View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:02 pm



Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line 
Author Message
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8939
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
I am missing last year's offensive line. This one pales in comparison.

Armando Salguero wrote:
OFFENSIVE LINE | B-

The line struggled with some false-start penalties and yielded three sacks on a quarterback who really didn't need to get beaten up. There was also a struggle of blocking the eight men the Raiders typically put in the box to stop the run. But all that taken into account, the unit had its best day.


http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/28/1 ... ns-vs.html

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
A commitment to the running game and Davone Bess bailing them out on 3rd down when it didn't work on 1st and 2nd downs makes the offensive line look pretty good.

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 am
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5879
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
Are you kidding me. 8-9 man fronts, sometimes 10, multiple all out blitzes .... Miami's OL was freakin awesome. The Raider's Front 4 as a group could be the best pass rushing unit in the league. Give me a break.


Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:37 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 6290
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
they've done an excellent job all year pass blocking.
They just haven't gotten much push in the run game.


Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:16 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
NFLJunkie wrote:
Are you kidding me. 8-9 man fronts, sometimes 10, multiple all out blitzes .... Miami's OL was freakin awesome. The Raider's Front 4 as a group could be the best pass rushing unit in the league. Give me a break.


Least informed post of the year?

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
He's right Iowa. Oakland ranks #2 in sacks in NFL. Only SD has more (1 more). It's their LBs and secondary that can't hang.

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
Ski_Money wrote:
He's right Iowa. Oakland ranks #2 in sacks in NFL. Only SD has more (1 more). It's their LBs and secondary that can't hang.


Miami was in the top 10 in sacks last year too. Would you have considered them the best passing rushing unit in the league?

When the Giants front four dominated, they had no one in the secondary and yet they shut down the elite Patriots passing game. Why? Because their front four was the best in the league.

They are 27th in the league in pass defense. Best front four in the league? Give me a break. Kameron Wimbley has 4.5 of those sacks, and the their starting two safeties have 3 sacks a piece. That's 10.5 sacks coming from outside the front four....

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:39 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:45 pm
Posts: 33
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
He's right Iowa. Oakland ranks #2 in sacks in NFL. Only SD has more (1 more). It's their LBs and secondary that can't hang.


Miami was in the top 10 in sacks last year too. Would you have considered them the best passing rushing unit in the league?

When the Giants front four dominated, they had no one in the secondary and yet they shut down the elite Patriots passing game. Why? Because their front four was the best in the league.

They are 27th in the league in pass defense. Best front four in the league? Give me a break. Kameron Wimbley has 4.5 of those sacks, and the their starting two safeties have 3 sacks a piece. That's 10.5 sacks coming from outside the front four....

Hit the link. This is updated weekly, as or right now, overall, Oakland is ranked 5th in the league in overall pass defense. Rush defense they are ranked 28th overall now, thats the second link.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go


Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:50 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
iowa put in his place!!

:yay: RicoSuave, welcome to the boards. You're fitting right in.



:ann0y:


Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:53 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:45 pm
Posts: 33
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
Not intended to get down on anyone but I use those stats a lot. People can re arange them to whatever they feel. I leave them alone and it clearly shows, overall, Oakland is 5th in the league, overall. Thanks for having me.


Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:57 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
RicoSuave wrote:
Not intended to get down on anyone but I use those stats a lot. People can re arange them to whatever they feel. I leave them alone and it clearly shows, overall, Oakland is 5th in the league, overall. Thanks for having me.


Lol I was just messin with iowa.

Good to have you. Please feel free to team up with me on Rich. I'll be the punk, and you'll be the stat guy to back me up. :yay:


Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:35 pm
Posts: 3412
Location: Charleston AFB, SC
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
You'll fit right in no worries. People throw numbers around here like crazy. Every single thread that starts with "what about" and "who" always ends up with some random arse numbers getting thrown at them in the 1st reply lol.

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:08 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
RicoSuave wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
He's right Iowa. Oakland ranks #2 in sacks in NFL. Only SD has more (1 more). It's their LBs and secondary that can't hang.


Miami was in the top 10 in sacks last year too. Would you have considered them the best passing rushing unit in the league?

When the Giants front four dominated, they had no one in the secondary and yet they shut down the elite Patriots passing game. Why? Because their front four was the best in the league.

They are 27th in the league in pass defense. Best front four in the league? Give me a break. Kameron Wimbley has 4.5 of those sacks, and the their starting two safeties have 3 sacks a piece. That's 10.5 sacks coming from outside the front four....

Hit the link. This is updated weekly, as or right now, overall, Oakland is ranked 5th in the league in overall pass defense. Rush defense they are ranked 28th overall now, thats the second link.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go


Yeah that's my bad on the 27th in passing...I was looking at offensive yards per game. But I still stand on the front four not being the best pass rushing team.

If teams can run it on you, why pass it?

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
Phins Rock wrote:
RicoSuave wrote:
Not intended to get down on anyone but I use those stats a lot. People can re arange them to whatever they feel. I leave them alone and it clearly shows, overall, Oakland is 5th in the league, overall. Thanks for having me.


Lol I was just messin with iowa.

Good to have you. Please feel free to team up with me on Rich. I'll be the punk, and you'll be the stat guy to back me up. :yay:


Lol..yeah considering you never use stats...or facts. :fart:

_________________
Image


Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:45 pm
Posts: 33
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
I agree, their front 4 is far from the top rated but what they do have in Oakland, is a rotation of SUPER BIG NT types that play DT. They attempt to wear the offense down. Thats where I give our guys credit, we wore the pissss out of them.

We should do the same thing Sunday, run it, run it, run it then run it some more. Control the clock, keep Hillis off the field and run it some more. I personally do not care if its 3 4 or 7 yarders, pound it and shove it down their throats then line up and do it again. Sooner , rather then later, we will start popping some nice runs Sunday.


Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 pm
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8939
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
Phins Rock wrote:
Good to have you. Please feel free to team up with me on Rich. I'll be the punk, and you'll be the stat guy to back me up. :yay:


He'll have to fabricate the stats to back you up, JP.

:ann0y:

J/K


.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:39 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5879
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:
He's right Iowa. Oakland ranks #2 in sacks in NFL. Only SD has more (1 more). It's their LBs and secondary that can't hang.


Miami was in the top 10 in sacks last year too. Would you have considered them the best passing rushing unit in the league?

When the Giants front four dominated, they had no one in the secondary and yet they shut down the elite Patriots passing game. Why? Because their front four was the best in the league.

They are 27th in the league in pass defense. Best front four in the league? Give me a break. Kameron Wimbley has 4.5 of those sacks, and the their starting two safeties have 3 sacks a piece. That's 10.5 sacks coming from outside the front four....


Yes don't let facts get in the way of your post there Iowa. Wimbley is part of their front 4 albeit from the OLB position. Each member of that front has roughly 5 sacks and as a group they get after the passer better than most. So berating the OL for giving up 3 sacks is just silly.


Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:32 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5879
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
Quote:
If teams can run it on you, why pass it


If someone slams your argument with facts, don't admit you're wrong simply shift the argument. The B minus wasn't given to the Dolphins OL because they couldn't run the ball although the author might have had a case had he based it on YPC. He didn't. Instead he based it on the sacks given up. I simply stated that going against one of the best pass rushing teams in the NFL, the OL should be cut some slack. Need I remind you of your retort? :hithead:


Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:37 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am
Posts: 1318
Location: Lakeland, Fl
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
I think the O-line did a great job pass blocking. Especially against the 8 to 10 man fronts. But Miami has struggled to run the ball this year. Honestly Ronnie and Ricky haven't had the year rushing the ball that I had hoped for.

_________________
Image


Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
Big Dave wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
Good to have you. Please feel free to team up with me on Rich. I'll be the punk, and you'll be the stat guy to back me up. :yay:


He'll have to fabricate the stats to back you up, JP.

:ann0y:

J/K


.


LOL. Better than the 0 facts I usually bring to the table. :)


Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:29 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pauspe and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.