View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Football Gameplan's Week 11 Video Preview - Dolphins vs OAK 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Football Gameplan's Week 11 Video Preview - Dolphins vs OAK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt3RiqSSeCA

Happy Turkey Day!! Good Morning Dolphins Fans! Good Luck this Week!!

Em

Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:18 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Football Gameplan's Week 11 Video Preview - Dolphins vs OAK
According to this guy we're going to get dominated in all phases of the game. I don't think we're going to let them run teh ball like they want. I think this will be a defensive battle.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:21 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Miami 24 - Oakland 3

Honestly, I don't see the Raiders getting anything going. Campbell is just down right awful, and if you stack the box you can really shut them down, as Pittsburgh proved last Sunday.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:40 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Miami's defense is down right awful.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:50 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Raiders will run the ball all darn day, and get plenty of yards. They are 2nd in rushing and we are 20th in rushing defense. I guess Samson Satele really wasn't that bad, huh? They have a top tight end in Zach Miller. He is questionable. If he plays, he will kill us...as do all competent tight ends. I would love to see a clever game plan with a stacked box and well-disguised interior blitz calls. Somehow, I suspect we will see vanilla defense though. Advantage Raiders.

If we put pressure on the QB with consistency, then we can keep the ball out of the hands of their wide receivers....if not, the raiders are not afraid to throw the long ball and Louis Murphy is a star in the making. Jacoby Ford is very fast and could break a big one as well. Our defense is 5th against the pass. This is the phase of the game that could give us turnovers and give us hope. If Cameron Wake puts the fear of God into Campebell, good things can happen. Advantage Dolphins.

Our offense is horrible and the Raiders have a great secondary. They are 4th against the pass and we are 20th in passing offense. That means we have to run the ball. Problem is, we are 21st in rushing offense...but the Raiders are a horrible 25th in rushing defense, so there is hope. The offensive game plan will have to be stellar to succeed...yeah right. Advantage Raiders

Jacoby Ford is a very speedy and elusive return man...our special teams can't tackle....our return game is pedestrian at best. The kickers for both teams are good. If there is anything the 2010 Dolphins are good at, it is field goals. Shane Lechler is a much better punter though. Advantage Raiders.

So....both teams will likely be trying to win on the ground and the Raiders will win that battle every darn day. Throw in a couple big passes to Zach Miller and it could be a debacle. If the Raiders wide receivers get turned loose, then it will be a slaughter.

Raiders 21
Dolphins 10

At least we are playing on the road....the 2010 Dolphins seem to save their poorest efforts for the home crowd. Sorry, but this team looks to be going in the wrong direction and the Raiders seem to have turned their team around and are on a 4 game winning streak....

Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The Raiders will run the ball all darn day, and get plenty of yards. They are 2nd in rushing and we are 20th in rushing defense. I guess Samson Satele really wasn't that bad, huh?....

Miami has played the Jets, Ravens, Packers, and Pitt.

The Raiders have played...Pittsburgh.

So yeah, Satele looks good when he plays bad teams...looks bad when he plays good teams.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:45 pm
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
The Raiders will run the ball all darn day, and get plenty of yards. They are 2nd in rushing and we are 20th in rushing defense. I guess Samson Satele really wasn't that bad, huh? They have a top tight end in Zach Miller. He is questionable. If he plays, he will kill us...as do all competent tight ends. I would love to see a clever game plan with a stacked box and well-disguised interior blitz calls. Somehow, I suspect we will see vanilla defense though. Advantage Raiders.

If we put pressure on the QB with consistency, then we can keep the ball out of the hands of their wide receivers....if not, the raiders are not afraid to throw the long ball and Louis Murphy is a star in the making. Jacoby Ford is very fast and could break a big one as well. Our defense is 5th against the pass. This is the phase of the game that could give us turnovers and give us hope. If Cameron Wake puts the fear of God into Campebell, good things can happen. Advantage Dolphins.

Our offense is horrible and the Raiders have a great secondary. They are 4th against the pass and we are 20th in passing offense. That means we have to run the ball. Problem is, we are 21st in rushing offense...but the Raiders are a horrible 25th in rushing defense, so there is hope. The offensive game plan will have to be stellar to succeed...yeah right. Advantage Raiders

Jacoby Ford is a very speedy and elusive return man...our special teams can't tackle....our return game is pedestrian at best. The kickers for both teams are good. If there is anything the 2010 Dolphins are good at, it is field goals. Shane Lechler is a much better punter though. Advantage Raiders.

So....both teams will likely be trying to win on the ground and the Raiders will win that battle every darn day. Throw in a couple big passes to Zach Miller and it could be a debacle. If the Raiders wide receivers get turned loose, then it will be a slaughter.

Raiders 21
Dolphins 10

At least we are playing on the road....the 2010 Dolphins seem to save their poorest efforts for the home crowd. Sorry, but this team looks to be going in the wrong direction and the Raiders seem to have turned their team around and are on a 4 game winning streak....

I Disagree I think we will contain the run. Ya, we're ranked 20th against the run, it's a deceiving statistic though because our defense is always on the field.Opposing teams still only average 3.9 per carry against us. I do think Nolan will stack the box and confuse campbell and make him beat us. Unless Mcfadden breaks the big one we'll be good against the run. Advantage Fins.

The Raiders are horrible converting third downs going 47/144, bummer is our D isn't any better were 55/141 on 3rd down.I'm more worried about the screens/check downs and Z. Miller on third downs. But I agree we should hold their passing attack and play oppurtunistic D get some sacks/turnovers. Advantage Fins

AS far as our offense vs. their D, we have to get the run going early and stick with it so we can utilize the play-action. Especially if were minus marshall.
advantage raiders

special teams.....RAIDERS

Our D gets some turnovers, offense will put together couple drives, keep the passes to a minimum we'll end up with one touchdown and a few field goals. Another win on the road

Dolphins 16
Raiders 13

Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:26 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Sounds like the game is going to come down to game planning.....which we haven't been too good at. I hate to say it, but the Raiduhs will win easily.

Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]