View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Rich: Dolphins 33, Raiders 17 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly) 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Rich: Dolphins 33, Raiders 17 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Rich wrote:
The Good

I was ripping the Dolphins rush defense this morning on the radio show. Obviously they wanted to prove me wrong and boy did they. Holding the 2nd ranked rush offense in the league to 16 rushing yards. The defense played well overall, holding the Raiders to 10 offensive points and 263 total yards. Cameron Wake had his 10th sack of the season. Chris Clemons caught his first career interception and should have had two. His ball skills seem to be improving.

The offense exploded today, putting up 33 points and 471 yards. The wide receivers had 262 yards receiving and the running backs had 182 yards rushing. Incredible output from a usually struggling offense. Marlon Moore caught his first touchdown, a 57-yard catch and run from Henne.

Chad Henne had a top notch day, going 17 for 30 for 307 yards and 2 TDs. He did throw one interception.

The Bad

The special teams unit allowed a touchdown on the opening kickoff. They tightened things up later, but still, a concerning sign for a unit that has struggled all year.

Dan Carpenter had one of his worst outings, missing two fields goals and not getting enough under the ball under some kickoffs. However, the field goal attempts he missed were from longer distances.

The Ugly

There were a few things to clean up, such as Chad Henne's interception and ineffective running plays early on on offense, as well as some missed tackles on defense, but very few ugly plays when your team goes on the road and wins by 16.

Go Dolphins!

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:50 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Re: Rich: Dolphins 33, Raiders 17 (The Good, Bad, & Ugly)
Big Dave wrote:
Chad Henne had a top notch day, going 17 for 30 for 307 yards and 2 TDs. He did throw one interception.

It was good to see the Dolphins stand behind Henne and give him great support. For once, he passed for 300 yards and the Dolphins WON. One of the guys in the chat room joked saying that we were going to lose now that Henne has thrown for 300 yards.

I don't think even Henne understood why he threw that interception. It even caused Sparano to spit out an F-bomb and tell him that he needs to throw those balls away. Later on Henne actually threw it away when noone was open. I think that interception is a clear indication to EVERYONE that Henne is still a young quarterback who is going to make mistakes. Every game he continues to show that he has all the physical tools to be our starting quarterback. Mentally he is getting there.

One thing that I liked to see is Thigpen being used in the game. I know Rich did not like the Wild Pat, but I felt that when we traded for Thigpen that he could run what the Dolphins wanted Pat White to do. Why not utilize Thigpen's talents coming off the bench a couple plays a game? His appearance may have just been to give Henne a rest for a few plays.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:59 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]