot more things for this offense than Ricky does.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:21 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't care much for Ronnie or Ricky at this point. Ricky will be cheap though....and is still effective when someone blocks for him. He hits the hole quickly, when there is a hole. Ronnie is not looking good this year, has been hurt way too much...and is not worth a nice fat new contract. Trade him if you can.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:38 am

Cannot wait until after the season when we hire the best OC in the world & that will be our best off season move that will propel us to the elite status.
Sarcasm aside while the play calling has not been good it is still the lack of execution from the players that dooms a team.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:43 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Phins Rock wrote:
If Ross is willing to pay, who cares how much it costs? You can't lose Ronnie and Ricky....and there is no way I'm bringing Ricky back for another season.

Ronnie does not look like his 2006 or 2007 self, but he can do a lot more things for this offense than Ricky does.

I'd much rather Williams back than Brown. He isn't worth the franchise cost and they aren't giving him the big contract he wants. And lets face it, Brown's best production came when the Wildcat was fooling everyone.

I really agree with your Logan Mankins suggestion and I think Miami will target him. You pair a young back with Ricky Williams while adding a quality guard like Mankins and their should be results. New England's running game has already improved with Mankins back.

I think Miami will spend another pick on a QB, but probably not until 3rd or 4th round.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:35 pm

jammer wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

I'd much rather Williams back than Brown. He isn't worth the franchise cost and they aren't giving him the big contract he wants. And lets face it, Brown's best production came when the Wildcat was fooling everyone.

I really agree with your Logan Mankins suggestion and I think Miami will target him. You pair a young back with Ricky Williams while adding a quality guard like Mankins and their should be results. New England's running game has already improved with Mankins back.

I think Miami will spend another pick on a QB, but probably not until 3rd or 4th round.

I was at the game this past weekend against the Colts, and it's amazing to see in person how athletic he is in space, and how much of a mauler he is down hill.

Jeff Ireland put in a call to NE regarding him this off season. No way he re-signs with the Pats, and if that's the case I think Miami HAS to go after him. Mankins and Long would be a SICK duo.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]