View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Brandon Marshall rests; Top QB up in air 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Brandon Marshall rests; Top QB up in air
Brandon Marshall rests; Top QB up in air
Associated Press
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5847768
Quote:
DAVIE, Fla. -- Miami Dolphins wide receiver Brandon Marshall didn't practice Wednesday because of a hamstring injury, raising questions as to whether he'll play Sunday at Oakland.

Quote:
Miami also has a quarterback question because Sparano hasn't named a starter. Tyler Thigpen and Chad Henne took snaps with the first team on Wednesday.

Quote:
There's been other good news related to the Dolphins' injuries. Center Joe Berger, who missed the Chicago game with a knee injury, returned to practice. That means right guard Richie Incognito can stay put this week. Left tackle Jake Long (left shoulder), who wears a protective harness, practiced and it appears that he'll start at Oakland.

Not really sure what is going on with Marshall, he's starting to become a real distraction. Hopefully we can start winning again so he'll cool down. Marshall looks really frustrated by our offense's inability to get him the football more down in the redzone, or find him deep for big plays. He's a big time receiver and he's not putting up the same monster numbers he's used to.

Sounds like Henne is coming along fine and looking more and more like he'll be able to finish up the season despite hurting his knee. I don't think there is a major rush to get him in for the Oakland game this week but I would like to see Henne get out there for at least six more games this year. It will be critical experience for him going into next season. It will also provide our coaches with plenty of chances to evaluate him and see if he's really the guy they want quarterbacking this team going into next season.

It's nice to finally hear that Berger is back practicing. He hasn't been amazing this year but he has been consistent and solid in pass protection. Now that we've got our original starting offensive line back, albeit with a banged up Jake Long, we should be able to protect our quarterback much better this week. Hopefully we can put it all together and get the W in Oakland!
:stiffarm:

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:26 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Post Re: Brandon Marshall rests; Top QB up in air
wkloiber13 wrote:
Not really sure what is going on with Marshall, he's starting to become a real distraction. Hopefully we can start winning again so he'll cool down. Marshall looks really frustrated by our offense's inability to get him the football more down in the redzone, or find him deep for big plays. He's a big time receiver and he's not putting up the same monster numbers he's used to.

Not sure what his issue is either, being he asked to come here, he also had a nice attitude at first about being a "team player and wanting to get dirty"...

He needs to relax....

Although I dont think he is the only one frustrated. He is just the only one with balls enought to voice his frustrations....

Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:36 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Not really sure what is going on with Marshall, he's starting to become a real distraction.

Dude's hurt. Injuries aren't really a "distraction".

He's visibly frustrated on the field and has made some dumb choices that have cost us, but let's not confuse any of that with the guy being hurt.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:35 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I think somebody needs to be frustrated about our offense. I think somebody needs to be on the field kicking them in their faces. Lord knows no QB on the roster will do it! We just got shut out at home. If Marshall wants to bring a machine gun in and trench coat mob the place, I'm down.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:55 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
I think somebody needs to be frustrated about our offense. I think somebody needs to be on the field kicking them in their faces. Lord knows no QB on the roster will do it! We just got shut out at home. If Marshall wants to bring a machine gun in and trench coat mob the place, I'm down.

It seems like everyone on offense keeps pointing fingers. The players are pointing to the lousy scheme and playcalling while the coaches are pointing to the lack of execution. I tend to agree more with the players on this one, we're a running football team that has abandoned the run this year. When you run the ball well it opens other things up and I think Marshall and other understand that. I'm not too sure Henning does.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]