View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Are Dolphins trying to win or "save face"? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Are Dolphins trying to win or "save face"?
Dave Hyde wrote:
3. I have a hard time believing the Dolphins couldn't use Donald Thomas or Jake Grove more than Eric Ghiaciuc. That doesn't seem about helping out a troubled offensive line. It seems about face-saving.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:46 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Are Dolphins trying to win or "save face"?
Big Dave wrote:
Dave Hyde wrote:
3. I have a hard time believing the Dolphins couldn't use Donald Thomas or Jake Grove more than Eric Ghiaciuc. That doesn't seem about helping out a troubled offensive line. It seems about face-saving.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... l+blogs%29

We got rid of them because they couldn't do the job (whether by injury or some other means). Why would we hire them back?

And it's not like these guys have tons of opportunities for them right now. They're sitting at home on a couch on Sundays because NO ONE wants them.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:50 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

It's hard for me to believe that we cannot use them. Last year when we had them in our lineup we had one of the best offensive lines in the NFL .... especially with Grove. It makes me wonder how bad of shape his body is in.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:27 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Still a Donald Thomas fan. Grove is better than anyone else out there.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

FYI

Donald Thomas has signed with the Lions

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:23 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Big Dave wrote:
It's hard for me to believe that we cannot use them. Last year when we had them in our lineup we had one of the best offensive lines in the NFL .... especially with Grove. It makes me wonder how bad of shape his body is in.

Bingo...we have a bingo. It isn't about talent at all. These guys know the system and were great run blockers when healthy last season. Instead our backups were Somebody X and Somebody Y. Miami could've had previous starters as backups making the line very deep. Instead they went after drift wood in the off-season and now it is biting them in the rear end. Whomever is making the personnel decisions needs to be fired...yesterday

Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think we would have been wise to go after Grove considering he already knows the system and when healthy played very well for our football team. That being said, who would know his healthy status better than our staff? There is a reason we let him go and I don't think it had a thing to do with talent. If you watched this season you can tell Grove is sorely missed in the running game as is Smiley. When Grove and Smiley were in there we could run the ball all day long. But they could never put together a full season as a unit. It's dissapointing, we had probably the best line in the NFL two seasons ago, now we're facing rebuilding it again. You can't win games if you don't have a good offensive/defensive line.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:35 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

NFLJunkie wrote:
Big Dave wrote:

Bingo...we have a bingo. It isn't about talent at all. These guys know the system and were great run blockers when healthy last season. Instead our backups were Somebody X and Somebody Y. Miami could've had previous starters as backups making the line very deep. Instead they went after drift wood in the off-season and now it is biting them in the rear end. Whomever is making the personnel decisions needs to be fired...yesterday

Double Bingo. Its not like these guys would cost much. They already know the system, they would come in as backups (although with injuries would likely start) and they come at a reduced rate from what they were before. Win Win.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:17 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phin wrote:
Double Bingo. Its not like these guys would cost much. They already know the system, they would come in as backups (although with injuries would likely start) and they come at a reduced rate from what they were before. Win Win.

I'm starting to see a pattern here. If it makes sense to the fans and media, then it must be wrong to the 2-headed trifecta.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:11 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

There is a kid out of Arkansas who is a free agent right now. His name is Jonathan Luigs, he was a former Rimington Award winner from Arkansas. The same Arkansas team with Darren McFadden, the Wildcat Offense, etc. He was cut by the Bengals this year after sitting a lot of spring training out while recovering from a hip injury. The Bengals starter was injured as well so they only had room for two centers on the roster. Luigs was cut because another center they drafted in the 7th was healthy and he wasn't. He started 8 games last year as a rookie. Might be a good prospect to snatch up if he's healthy. The guy is an absolute mauler in the run game. What do you guys think?

Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
There is a kid out of Arkansas who is a free agent right now. His name is Jonathan Luigs, he was a former Rimington Award winner from Arkansas. The same Arkansas team with Darren McFadden, the Wildcat Offense, etc. He was cut by the Bengals this year after sitting a lot of spring training out while recovering from a hip injury. The Bengals starter was injured as well so they only had room for two centers on the roster. Luigs was cut because another center they drafted in the 7th was healthy and he wasn't. He started 8 games last year as a rookie. Might be a good prospect to snatch up if he's healthy. The guy is an absolute mauler in the run game. What do you guys think?

Sign another injury prone player? I'm in.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:53 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]