View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:33 am



Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Dolphins received letters from teams scolding Crowder 
Author Message
Online
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8945
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Dolphins received letters from teams scolding Crowder
Quote:
The Dolphins received letters from a couple of teams scolding Crowder for trash-talking with fans and other players. Sunday's game in Oakland -- where some fans sit in ``The Black Hole'' -- ``is right up my alley,'' he said. ``They cuss me out. I cuss them out.''


http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/28/1 ... uture.html

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:25 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Dolphins received letters from teams scolding Crowder
:)


Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2436
Location: NSW, Australia
Post Re: Dolphins received letters from teams scolding Crowder
Not sure I really believe that. Confronting the opposing fans is something the NFL gives fines for, not something teams send notes to other teams about.


Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Dolphins received letters from teams scolding Crowder
Crowder is never going to change. He's always going to talk a lot of smack and he's never going to become an elite middle linebacker. Oh well, I guess A.J. Edds will get a shot to replace him next year if he's healthy.
:hithead:


Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:20 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1319
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Post Re: Dolphins received letters from teams scolding Crowder
Bryan Cox could teach Crowder a thing or two about how to get along with the other team's fans. Who remembers Bryan Cox's double bird salute to the Bills fans?????

_________________
Image


Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Dolphins received letters from teams scolding Crowder
wkloiber13 wrote:
Crowder is never going to change. He's always going to talk a lot of smack and he's never going to become an elite middle linebacker. Oh well, I guess A.J. Edds will get a shot to replace him next year if he's healthy.
:hithead:


Crowder brings something to the defense that isn't necessarily elite play. Most players are not destined to be elite, so I'm not sure why you would knock a guy for that. But he brings spirit to the defense. Look at how much we improved upon his return. Look at how Dansby et al counted down the seconds until he would return and were psyched when he did. They believe in him. Perhaps we should forget Crowder's biggest fault, that he isn't Zack Thomas, and embrace him for what he does bring to our defense.

And all his trash talk is a big part of that.

Bring it Channing. Let the F bombs fly.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:01 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Post Re: Dolphins received letters from teams scolding Crowder
eleaf wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Crowder is never going to change. He's always going to talk a lot of smack and he's never going to become an elite middle linebacker. Oh well, I guess A.J. Edds will get a shot to replace him next year if he's healthy.
:hithead:


Crowder brings something to the defense that isn't necessarily elite play. Most players are not destined to be elite, so I'm not sure why you would knock a guy for that. But he brings spirit to the defense. Look at how much we improved upon his return. Look at how Dansby et al counted down the seconds until he would return and were psyched when he did. They believe in him. Perhaps we should forget Crowder's biggest fault, that he isn't Zack Thomas, and embrace him for what he does bring to our defense.

And all his trash talk is a big part of that.

Bring it Channing. Let the F bombs fly.


I remember another loud trash talking linebacker we used to have. Well, he lost his job to Cameron Wake this year. Expect the same thing for Crowder if he doesn't outplay Edds next year.


Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:38 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Dolphins received letters from teams scolding Crowder
wkloiber13 wrote:
eleaf wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Crowder is never going to change. He's always going to talk a lot of smack and he's never going to become an elite middle linebacker. Oh well, I guess A.J. Edds will get a shot to replace him next year if he's healthy.
:hithead:


Crowder brings something to the defense that isn't necessarily elite play. Most players are not destined to be elite, so I'm not sure why you would knock a guy for that. But he brings spirit to the defense. Look at how much we improved upon his return. Look at how Dansby et al counted down the seconds until he would return and were psyched when he did. They believe in him. Perhaps we should forget Crowder's biggest fault, that he isn't Zack Thomas, and embrace him for what he does bring to our defense.

And all his trash talk is a big part of that.

Bring it Channing. Let the F bombs fly.


I remember another loud trash talking linebacker we used to have. Well, he lost his job to Cameron Wake this year. Expect the same thing for Crowder if he doesn't outplay Edds next year.


Uh, no.

They know what they're getting with CC, and they just signed him to an extension. Surely he'll be replaced if someone comes along who is clearly superior, but he won't get removed because of his trash talk. Even Sparano commends him for what his mouth brings to both the defense and the locker room.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:43 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Dolphins received letters from teams scolding Crowder
eleaf wrote:
and they just signed him to an extension..


They also signed Camarillo to an extension. They also signed a myriad of players that didn't pan out. Just because they make a deal with a guy doesn't mean he won't get the shaft.

Not saying they'll let him go because of trash talk, just saying that his resigning means nothing.

_________________
Image


Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:54 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:49 am
Posts: 4144
Location: The Bluegrass
Post Re: Dolphins received letters from teams scolding Crowder
Iowafin wrote:
eleaf wrote:
and they just signed him to an extension..


They also signed Camarillo to an extension. They also signed a myriad of players that didn't pan out. Just because they make a deal with a guy doesn't mean he won't get the shaft.

Not saying they'll let him go because of trash talk, just saying that his resigning means nothing.


That's true, but Cam was sent away because of at least 2 reasons:

1) His skill set wasn't unique; we have other guys who can do what he does (they're also younger and probably cheaper).

2) We are pretty flush at receiver right now. He was our #4 guy, despite the fact that he has hands of glue and doesn't drop anything.

Channing Crowder is both our starter and a leader. Cam was neither of those. He's not going anywhere unless/until they get someone who is clearly better than CC.

_________________
A good RB is nice, a good QB even better, but it's best to be able to stop someone first.


Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:05 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Dave, Google [Bot], pauspe and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.