View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:44 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Channing Crowder being a leader 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Channing Crowder being a leader
Crowder is well-liked on this team. If you think of a player who really enjoys the game and playing with his teammates you have to think of Crowder.

David J Neal wrote:
Even in the worst of times, you don't see the obvious backbiting among the players that has become common among some other teams that annually see results fall short of dreams.

``It's a close-knit team,'' linebacker Channing Crowder said. ``[When practice squad linebacker] Micah [Johnson] came, I told him to come to my house and just hang out. He was kind of surprised by it.''

Crowder believes team leaders and/or longtime Dolphins such as himself, running back Ronnie Brown, left tackle Jake Long and linebacker Karlos Dansby tend to set a tone that doesn't allow for factions to form.

``We're so cool and laid back and embrace everybody that it's never like a [Terrell Owens] type thing or I've heard Ben Roethlisberger's like him'' -- Crowder put his right hand up around his head -- ``and then the team'' -- Crowder put his left hand around his neck.

Sparano concurs somewhat, putting it as ``not a lot of people in that locker room have a different plan.''

``I told them the other day I've only coached two groups, two teams in my career that have been as resilient, really one other team that's been as resilient as this football team,'' Sparano said. ``This team, not last year or the year before, this team right here. They just kind of won't go away and they stay together even when it gets really hard. Their focus and their concentration and their work ethic in practice all stays the same so my hat's off to them. They do a good job that way. Now, we've got to find a way to do it two weeks in a row.'

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/30/1 ... g-fun.html

Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:07 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Re: Channing Crowder being a leader
You'd think all this lovey-dovey hangin' out would lead to more consistency. Leadership is more than putting a good face on losing.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:39 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Channing Crowder being a leader
I just cannot buy anything when it comes tp Crowder.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]