View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Dan Henning not worried about job security 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Dan Henning not worried about job security
Dan Henning not worried about job security
Armando Salguero
The Miami Herald
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... urity.html

Quote:
"Job security? You understand I've been retired twice. So job security is not something I worry about," he responded. "I worry about trying to take what we have and doing the best we can with it. Now, to give you a comparison, when we first came here in 2008, we have only four players left from the team we first picked up here.

"We have one lineman, we have three backs and we don't have any of the same quarterbacks, we don't have any of the same receivers, we don't have any of the same offensive linemen except for the one and we don't have any of the same tight ends."

These words tell me that the current players we have do not fit into Dan Henning's offense. Henning is refusing to change his offensive game plan to make it fit the players we now have. He instead expect the players we now have to somehow change into the 2008 squad.
Wake up Henning, this is a different team, with different players! If you refuse to change then you will doom our season! Pull your head out you stubborn old man!

Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:37 am
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Post Re: Dan Henning not worried about job security
this season is already doomed, the Jets and Pats will get 10 wins next week, even by playing each other, and the conspiracy rages. The best we should expect is a 9-7 season and a good draft positioning.... why that record? so Sparano can keep his job, we would have improved 2 games over last year, and it would be obvious that we played in the hardest division in the NFL. That being said, we need a new OC, and hopefully some one who actually can play to our players strengths...

You know what. Im glad we didnt do better this season. This defense has shown adversity. The offense has been stagnant, but Henne has gotten great experience, and put up mediocre numbers for the season. We should be ready to explode next season. Having Chad P retire, and while I do hope that Ricky returns, since he is my favorite player, if he plans on retiring as well, we will lose our 2 oldest players. We will still field a 25 yr old average team with solid foundation, and good experience. Bring in an OC that can utilize this, and we will be a force for 5 years....

Im on the Childress bandwagon. Lets go West Coast. Its worked in Philly, so dont say that kind of game can not be played in the cold, or on the East Coast. We got prime weather. We got the skill positions. Why not bring out some high risk offense. Say what you want about his people skills, but that man has made Sidney Rice look like a stud. Percy Harvin in one year made headlines. AP? he was good, but Childress's system made him better....... Maybe Ronnie isnt that way, but Childress made Westbrook one of the best RBs in the league, and I know that Ronnie can do the same and more.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:20 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

SkyHigh314 wrote:
this season is already doomed, the Jets and Pats will get 10 wins next week, even by playing each other, and the conspiracy rages. The best we should expect is a 9-7 season and a good draft positioning.... why that record? so Sparano can keep his job, we would have improved 2 games over last year, and it would be obvious that we played in the hardest division in the NFL. That being said, we need a new OC, and hopefully some one who actually can play to our players strengths...

You know what. Im glad we didnt do better this season. This defense has shown adversity. The offense has been stagnant, but Henne has gotten great experience, and put up mediocre numbers for the season. We should be ready to explode next season. Having Chad P retire, and while I do hope that Ricky returns, since he is my favorite player, if he plans on retiring as well, we will lose our 2 oldest players. We will still field a 25 yr old average team with solid foundation, and good experience. Bring in an OC that can utilize this, and we will be a force for 5 years....

Im on the Childress bandwagon. Lets go West Coast. Its worked in Philly, so dont say that kind of game can not be played in the cold, or on the East Coast. We got prime weather. We got the skill positions. Why not bring out some high risk offense. Say what you want about his people skills, but that man has made Sidney Rice look like a stud. Percy Harvin in one year made headlines. AP? he was good, but Childress's system made him better....... Maybe Ronnie isnt that way, but Childress made Westbrook one of the best RBs in the league, and I know that Ronnie can do the same and more.

I'm all for replacing Dan Henning, I think the game has passed him up. As for Childress, he has a reputation for running an overly complex offense, one so complex that I don't think he can even run it. The guy isn't very good at teaching either. All of this is coming from my brother who has been a Vikings fan all of his life, and a true Childress hater. For every bad thing we say about Henning, he's got worse to say about Childress.
I agree that will probably wind up around .500 this year. We'll improve just a little and it will carry over into next season. Hopfully we can address a few things in the draft that will correct and strenghten our offense. In my opinion we probably need these things in order to fix our offense for next year:
1. OT - To allow Carey to move into the guard position and to add as a solid replacement to Long should his shoulder not hold up. This move would really strenghten our offensive line.
2. RB - Get another power back to replace Ronnie Brown as he will likely go away in free agency. You can resign Ricky Williams and keep him around for one more season to teach the kid.
3. WR/KR - We've been missing Ted Ginn Jr. on special teams so this guy should be able to return kicks for us right away. We need a speed guy who can be a legit #2 target for Henne that can stretch the field and take pressure off of Marshall at the same time.
4. C - We are pretty banged up at center right now and many have noticed a drop off in the run game with Berger in there this year. Maybe it's time we drafted a good center to develop behind Berger, one that could maybe take his job after a season or two. You can grab a solid center prospect in the middle to late rounds so this pick won't cost you much.
5. TE - We've locked in Fasano for a couple of years more. He's a solid TE but we need someone to complement him. If you look around the league all of the successful young quarterbacks have talented TEs that can catch and run routes very well. Just look at what Dustin Keller has accomplished in New York and you'll see what I'm talking about. Having a pass catching threat like that would be an excellent way to help Henne out and boost the offense.

I think if we can get those five things this draft then we will have a great offense. Problem is we don't have many picks in the first few rounds. Maybe we will need to trade back, combine later picks to move up, etc. in order to make it happen where we can get all of these things earlier on than later. I've got a few guys in mind that would fit all of these things.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:24 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

We don't need a power back, we need one with speed and elusiveness. Hilliard can be the power back, or Ricky for now. Ronnie is gone for a pick, I hope.

I think we need interior lineman for the offense after we get the running back. A speedy kick returner/WR in the later rounds would be nice, but you would have to be pretty lucky to find one in the 4th round or so...but, hey, we got Hartline in the 4th round.

Tight end probably has to wait for a year, or free agency. A pass rusher in free agency might also be nice.

DO NOT TRADE for more picks. Time to draft play makers and game changers, we have plenty of the lunch pail guys.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:54 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

...Which is the reason that he sucks. He couldn't care less at this point.

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]