View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Commentary: If Michael Vick is available after the season... 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Commentary: If Michael Vick is available after the season...
Commentary: If Michael Vick is available after the season, the Miami Dolphins should try to get him
By Greg Stoda
Palm Beach Post Staff Writer
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dol ... 70220.html

My opinion, I think we'll pass. Our coaches passed on him when he returned to the NFL, I don't think they've changed their minds on him now that he's playing good and back to his old ways. Vick is an explosive quarterback, but he's still a high risk guy no matter what people do to put him in a positive light. The guy was in prison for 19 months, then there was a shooting at his birthday party! This guy won't change, he'll be a loser thug for the rest of his life. Henne may not be as explosive as Vick, but he's developing into a leader and he's not a complete punk like Vick.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:14 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Commentary: If Michael Vick is available after the season...
To expect anywhere near the same production as we're seeing this year would be naive. Philly's offense is chalk full of playmakers and speed. Unless the Fins could replicate that, there's no point in even taking a chance.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:27 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
To expect anywhere near the same production as we're seeing this year would be naive. Philly's offense is chalk full of playmakers and speed. Unless the Fins could replicate that, there's no point in even taking a chance.

Speed that can stretch the field is the major thing missing from our offense. We used to have it with Ginn Jr., but now we're lacking big time. We could really use a weapon like DeSean Jackson on our team right about now. That and a healthy offensive line.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:32 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

wkloiber13 wrote:
Speed that can stretch the field is the major thing missing from our offense. We used to have it with Ginn Jr., but now we're lacking big time.

the double edged sword... A super fast WR that had issues catching the ball or the slower WR that catches darn near everything thrown in his vicinity...

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:32 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

One he won't be available, but two and most importantly if you think that Vick is going to continue on this tornado type of pace that he has been playing at then you are smoking some good stuff. I guarantee that by the end of next season Vick is going to have come way back down to earth.

Just look at Vince Young at the end of last season and then this season. This kind of things happen all the time.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:11 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

He won't leave Philly, so the conversation is pretty much a mute point.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:23 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Plus these type of QBs never stay healthy enough to play 16 games ... certainly not 18 if need be as well.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:35 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I wanted Vick when he came out of the big house. Oh well...

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:57 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Speed that can stretch the field is the major thing missing from our offense. We used to have it with Ginn Jr., but now we're lacking big time.

the double edged sword... A super fast WR that had issues catching the ball or the slower WR that catches darn near everything thrown in his vicinity...

I agree, Ginn Jr. always had issues catching the ball and never really developed the way we wanted. He did look like he was starting to develop some chemistry with Henne towards the end though. But if we could find someone like DeSean Jackson or Eddie Royal, who is blazing fast and has good hands then we could take our offense to another level. Someone like that would be available in the second round.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:14 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
I agree, Ginn Jr. always had issues catching the ball and never really developed the way we wanted.

Cam Cameron was dumb for drafting him and thinking he could "develop" him. Ginn had troubles holding on to the football in college...as did Derek Hagan...those thing don't just go away.
Quote:
He did look like he was starting to develop some chemistry with Henne towards the end though..

He did? Of a combined 121 throws for Henne in the last three games, Ginn had 10 catches.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:01 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
I agree, Ginn Jr. always had issues catching the ball and never really developed the way we wanted.

Cam Cameron was dumb for drafting him and thinking he could "develop" him. Ginn had troubles holding on to the football in college...as did Derek Hagan...those thing don't just go away.
Quote:
He did look like he was starting to develop some chemistry with Henne towards the end though..

He did? Of a combined 121 throws for Henne in the last three games, Ginn had 10 catches.

I agree, Ginn Jr. was a terrible pick for a team that needed so much. Cam Cameron was the worst head coach in Miami Dolphins history, the guy was just terrible at personnel decisions.
As far as your stat, yes Ginn wasn't exactly setting world on fire, but the two of them did hook up on a couple of nice deep passes. It's those type of long strikes that our offense is missing right now. I'm definitely not saying we need another Ted Ginn Jr. on our team, I'm just saying we need a guy like Ted Ginn Jr. who can catch the ball. If Ginn Jr. would have had better receiver skills he would have been a very dynamic player.
And don't forget brother, whenever you doubt taking Ted Ginn Jr., just remember that we got the whole Ginn family in that deal.
:grin:

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

there is no way vick leaves philly. if he doesnt sign a multi year contract theyll franchise him. the offense there fits him perfectly, no one else in the league is better than he is right now.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:59 pm
Profile WWW
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

I kind of like the idea. However, our experience with players who smoke pot has been a disaster. I feel that with our luck, Michael Vick will immediately stop taking the correct masking agents or the NFL, (which everyone has already established is biased towards other teams), will simply start testing Vick with no ability to pass.

How many years did Ricky miss in the NFL? 3? Now granted, he probably got caught on purpose because he didn't want to play, while Vick wants to play and therefore will always take the right masking agents. Plus, it's possible that Vick stopped smoking since he got into so much legal trouble.

but do you guys want to take that chance?

Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]