View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:40 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Dolphins Wrap: Miami keeps playoff hopes on life support 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins Wrap: Miami keeps playoff hopes on life support
Quote:
by: Omar Kelly November 29th, 2010 | 10:12 AM

The Miami Dolphins put together a season saving performance in Sunday’s 33-17 win over Oakland, proving more proof that Tony Sparano still has a firm grip on his locker room.

Tony Sparano still has a tight grip on his players.
While earning one of the two AFC Wild Card spots remains a super long shot considering all the team’s that are ahead of the Dolphins, Sparano’s team’s still alive. They are on life support, but the heart’s still beating courtesy of the team’s most complete game of the season.
“We came close to excellence in all three phases of the game and had guys coming off injuries, and guys playing through injuries and it was an overall quality team win,” said receiver Brian Hartline. “We fought through adversity.”
I find it kind of ironic that the Dolphins played their best game without Brandon Marshall, who is nursing a serious hamstring sprain, and somewhat without Karlos Dansby, who only played exclusivly in the nickel package because of a turf toe injury he’s been nursing, and a left wrist injury he suffered last week.
Still, the passing game was popping, and the defense held the NFL’s second best rushing attack to 16 yards.

“The whole defense played one hell of a game. We helped the offense out today doing exactly what they needed us to do,” Dansby said. “We controlled the clock, giving them more opportunities. That’s exactly how we’re going to win the next five ball games. That’s our mindset.”

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:46 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins Wrap: Miami keeps playoff hopes on life support
3 plays.
Special Teams: Gave up return touchdown
Offense: Henne's dumb interception
Defense: Ford's long touchdown

Outside of those three plays...Miami absolutely dominated this game. They played very well against Tennessee as well. That's two games out of three that they have looked like an elite football team, and Chicago ALMOST doesn't count because of all the injuries.

I don't see Miami winning out being an improbability at all.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:08 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Iowafin wrote:

I don't see Miami winning out being an improbability at all.

I do. The Jets are just flat out lucky and skilled at the same time, thats dangerous. The Pats are really just that well coached.

Those two games in hostel environments are tough to just call wins for me, not just because we beat the Raiders on Sunday...

I will be a bit upset at 9-7, as I think we should have won a couple games we lost, but I will be content with 10-6. Those were actually the realistic finishes I had in mind...

The NE game & the Pitt game will go in my memory this year like NO & Indy last year...

Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:48 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

STs against NE and Pittsburgh loss (blown call) really cost us the playoffs. More reason for the NFL to tighten up the darn refs.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]