View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
 Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
I am missing last year's offensive line. This one pales in comparison.

Armando Salguero wrote:
OFFENSIVE LINE | B-

The line struggled with some false-start penalties and yielded three sacks on a quarterback who really didn't need to get beaten up. There was also a struggle of blocking the eight men the Raiders typically put in the box to stop the run. But all that taken into account, the unit had its best day.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/28/1 ... ns-vs.html

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:59 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Grading the Dolphins Offensive Line
A commitment to the running game and Davone Bess bailing them out on 3rd down when it didn't work on 1st and 2nd downs makes the offensive line look pretty good.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Are you kidding me. 8-9 man fronts, sometimes 10, multiple all out blitzes .... Miami's OL was freakin awesome. The Raider's Front 4 as a group could be the best pass rushing unit in the league. Give me a break.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

they've done an excellent job all year pass blocking.
They just haven't gotten much push in the run game.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:16 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Are you kidding me. 8-9 man fronts, sometimes 10, multiple all out blitzes .... Miami's OL was freakin awesome. The Raider's Front 4 as a group could be the best pass rushing unit in the league. Give me a break.

Least informed post of the year?

Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He's right Iowa. Oakland ranks #2 in sacks in NFL. Only SD has more (1 more). It's their LBs and secondary that can't hang.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Ski_Money wrote:
He's right Iowa. Oakland ranks #2 in sacks in NFL. Only SD has more (1 more). It's their LBs and secondary that can't hang.

Miami was in the top 10 in sacks last year too. Would you have considered them the best passing rushing unit in the league?

When the Giants front four dominated, they had no one in the secondary and yet they shut down the elite Patriots passing game. Why? Because their front four was the best in the league.

They are 27th in the league in pass defense. Best front four in the league? Give me a break. Kameron Wimbley has 4.5 of those sacks, and the their starting two safeties have 3 sacks a piece. That's 10.5 sacks coming from outside the front four....

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:39 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

Miami was in the top 10 in sacks last year too. Would you have considered them the best passing rushing unit in the league?

When the Giants front four dominated, they had no one in the secondary and yet they shut down the elite Patriots passing game. Why? Because their front four was the best in the league.

They are 27th in the league in pass defense. Best front four in the league? Give me a break. Kameron Wimbley has 4.5 of those sacks, and the their starting two safeties have 3 sacks a piece. That's 10.5 sacks coming from outside the front four....

Hit the link. This is updated weekly, as or right now, overall, Oakland is ranked 5th in the league in overall pass defense. Rush defense they are ranked 28th overall now, thats the second link.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats? ... &Submit=Go

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:50 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

iowa put in his place!!

:yay: RicoSuave, welcome to the boards. You're fitting right in.

:ann0y:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:53 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Not intended to get down on anyone but I use those stats a lot. People can re arange them to whatever they feel. I leave them alone and it clearly shows, overall, Oakland is 5th in the league, overall. Thanks for having me.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:57 pm

RicoSuave wrote:
Not intended to get down on anyone but I use those stats a lot. People can re arange them to whatever they feel. I leave them alone and it clearly shows, overall, Oakland is 5th in the league, overall. Thanks for having me.

Lol I was just messin with iowa.

Good to have you. Please feel free to team up with me on Rich. I'll be the punk, and you'll be the stat guy to back me up. :yay:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

You'll fit right in no worries. People throw numbers around here like crazy. Every single thread that starts with "what about" and "who" always ends up with some random arse numbers getting thrown at them in the 1st reply lol.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:08 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

RicoSuave wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

Hit the link. This is updated weekly, as or right now, overall, Oakland is ranked 5th in the league in overall pass defense. Rush defense they are ranked 28th overall now, thats the second link.

Yeah that's my bad on the 27th in passing...I was looking at offensive yards per game. But I still stand on the front four not being the best pass rushing team.

If teams can run it on you, why pass it?

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:23 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
RicoSuave wrote:

Lol I was just messin with iowa.

Good to have you. Please feel free to team up with me on Rich. I'll be the punk, and you'll be the stat guy to back me up. :yay:

Lol..yeah considering you never use stats...or facts. :fart:

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:24 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I agree, their front 4 is far from the top rated but what they do have in Oakland, is a rotation of SUPER BIG NT types that play DT. They attempt to wear the offense down. Thats where I give our guys credit, we wore the pissss out of them.

We should do the same thing Sunday, run it, run it, run it then run it some more. Control the clock, keep Hillis off the field and run it some more. I personally do not care if its 3 4 or 7 yarders, pound it and shove it down their throats then line up and do it again. Sooner , rather then later, we will start popping some nice runs Sunday.

Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:26 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phins Rock wrote:

He'll have to fabricate the stats to back you up, JP.

J/K

Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:39 am
Profile WWW

Iowafin wrote:
Ski_Money wrote:

Yes don't let facts get in the way of your post there Iowa. Wimbley is part of their front 4 albeit from the OLB position. Each member of that front has roughly 5 sacks and as a group they get after the passer better than most. So berating the OL for giving up 3 sacks is just silly.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Quote:
If teams can run it on you, why pass it

If someone slams your argument with facts, don't admit you're wrong simply shift the argument. The B minus wasn't given to the Dolphins OL because they couldn't run the ball although the author might have had a case had he based it on YPC. He didn't. Instead he based it on the sacks given up. I simply stated that going against one of the best pass rushing teams in the NFL, the OL should be cut some slack. Need I remind you of your retort? :hithead:

Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:37 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

I think the O-line did a great job pass blocking. Especially against the 8 to 10 man fronts. But Miami has struggled to run the ball this year. Honestly Ronnie and Ricky haven't had the year rushing the ball that I had hoped for.

Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Big Dave wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

He'll have to fabricate the stats to back you up, JP.

J/K

LOL. Better than the 0 facts I usually bring to the table. :)

Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]