View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Miami Dolphins Up Next: Cleveland Browns 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Miami Dolphins Up Next: Cleveland Browns
Quote:
Peyton Hillis a one-man gang as Dolphins aim to get back to two games over .500

When: Sunday, 1 p.m., CBS

Matchup Dolphins should exploit: The Browns' passing game. ...
Delhomme has thrown just one touchdown pass against six interceptions in 2010. McCoy, who has been aided by his ability to make plays on the move (something that has hurt the Dolphins), figures to have his mobility limited if he returns Sunday.

Matchup that should concern Dolphins: It's very simple. Running back Peyton Hillis is the Browns' single threat, combining speed and power and a keen ability to catch passes. In the four games since the Browns' off week, Hillis has piled up 666 of his 1,319 total yards, averaging 55 yards receiving in those games. If the Dolphins hold him under 100 yards, the path is paved for a victory.

Overall: While the Dolphins are 1-4 at home, their major struggles have come in night games, going 0-3 while scoring 12.3 points a game and allowing 29.3. … Ex-Dolphin Matt Roth is tied for second on the Browns with 3.5 sacks. …

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:42 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Miami Dolphins Up Next: Cleveland Browns
Well....the team just held the 2nd ranked rushing attack to less than 20 yards, so you would think they should be able to hold Hillis down. Guess it depends on which Phin's team shows up for the game....unfortunately, home games are not good for the Dolphins.

I am more worried about Colt McCoy returning as the Browns' QB. They do have receivers who can make big plays....provided their QB gets time to make the play....and Colt can do that with his feet. If McCoy plays, then I hope the defensive game plan will feature plenty of exotic looks and blitzes to take advantage of a rookie QB. You would think that if Delhomme plays, he will get sacked and pressured quite a bit with Wake leading the charge...he is not mobile.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The defense dominated outside of the Ford touchdown. I'm not sure why...was Oakland off? Was Miami on? Poor play calling for Oakland? Great play calling for Miami?

I don't know...I just want them to continue it.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:25 pm
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Iowafin wrote:
The defense dominated outside of the Ford touchdown. I'm not sure why...was Oakland off? Was Miami on? Poor play calling for Oakland? Great play calling for Miami?

I don't know...I just want them to continue it.

Don't think the Raiders did their homework and forgot to see who ran the Dolphins D....LOL

Quote:
Channing Crowder said most of the credit goes to defensive coordinator Mike Nolan, who faced the Raiders twice last year when he held the same capacity with the Broncos.

“Mike Nolan called a helluva game,” Crowder said. “Every time they ran the ball strong, he had a strong-side blitz. Every time they ran the ball weak, we had a weak-side blitz. Mike Nolan had something on them, and he took advantage of it.”

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... he-season/

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:44 pm
Profile YIM
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

The Dolphins have had success against teams who's quarterbacks were not 100% or had a band aid in place. I think the Dolphins will do well against Cleveland. Since this is the NFL, though, you never know who is going to rise up on a certain week.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:52 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]