View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 New Miami Dolphins Nike Jerseys in 2012? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post New Miami Dolphins Nike Jerseys in 2012?
Looks pretty cool.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:21 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: New Miami Dolphins Nike Jerseys in 2012?
It's fake according to Yahoo! sports.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:26 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

ya but I still want one! that is a nice shirt for sure :)

Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
It's fake according to Yahoo! sports.

It says that right in the photo...but thank you for reiterating.

Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:05 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Not too mention horrible looking

Mon Nov 22, 2010 10:37 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

For a team that has only TWEEKed their jersey over a near 50 year history, I HIGHLY DOUBT this would happen. Lets see, the dolphin in the dolphin logo has gotten bigger. The Sun bursts have gone from a series of lines, to points, to sharper points. The Uniforms went from single outlined, to double outlined, to single shadowed, to double shadowed. The color scheme has always been Aqua accented by Orange to Aqua accented by Orange accented by Navy. Even the Orange Jerseys are an annomaly, only because they were undefeated is why they have been continued. Now that they have been defeated by those inbred Jets, I doubt they return, unless Miami hosts multiple primetime games in a season. If Miami were to alter the Jersey which they have been wearing since 96 i believe, I would assume it would be more subtle than this abomination.

If Miami alters the appearance, I guarantee they will not be going with the 2 color college look. I would assume something more to the lines of the Denver Broncos with a solid streaming down the sides. Or more like the Cardinals/Vikings with a more pronounced white aspect as opposed to infusing Orange as a primary. It would be TOO radical of a move for a storied franchise, and it would definitely earn Mr Stephen Ross a PR backlash.

3 years back, they made a big PR showing of how the Dolphin got more defined with the Navy undertones, and skinnier look. And the sun bursts became more "aggressive". While the whole alteration was extremely minor, the PR handling of the "delicate" situation was very methodical. This franchise will absolutely NOT be going the Buccanneers direction of throwing the old model out and bringing on a completely new scheme. Guarantee the white helmet stays. Maybe they will wear more Aqua on Aqua with a Orange side streamlining similar to the Hurricanes detailing. Or maybe they will go to more of a Boise State type jersey with the shoulders subtly colored by their secondary color. Either way, Miami will not go the obnoxious ugly color route of middling desperate franchises

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:36 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Someone went through a lot of trouble designing a new look; however, since most of us have been obsessed around here for years I can imagine a fan doing it for all the teams.

Some of the designs are pretty creative.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:27 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Some of those designs are just awful looking.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:01 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

No thanks, it looks like a terribly designed Hurricane jersey if you ask me. If you're going to tweak the jersey you make some minor changes to the logo and the trim, other than that you leave the major stuff alone like the colors. I'd pass on this version.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:20 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Not too mention horrible looking

That was one of the worst uniforms I've seen anywhere.

Terrible.

Helmets were the worst part. Jersey is horrendous.

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:46 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Guys, I belong to a sports logo forum and there is a section where graphic designers submit their own concepts of team uniforms and logos. I have linked a topic where this template was used for all the NFL teams. It is definately only a graphic artist's concept. There is no truth that these will be new uniforms.

I dont think the NFL would allow Nike to just trash everyone's current logo's and uniforms just to fit into Nike's Uniform template.

Enjoy!!

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=76787

Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:58 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

phinsfanmel wrote:
Guys, I belong to a sports logo forum and there is a section where graphic designers submit their own concepts of team uniforms and logos. I have linked a topic where this template was used for all the NFL teams. It is definately only a graphic artist's concept. There is no truth that these will be new uniforms.

I dont think the NFL would allow Nike to just trash everyone's current logo's and uniforms just to fit into Nike's Uniform template.

Enjoy!!

http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=76787

The Supreme Court ruled this year in a unanimous decison that the league CANNOT make unilateral decisions of exclusivity for teams and team brands. That each team is itself a separate business from the league and has the right to make its own decisions regarding their brand. For instance: right now the status quo in the league is Reebok uniforms and official game apparel. This is league wide, and was decided by the league. Some teams want to make those choices themselves. Under this new ruling, the Miami Dolphins, or any other team in the league, can sign their own contracts with sponsors and have their official wear be Nike (for instance). They no longer have to stay within strict league guidelines in terms of using their own brand. Surely the league can set certain specifications that need to be met (size specifications, dimensions, materials, etc), but teams have much more freedom when using their brand.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football ... edle_N.htm

Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:14 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

The dude almost looks like Michael Vick in the Pic!

Fri Nov 26, 2010 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]