View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator? 
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
Is it Brad Childress, Jason Garrett (if fired), Norv Turner (if fired) or David Lee?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:30 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
After this year is over of course because I don't think Henning will be fired, I'm assuming he steps down at the end of the year. So please save those comments, I'm just asking who do you think the FO will bring in to replace Henning.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I like Lee, but it would depend on who's available. Also, there are some college coachs that would be worth looking at.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think a lot of it depends on whether Parcells still has a say by then or if we have completely retooled our staff at that point. I personally think David Lee would be a good choice since he has done the job before and he was the one who brought the Wildcat offense to Miami. If not David Lee, then I would love to see Josh McDaniels get fired from Denver and see us sign him as our offensive coordinator. McDaniels is a great offensive coordinator, just look how good he has made Kyle Orton look this year. He also was the designer of that amazing Patriot offense a couple of years ago.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:17 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

MdDolfan wrote:
Is it Brad Childress, Jason Garrett (if fired), Norv Turner (if fired) or David Lee?

Definitely NOT Childress or Turner.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:

OR Garrett...he left Miami to go to Dallas, and now he's a head coach...why would he go to be an offensive coordinator in Miami?
So I guess the answer is David Lee.
Paul Chryst in Wisconsin will probably get NFL looks. Jim Zorn will probably get some offers.

I'd want someone from the Mike Holmgren/Andy Reid tree of coaches to come in...
Jon Gruden?

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:38 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

All these guys (save lee for the most part) like to throw the ball all over the place and tend to abandon the run game. This is the reason we are calling for Hennings head. The dolphins are a running team and we can't continue to ignore our identity.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:51 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

CrunchTime23 wrote:
All these guys (save lee for the most part) like to throw the ball all over the place and tend to abandon the run game. This is the reason we are calling for Hennings head. The dolphins are a running team and we can't continue to ignore our identity.

Ehh you do realize that Norv Turner was our OC back when Ricky was run to death and smoked up because of the pounding that he was taking?

I'm not saying that I want Norv back, just saying that he doesn't just throw the ball all over the place and abandon the run. Granted, we had Fiedler at the time and any pass over 5 yards sailed and was picked off.

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:59 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

CrunchTime23 wrote:

With Miami, Norv ran Ricky into the ground.
In Dallas he ran Emmit everywhere.
Even in San Diego, Tomlinson had 300 carries in 07.

Turner does not have a tendency to abandon the running game and neither has Garrett.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:12 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Iowafin wrote:
CrunchTime23 wrote:

Turner does not have a tendency to abandon the running game and neither has Garrett.

ok ill give you Norv now that I remember him running tolbert all night last night but no way you can't tell me Garrett doesn't abandon the run. Earlier this year there was a stat saying Garrett ran the least in the whole league.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

CrunchTime23 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
CrunchTime23 wrote:

ok ill give you Norv now that I remember him running tolbert all night last night but no way you can't tell me Garrett doesn't abandon the run. Earlier this year there was a stat saying Garrett ran the least in the whole league.

They had won 1 game. The whole team was bad...they were playing from behind. Look at his previous years...

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:21 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

I live in Dallas and am subjected to them every week, Garrett definately abandons the run too early. They were always in every game until the Jacksonville game so the playing from behind thing is nonsense.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

CrunchTime23 wrote:
I live in Dallas and am subjected to them every week, Garrett definately abandons the run too early. They were always in every game until the Jacksonville game so the playing from behind thing is nonsense.

I'd pull out the stats and pick you apart, but I feel like it's just not worth it...it won't fix ignorance.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well...almost anyone but Henning would be addition by subtraction, and thus an improvement.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:06 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Iowafin wrote:
Phin wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:

OR Garrett...he left Miami to go to Dallas, and now he's a head coach...why would he go to be an offensive coordinator in Miami?
So I guess the answer is David Lee.
Paul Chryst in Wisconsin will probably get NFL looks. Jim Zorn will probably get some offers.

I'd want someone from the Mike Holmgren/Andy Reid tree of coaches to come in...
Jon Gruden?

Paul Chryst would be an interesting choice. His Wisconsin teams certainly pound the rock.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:48 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

CrunchTime23 wrote:

i agree but disagree. we have been a running team in the past but, i think we need to find a more balanced attack. I think we became a run first team because pennington lacked zip and the deep ball. having henne sort of opens it up. If the OC sees a trend in the defense I say stick with it. But I see your point establishing the run is an absolute certainty and one that this regime actually lost its focus.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:23 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

finfan808 wrote:
CrunchTime23 wrote:

i agree but disagree. we have been a running team in the past but, i think we need to find a more balanced attack. I think we became a run first team because pennington lacked zip and the deep ball. having henne sort of opens it up. If the OC sees a trend in the defense I say stick with it. But I see your point establishing the run is an absolute certainty and one that this regime actually lost its focus.

We are a running team because the entire philosophy of the organization is based on running he ball. Everything from player selection on up revolves around running the ball and stopping the run. Everything. Just because we have a QB with a cannon and a good corps of receivers does not all of the sudden transform the core philosophy of the entire staff.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

eleaf wrote:
We are a running team because the entire philosophy of the organization is based on running he ball. Everything from player selection on up revolves around running the ball and stopping the run. Everything. Just because we have a QB with a cannon and a good corps of receivers does not all of the sudden transform the core philosophy of the entire staff.

And that's where the mistake is. You can't say that you are a running team. That's arrogant and foolish. The strength is the running game but the offense should be predicated on how the defense is aligned and what they are doing. Hence, the presnap read, audibles and pre-snap reads.

Having Henne back there instead of Pennington just gives us more plays deeper down the field than before. It doesn't change the dynamic of the team but gives us more options.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:56 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

finfan808 wrote:
eleaf wrote:

And that's where the mistake is. You can't say that you are a running team. That's arrogant and foolish. The strength is the running game but the offense should be predicated on how the defense is aligned and what they are doing. Hence, the presnap read, audibles and checkdowns.

Having Henne back there instead of Pennington just gives us more plays deeper down the field than before. It doesn't change the dynamic of the team but gives us more options.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:57 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

wish we could hire the head coach of Boise St. to run this offense.
He seems inventive, with a knack for catching the defense with their pants down.

Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]