View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 We finally started utilizing Cobbs again in the passing game 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post We finally started utilizing Cobbs again in the passing game
we always do well when he's involved in the gameplan. Like the year we went 11-5

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:36 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: We finally started utilizing Cobbs again in the passing game
I like Cobbs and he first showed up against Tennessee, then wasn't targetted against Chicago. So yes...good to see him active again.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:36 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

NFLJunkie wrote:
I like Cobbs and he first showed up against Tennessee, then wasn't targetted against Chicago. So yes...good to see him active again.

wins seem to happen when he makes a big play.
To me, he is the unkown in this offense, the guy nobody accounts for

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:24 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

It always seems like Cobbs gets utilized when we are winning the TOP in a game. He emerges in the 3rd quarter and kinda takes over for a series. I dont know if this is a game planning issue, or if it is a fatigue issue. Cobbs emerges late, and like I said, basically when we have the TOP in our favor. Its nice to have 3 active backs in the attack, the problem is, alot of times we dont have the ball long enough to bring both ricky and ronnie out to let cobb touch the field. Put your best players on the field, if Ricky and Ronnie are only out there for 25 snaps a piece, Cobbs should never see the field, sorry. Otherwise, Cobbs is a threat, and they should find more motion packages and/or dual HB sets that would allow him to come in as a outlet threat. Either way, this is not his role, because he appears to be a spell back for both Ricky and Ronnie.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:34 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

SkyHigh314 wrote:
It always seems like Cobbs gets utilized when we are winning the TOP in a game. He emerges in the 3rd quarter and kinda takes over for a series. I dont know if this is a game planning issue, or if it is a fatigue issue. Cobbs emerges late, and like I said, basically when we have the TOP in our favor. Its nice to have 3 active backs in the attack, the problem is, alot of times we dont have the ball long enough to bring both ricky and ronnie out to let cobb touch the field. Put your best players on the field, if Ricky and Ronnie are only out there for 25 snaps a piece, Cobbs should never see the field, sorry. Otherwise, Cobbs is a threat, and they should find more motion packages and/or dual HB sets that would allow him to come in as a outlet threat. Either way, this is not his role, because he appears to be a spell back for both Ricky and Ronnie.

like I said, he is great in that x-factor role. Coming out of the backfield on misdirection plays.
I like him downfield on flea flickers

Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]