View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Dolphins T Long, QB Henne return to practice; Marshall missi 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins T Long, QB Henne return to practice; Marshall missi
Quote:
Rumors of tackle Jake Long's demise have been greatly exaggerated. And quarterback Chad Henne's for that matter.

The Miami Dolphins duo returned to practice Tuesday, two days after reports surfaced Long would need season-ending shoulder surgery and little more than a week after Henne's availability for the rest of the season was questioned. Meanwhile, wide receiver Brandon Marshall was not seen at practice.

Long, a Pro Bowl pick last season, told the Miami Herald that he never considered taking himself out of Thursday night's 16-0 loss to the Chicago Bears despite his obviously difficulty with his right shoulder.

"I hate missing any type of game time," Long said. "I'm going to do everything I can to play."

Henne, who wore a brace on his injured knee, was limited at practice.

Two other starters -- center Joe Berger (knee) and linebacker Karlos Dansby (elbow) -- were practice observers as well

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... ll-missing

Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:23 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Dolphins T Long, QB Henne return to practice; Marshall missi
I respect Long's tenacity and commitment, but if he continues to struggle like he did against Chicago, the best move might be to shut him down for the season. The playoffs are practically out of the picture at this point, so there really isn't much reason to keep a guy on the field and further set back his recovery.

Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]