View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 The holding going on against Wake 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post The holding going on against Wake
You know, I isolated several plays on the Tivo where Wake was completely turned around by the OL guy simply grabbing him and spinning him around. Even on the sack his jersey stretched about a foot away from his body. I'm not sure why this isn't being called. Especially when they called that lame holding penalty on the reverse that almost scored. I just don't get why this isn't called more. I mean a pathetic RT like Chicagos holds every play, gets nabbed for only 3 calls and overall you'd have to say that's pretty good considering he played like 60 snaps. So essentially he got away with 20 or so holds with no call. Miami gets no slack in this arena so it bothers me that teams can just hold Wake and get away with it.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:53 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: The holding going on against Wake
NFLJunkie wrote:
You know, I isolated several plays on the Tivo where Wake was completely turned around by the OL guy simply grabbing him and spinning him around. Even on the sack his jersey stretched about a foot away from his body. I'm not sure why this isn't being called. Especially when they called that lame holding penalty on the reverse that almost scored. I just don't get why this isn't called more. I mean a pathetic RT like Chicagos holds every play, gets nabbed for only 3 calls and overall you'd have to say that's pretty good considering he played like 60 snaps. So essentially he got away with 20 or so holds with no call. Miami gets no slack in this arena so it bothers me that teams can just hold Wake and get away with it.

Give Wake another year of being dominant, and you'll start seeing all manner of holds called.

The old adage is that there is holding on every play. It's a matter of how egregious.

I wouldn't sweat it.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:16 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: The holding going on against Wake
eleaf wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:

Give Wake another year of being dominant, and you'll start seeing all manner of holds called.

The old adage is that there is holding on every play. It's a matter of how egregious.

I wouldn't sweat it.

I agree, once Wake racks up 10+ sacks for a season or two, maybe makes the pro bowl once or twice, you'll see him get more calls. I too saw a lot of holding on Wake today, it will stop once he's a little more established in the league.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]