View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Dolphins Rewind: Tony Sparano puts away the tough guy act, 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Dolphins Rewind: Tony Sparano puts away the tough guy act,
Quote:
by Ben Volin
Tony Sparano didn’t need a Ph.D in psychology to realize his team was down in the dumps after its 16-0 nationally-televised loss to the Bears 12 days ago.

So Sparano temporarily put aside his tough guy act last week and let his hair down, so to speak.

Tony Sparano and his players were loose and fun preparing for the Raiders game, and it paid off / Allen Eyestone, Post staff

“We spent a lot of time this week just really talking about getting back to having some fun,” Sparano said Monday. “Sometimes you got to challenge them a little bit that way, and I did that towards the end of the week and just said, ‘Listen, I mean there’s no law that says that these college guys are the only people that can have fun, and that when you graduate from college to the National Football League the fun meter runs out.’ So, I think you can have a little bit of fun and play with a little bit of passion and I thought those guys — it was contagious yesterday I thought on the sideline.”

Sparano and his players wouldn’t get specific about what he did to allow his team to have fun, but Ronnie Brown said the tactic worked to help the team prepare for the 33-17 win over Oakland.

“We enjoyed it, had a lot of enthusiasm,” Brown said.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... he-season/

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:38 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Dolphins Rewind: Tony Sparano puts away the tough guy act,
Even Tuna has a soft side. Tony is the same. I like the guy. Wish he could do a little more with the staff.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]