View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:33 pm



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator? 
Author Message
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
Is it Brad Childress, Jason Garrett (if fired), Norv Turner (if fired) or David Lee?


Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:17 pm
Posts: 781
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
After this year is over of course because I don't think Henning will be fired, I'm assuming he steps down at the end of the year. So please save those comments, I'm just asking who do you think the FO will bring in to replace Henning.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:32 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
I like Lee, but it would depend on who's available. Also, there are some college coachs that would be worth looking at.

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
I think a lot of it depends on whether Parcells still has a say by then or if we have completely retooled our staff at that point. I personally think David Lee would be a good choice since he has done the job before and he was the one who brought the Wildcat offense to Miami. If not David Lee, then I would love to see Josh McDaniels get fired from Denver and see us sign him as our offensive coordinator. McDaniels is a great offensive coordinator, just look how good he has made Kyle Orton look this year. He also was the designer of that amazing Patriot offense a couple of years ago.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:17 pm
Profile
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:11 pm
Posts: 8956
Location: Fargo, ND
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
MdDolfan wrote:
Is it Brad Childress, Jason Garrett (if fired), Norv Turner (if fired) or David Lee?

Definitely NOT Childress or Turner.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:37 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
Phin wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
Is it Brad Childress, Jason Garrett (if fired), Norv Turner (if fired) or David Lee?

Definitely NOT Childress or Turner.


OR Garrett...he left Miami to go to Dallas, and now he's a head coach...why would he go to be an offensive coordinator in Miami?
So I guess the answer is David Lee.
Paul Chryst in Wisconsin will probably get NFL looks. Jim Zorn will probably get some offers.

I'd want someone from the Mike Holmgren/Andy Reid tree of coaches to come in...
Jon Gruden?

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
All these guys (save lee for the most part) like to throw the ball all over the place and tend to abandon the run game. This is the reason we are calling for Hennings head. The dolphins are a running team and we can't continue to ignore our identity.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:51 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:46 am
Posts: 192
Location: Biloxi, MS
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
CrunchTime23 wrote:
All these guys (save lee for the most part) like to throw the ball all over the place and tend to abandon the run game. This is the reason we are calling for Hennings head. The dolphins are a running team and we can't continue to ignore our identity.


Ehh you do realize that Norv Turner was our OC back when Ricky was run to death and smoked up because of the pounding that he was taking?

I'm not saying that I want Norv back, just saying that he doesn't just throw the ball all over the place and abandon the run. Granted, we had Fiedler at the time and any pass over 5 yards sailed and was picked off.

_________________
Image

Two-thirds of the earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Vontae Davis.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:59 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
CrunchTime23 wrote:
All these guys (save lee for the most part) like to throw the ball all over the place and tend to abandon the run game. This is the reason we are calling for Hennings head. The dolphins are a running team and we can't continue to ignore our identity.


With Miami, Norv ran Ricky into the ground.
In Dallas he ran Emmit everywhere.
Even in San Diego, Tomlinson had 300 carries in 07.

Turner does not have a tendency to abandon the running game and neither has Garrett.

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
Iowafin wrote:
CrunchTime23 wrote:
All these guys (save lee for the most part) like to throw the ball all over the place and tend to abandon the run game. This is the reason we are calling for Hennings head. The dolphins are a running team and we can't continue to ignore our identity.


With Miami, Norv ran Ricky into the ground.
In Dallas he ran Emmit everywhere.
Even in San Diego, Tomlinson had 300 carries in 07.

Turner does not have a tendency to abandon the running game and neither has Garrett.


ok ill give you Norv now that I remember him running tolbert all night last night but no way you can't tell me Garrett doesn't abandon the run. Earlier this year there was a stat saying Garrett ran the least in the whole league.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:19 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
CrunchTime23 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
CrunchTime23 wrote:
All these guys (save lee for the most part) like to throw the ball all over the place and tend to abandon the run game. This is the reason we are calling for Hennings head. The dolphins are a running team and we can't continue to ignore our identity.


With Miami, Norv ran Ricky into the ground.
In Dallas he ran Emmit everywhere.
Even in San Diego, Tomlinson had 300 carries in 07.

Turner does not have a tendency to abandon the running game and neither has Garrett.


ok ill give you Norv now that I remember him running tolbert all night last night but no way you can't tell me Garrett doesn't abandon the run. Earlier this year there was a stat saying Garrett ran the least in the whole league.


They had won 1 game. The whole team was bad...they were playing from behind. Look at his previous years...

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:34 pm
Posts: 4
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
I live in Dallas and am subjected to them every week, Garrett definately abandons the run too early. They were always in every game until the Jacksonville game so the playing from behind thing is nonsense.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:35 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
CrunchTime23 wrote:
I live in Dallas and am subjected to them every week, Garrett definately abandons the run too early. They were always in every game until the Jacksonville game so the playing from behind thing is nonsense.


I'd pull out the stats and pick you apart, but I feel like it's just not worth it...it won't fix ignorance.

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2435
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
Well...almost anyone but Henning would be addition by subtraction, and thus an improvement.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:06 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:41 pm
Posts: 468
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
Iowafin wrote:
Phin wrote:
MdDolfan wrote:
Is it Brad Childress, Jason Garrett (if fired), Norv Turner (if fired) or David Lee?

Definitely NOT Childress or Turner.


OR Garrett...he left Miami to go to Dallas, and now he's a head coach...why would he go to be an offensive coordinator in Miami?
So I guess the answer is David Lee.
Paul Chryst in Wisconsin will probably get NFL looks. Jim Zorn will probably get some offers.

I'd want someone from the Mike Holmgren/Andy Reid tree of coaches to come in...
Jon Gruden?


Paul Chryst would be an interesting choice. His Wisconsin teams certainly pound the rock.


Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:48 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 215
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
CrunchTime23 wrote:
All these guys (save lee for the most part) like to throw the ball all over the place and tend to abandon the run game. This is the reason we are calling for Hennings head. The dolphins are a running team and we can't continue to ignore our identity.


i agree but disagree. we have been a running team in the past but, i think we need to find a more balanced attack. I think we became a run first team because pennington lacked zip and the deep ball. having henne sort of opens it up. If the OC sees a trend in the defense I say stick with it. But I see your point establishing the run is an absolute certainty and one that this regime actually lost its focus.


Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
finfan808 wrote:
CrunchTime23 wrote:
All these guys (save lee for the most part) like to throw the ball all over the place and tend to abandon the run game. This is the reason we are calling for Hennings head. The dolphins are a running team and we can't continue to ignore our identity.


i agree but disagree. we have been a running team in the past but, i think we need to find a more balanced attack. I think we became a run first team because pennington lacked zip and the deep ball. having henne sort of opens it up. If the OC sees a trend in the defense I say stick with it. But I see your point establishing the run is an absolute certainty and one that this regime actually lost its focus.


We are a running team because the entire philosophy of the organization is based on running he ball. Everything from player selection on up revolves around running the ball and stopping the run. Everything. Just because we have a QB with a cannon and a good corps of receivers does not all of the sudden transform the core philosophy of the entire staff.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:08 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 215
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
eleaf wrote:
We are a running team because the entire philosophy of the organization is based on running he ball. Everything from player selection on up revolves around running the ball and stopping the run. Everything. Just because we have a QB with a cannon and a good corps of receivers does not all of the sudden transform the core philosophy of the entire staff.


And that's where the mistake is. You can't say that you are a running team. That's arrogant and foolish. The strength is the running game but the offense should be predicated on how the defense is aligned and what they are doing. Hence, the presnap read, audibles and pre-snap reads.

Having Henne back there instead of Pennington just gives us more plays deeper down the field than before. It doesn't change the dynamic of the team but gives us more options.


Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:56 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 am
Posts: 215
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
finfan808 wrote:
eleaf wrote:
We are a running team because the entire philosophy of the organization is based on running he ball. Everything from player selection on up revolves around running the ball and stopping the run. Everything. Just because we have a QB with a cannon and a good corps of receivers does not all of the sudden transform the core philosophy of the entire staff.


And that's where the mistake is. You can't say that you are a running team. That's arrogant and foolish. The strength is the running game but the offense should be predicated on how the defense is aligned and what they are doing. Hence, the presnap read, audibles and checkdowns.

Having Henne back there instead of Pennington just gives us more plays deeper down the field than before. It doesn't change the dynamic of the team but gives us more options.


Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:57 pm
Profile
Online
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6292
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: So who is our NEW Offensive Coordinator?
wish we could hire the head coach of Boise St. to run this offense.
He seems inventive, with a knack for catching the defense with their pants down.


Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:21 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], swerve13, Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.