View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:59 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ] 
 Ross needs to clean house... 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Post Ross needs to clean house...
If I were him I would fire the entire staff this off season. The play calling and QB play are horrible. We are a joke right now. Hire Gruden and start over!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:58 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Re: Ross needs to clean house...
Not sure about cleaning house, but Henning will be gone and that will make a big difference. Sparano is on a short leash as far as Im concerned as well. Henne needs to be pushed or replaced by a younger qb.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:59 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

OhioZonk39 wrote:
If I were him I would fire the entire staff this off season. The play calling and QB play are horrible. We are a joke right now. Hire Gruden and start over!
There is a reason Gruden is two years out of the NFL.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:02 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

No way.... Nolan has transformed our defense. If Henne would stop throwing picks we may have had a chance...

We have a good core of very good players on both sides of the ball
Wake
Dansby
Starks
Misi
Davis
Bell
Carrol/Sapp

Long
Incognito
Bess
Marshall
Hartline
Ricky/Ronnie

Carpenter...

Anyone getting my point?

I have located the weakest link....

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:04 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Henne just looks like he's scared out there. He throws off balance more so than not, he gets his shoulder pads brushed by a defender and loses his composer and starts to panic, he stairs down his rcvrs, can't hit an open receiver in stride, list goes on and on. I am not sure if it's the way they (coaches) prep'd him or if it's just Henne. After today I honestly don't think he is franchise material. At least not for this franchise...

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:08 pm
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Henne has never looked scared out there that I've noticed. What he looks like is lost. John Beck looked scared.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:12 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Phin wrote:
Henne has never looked scared out there that I've noticed. What he looks like is lost. John Beck looked scared.

Don't believe he looks lost for the most part. I'm sure there are times he is confused, which happens with youth at the QB spot.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:18 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Fire all of these clowns. Parcell's failed us bigtime. Oh. ok our defense is ok but they choked at crunch time. These idiotd drafted a tackle instead of Matt Ryan. I am sick of being irrelavant. How are Ireland and Sporano going to fix thsi for next year???? BLOW IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:32 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This thread title is a bit exaggerating.....Miami does have a great set of core players, they are overall a very young team. However, we need a starting QB that can be TRUSTED....Henne IMO, cannoyt be trusted at the helms as he is way too inconsistent, but not easier said than done as you better have a good strong game plan if they do choose to bring in a rookie or trade for a player to challenge for the number one job next year.

I wont bash Henne, but I wont defend him either as I notice some others have been doing....he just IMO does not deserve to be defended, proof is in the results and the bottom line is that he just isnt consistent, but giving him the benefit of the doubt yet again, I believe he will get another chance to redeem himself next season. Also, he still has four games left to go out of this season with renewed confidence, guess we shall see.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:33 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

You guys are killing me. How can you support this coaching staff? They brought all of these players in and guess what, we are no better than when Wannstadt was here or Cameron. We have some good players but our coaching staff sucks. Do you guys really think Sporano is going to win a Super Bowl. Give me a break!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:37 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I watched the first half and was not impressed. Poor play calling and lousy execution on offense....you know the normal things Miami does week to week. The defense I think is ok and finally appears to be jelling.
The only thing I'm tired of hearing is how young the team is. Uh, these are adult men who have been playing since they were in elementary school. That arguement is old and (to me), a sorry excuse.
After reading all the posts, I guess its good I didn't see the second half. I had to coach my kids soccer team (all 9 and 10 year olds). Now that is a "young" team.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:45 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

This staff is not taking us to the Super Bowl. That is why you play the game..to be champions. I think Ross is going to clean house and bring in a coach who has won a super bowl before...Gruden or Cowher.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:57 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

OhioZonk39 wrote:
This staff is not taking us to the Super Bowl. That is why you play the game..to be champions. I think Ross is going to clean house and bring in a coach who has won a super bowl before...Gruden or Cowher.

Another Einstein with going with a Re-tread Super Bowl coach. Yea, that is a proven way to get to the SB. Worked out great when Miami brought in JJ. Its worked so well no SB winning coach has ever won a SB with another team.

Yeap, that is the path Miami needs to follow.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:58 pm
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

So, then what's the answer? People are throwing idea's, only to get bashed. We need more solution's and not more problems.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:05 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

jimfinfan13 wrote:
So, then what's the answer? People are throwing idea's, only to get bashed. We need more solution's and not more problems.

Don't panic & stay the course.. Miami is a very young team that is growing up.

Play great one week, iffy the next. Its a sign of a young team.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:08 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

Play great one week, iffy the next. Its a sign of a young team

It's a sign of an inconsistant QB that throws a pick pretty much every game. He has youth, but he seems to be regressing. Yeah, he didn't have Marshall or Hartline, but we spanked Oakland last week without B. Marsh and he missed Hartline for a big gain if not a TD. I know, Carrol could have won the game, but Henne has to pick his play up if he is going to be the future. As of right now, it looks like we need a QB....

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:22 pm
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Makchell wrote:
t Henne has to pick his play up if he is going to be the future...
I agree. He needs to become more consistent.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:24 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

I agree. He needs to become more consistent.

Yep. Throwing a pick a game is the wrong kind of consistancy. LOL! I think we do need another QB with potential (not Tyler or Ramsey) to at the very least light a fire under him and challenge him. He shows flashes of being elite.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:26 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me wrote:
jimfinfan13 wrote:

Don't panic & stay the course.. Miami is a very young team that is growing up.

Play great one week, iffy the next. Its a sign of a young team.

This.

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:51 pm
Profile WWW
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Makchell wrote:
Yep. Throwing a pick a game is the wrong kind of consistancy. LOL! I think we do need another QB with potential (not Tyler or Ramsey) to at the very least light a fire under him and challenge him. He shows flashes of being elite.

Question for everyone.

How would you like 11 Int in 3 games with 4 returned for a TD. Would you bench that QB?

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:10 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The defense could have saved Henne's bacon, true. Carroll could have won the game with an INT for 6, but you would hope the offense could score more than 10 pts against the Browns...at home. The defense held the Browns to something like 74 yards in the first half and the best we could muster from that was a 3-3 tie. The offense is the unit tasked with scoring points though. The offense is, and was, simply awful. Time for a talent infusion there.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:18 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

How would you like 11 Int in 3 games with 4 returned for a TD. Would you bench that QB?

You're comparing henne to Manning? Please...

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:21 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Makchell wrote:

You're comparing henne to Manning? Please...

How do you get I'm comparing? I'm just asking if you would want a Qb that did that.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:28 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

You know...I might be willing to have a QB that had a bad game like that, if he was the same QB who won a super bowl a few years ago and made my team a contender for over a decade. News flash....Henne isn't that guy.....

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:33 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
You know...I might be willing to have a QB that had a bad game like that, if he was the same QB who won a super bowl a few years ago and made my team a contender for over a decade. News flash....Henne isn't that guy.....

My point is simple.. Henne struggled today without his top two Wr. Manning is struggling over the last 3 games. Stop breaking down his performance throw by throw.

I've never seen a QB be so snake bitten with passes being deflected. That has to be his 5th or 6th Int on such things.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:41 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Manning is a proven winner....has a Super Bowl ring....and has been the NFL MVP or a contender for that award almost every darn year. He is like having a coach on the field, on top of being a legend at QB. Henne is a loser, who is only consistent in making boneheaded throws and losing games. He is a career backup. No comparison at all.....

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:44 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

FrustratedFinFan wrote:
Manning is a proven winner....has a Super Bowl ring....and has been the NFL MVP or a contender for that award almost every darn year. He is like having a coach on the field, on top of being a legend at QB. Henne is a loser, who is only consistent in making boneheaded throws and losing games. He is a career backup. No comparison at all.....
Yeap & even he is throwing Int at a more alarming rate.

Did he suddenly forget how to QB?

You guys are pathetic with the name calling.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:55 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

My point is simple.. Henne struggled today without his top two Wr.

He didn't struggle last week without B.Marshall and he missed Hartline. Does it matter who's playing WR? He throws a pick almost every game.

Manning is struggling over the last 3 games. Stop breaking down his performance throw by throw.

He also is a shoe in hall of famer, he gets a pass. If Henne develops into a half Manning I would be happy.

I've never seen a QB be so snake bitten with passes being deflected. That has to be his 5th or 6th Int on such things

Bowens said it himself that he throws low, he made a play on poor throwing ability. Snakebitten? He makes dumb decisions Scot. He threw into triple coverage today and under threw a wide open Hartline, Manning would have thrown a TD. He threw a pick last week against Oak that had to be the worse throw/decision that I have ever seen watching football. He is consistantly inconsistant and you won't win games like. Check out our .500 record.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:00 am
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

You guys are pathetic with the name calling.

SO call people pathetic? Nice...

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:01 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

How can you compare henne and manning wow not even in the same planet did you see the colts game Indy was down pretty much the whole game and manning put them in a chance to win. Your making excuses for henne's tip balls being intercepted but won't make that same case for manning huh that's funny, but yea trying to compare henne int td ratio to manning makes no sense at all. I rather having manning who calls his own plays and takes over a game and gives us a chance to win. Not our Rb who was playing Qb out there trying to win us the game.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:06 am
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

OhioZonk39 wrote:

Can he fire a certain, classless portion of the Dolphins fanbase as well? Like the ones who feel the need to personally attack players and wish the death of coaches? Send them over to the Jets.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 8:14 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Makchell wrote:

SO call people pathetic? Nice...

Was not referring to poster to poster. Was referring to having to calling players "loser" etc....

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:10 am
2014 Survival Champ
2014 Survival Champ

Cisco_56 wrote:
How can you compare henne and manning wow not even in the same planet did you see the colts game Indy was down pretty much the whole game and manning put them in a chance to win. Your making excuses for henne's tip balls being intercepted but won't make that same case for manning huh that's funny, but yea trying to compare henne int td ratio to manning makes no sense at all. I rather having manning who calls his own plays and takes over a game and gives us a chance to win. Not our Rb who was playing Qb out there trying to win us the game.
No comparison, just pointing out even great QB can have really bad game/s.

I know of 5 or 6 of Henne Int that are not the fault of something he did other than throw it. Wr falling, tipped passes. The Int yesterday is purely bad luck.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:13 am
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

If Nolan Carroll holds on the that ball, we aren't even having this discussion. If Sean Smith held on to that ball vs. Baltimore, we are a playoff contender right now. We are not getting it done on EITHER side of the ball, don't be fooled.

Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:23 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]