View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Vontae Davis & Sean Smith have been reporting late to meetin 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Young cornerbacks respond well to benching
Quote:
OAKLAND — Second-year cornerbacks Sean Smith and Vontae Davis were benched for the opening series Sunday due to an undisclosed violation of team rules.

Rookie Nolan Carroll and Benny Sapp started in their place.

"You definitely want to start all the time, especially a game like this, in a game of this magnitude," Smith said. "It happened. You have to support your teammates as much as you can and whenever you get out there make the most of the opportunity."

Dolphins coach Tony Sparano said he liked the way both Smith and Davis responded to their benching.

Davis finished with five tackles, second on the team, but he also missed a tackle that led to a 29-yard reception for Louis Murphy on Davis' first play on defense.

"We came in and dominated, in my opinion," Smith said. "I feel we came in and did exactly what we needed to do in this game."

Dansby hurting

Dolphins inside linebacker Karlos Dansby, already bothered in recent weeks by toe and ankle injuries, was limited Sunday by a left wrist issue.

That forced backup Tim Dobbins to take on most of the load in the base defense, with Dansby coming in on obvious passing downs. Dobbins finished with a team-high six tackles, while Dansby had a season-low two tackles, one in the final 56 minutes.

"Really impressed with what Tim did," Sparano said. "That wasn't something we knew really until late, but Tim stepped in there and did a good job.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... ?track=rss

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:03 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Young cornerbacks respond well to benching
Benny Sapp needs to learn to control his emotion on the field. The guy talks way too much for as little game as he has. I would have MUCH rather kept Allen and cut Sapp.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:06 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Sparano benched Vontae Davis and Sean Smith to start game
Quote:
Dolphins LCB Vontae Davis and RCB Sean Smith were both benched for the start of Sunday's game for a reason coach Tony Sparano wouldn't disclose.

"That was my decision," Sparano said. "They handled it the way I would expect them to handle it." Benny Sapp and Nolan Carroll filled in briefly during the first quarter before Davis and Smith resumed their starting roles. Whatever the infraction was, it appears it wasn't a major deal.

www.rotoworld.com

Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:26 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Young cornerbacks respond well to benching
Quote:
Report: Vontae Davis, Sean Smith benched for being late to team meetings
Miami Dolphins cornerbacks Sean Smith and Vontae Davis were benched for the opening series Sunday for being late to a team meeting, according to Orlando Alzugaray, WFTL-640 3-7 p.m. sports radio host.

Alzugaray said a source told him it was at least the third time the second-year players were guilty of the infraction, and that they also were fined for conduct detrimental to the team.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:35 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Vontae Davis & Sean Smith have been reporting late to meetin
:boo:

Quote:
Report: Vontae Davis, Sean Smith benched for being late to team meetings
Miami Dolphins cornerbacks Sean Smith and Vontae Davis were benched for the opening series Sunday for being late to a team meeting, according to Orlando Alzugaray, WFTL-640 3-7 p.m. sports radio host.

Alzugaray said a source told him it was at least the third time the second-year players were guilty of the infraction, and that they also were fined for conduct detrimental to the team.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:58 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Vontae Davis & Sean Smith have been reporting late to meetin
I knew I saw Carroll in there on the first drive.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]