View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:11 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Brandon Marshall eager to take game to another level 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Brandon Marshall eager to take game to another level
Quote:

``I've been too boring this year,'' Marshall laughed. ``I mean, I've only got one touchdown, but if I get in the end zone, I need to do some celebrations and some dances or something. You know, do something!''

``He did a little bit more [Thursday] -- a little bit better than [Wednesday],'' coach Tony Sparano said. ``We'll see where he is [Friday].''

Say this for Marshall: He isn't babying this injury.

Marshall has been working all hours to rehabilitate his strained hamstring, an injury that requires constant and delicate attention. Sparano said Marshall has given his injury just that, even letting trainers into his home at night to get him ready.

``He's a bulldog when it comes to treating these injuries, he really is,'' Sparano said. ``I mean, this guy's car is here before mine in the morning.''

That's especially encouraging considering the type of injury Marshall is dealing with. It is often a tendency to be very hesitant -- sometimes overly hesitant -- about coming back from something like this.

Much of this can be attributed to Marshall's competitive spirit, which is no surprise to anyone in Miami. But he still knows he can only take that spirit so far. For instance, the penalty called against him for tossing a football at Bears quarterback Jay Cutler (Marshall's close friend) crossed that line.

``I was in my own little world, and it actually hurt our offense that drive and that wasn't smart,'' Marshall said. ``I'm going to push the envelope a little bit, but that's just bad when you get a penalty and you stall drives.

``I've been thinking of other ways I can push the envelope without getting fined or getting some penalties thrown, flags thrown.''

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/03/1 ... z171dhvS7X

Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:57 am
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Re: Brandon Marshall eager to take game to another level
Actually catching more of the balls thrown his way would be a great start. I hope he doesn't start pressing and making demands for more throws his way.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:51 am
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

What? Is he suddenly going to put team before self? :embarrassed:

Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:42 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

NFLJunkie wrote:
What? Is he suddenly going to put team before self? :embarrassed:

Funny how at the beginning of the season everyone was praising Marshall's team work, mostly his down the field blocking. After he gets a little over passionate he suddenly isn't a team player and is being selfish.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:07 pm

How is that funny. Brandon changed his team attitude and my attitude toward him has changed. Pretty simple.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:05 pm
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

As long as "taking it to the next level" means not throwing the ball out of bounds after the play, I'm game.

Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]