View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Coach Sparano puts the emphasis on "fun" 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Coach Sparano puts the emphasis on "fun"
One way to have fun is to win, but I agree with Coach Sparano. I'm not sure if I want to be stuck at a job that I did not enjoy and wasn't able to make people laugh.

David J Neal wrote:
``We spent a lot of time this week just really talking about getting back to having some fun,'' Sparano said. ``We tried to take a different approach with the guys this week a little bit that way. Sometimes you got to challenge them a little bit that way and I did that towards the end of the week and just said, `Listen, there's no law that says that these college guys are the only people that can have fun and that when you graduate from college to the National Football League the fun meter runs out.'

``I thought it was contagious [Sunday] on the sideline.''

And it spilled over to the field, whether it was Davone Bess running about on punt returns like a child playing Kill The Man in the park or Patrick Cobbs gleefully scurrying toward the bench after his first-quarter touchdown catch.

Now, it's a matter if the Dolphins can bring that extra hop in the step to Sunday's home game against Cleveland. Consistency is the Sasquatch of the Dolphins' locker room -- often talked about, rarely seen.

``To forget about playing with passion or any of those things, there is no excuse for that,'' Sparano said. ``I mean that's your job -- it's our job to get you ready to play the game, it's your job to bring the emotion and the enthusiasm necessary.''

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/30/1 ... g-fun.html

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]