View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Ronnie Brown: Not interested in leaving Miami 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Ronnie Brown: Not interested in leaving Miami
Quote:

He wants to remain with the Dolphins. He wants a long-term contract with the team.

Shocking, right?

"I want to make sure I'm still in Miami," he told host Orlando Alzugaray. "I don't want to go anywhere else. To be honest, I'm not really interested in leaving Miami so it'll be good if I could go on and get something done and stay here."

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins ... miami.html

Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:56 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Ronnie Brown: Not interested in leaving Miami
I have no issue with the team waiting to see if he can play a full year without major injuries but I wouldn't call him injury prone. Time will tell.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:04 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

I hope he remains a Dolphin for the rest of his career... I was a fan before we drafted him and I'm still a fan... just stay healthy Ron!!

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:19 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

lock him up, I'd hate to watch him in any other uni

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:40 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'm really going to be pissed if Ted Ginn and/or Jason Allen stay on this team longer than Ronnie Brown. Just sign the guy already.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:46 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

IMHO, Ronnie was our offense. When he went down.. offensive production went way down. When Ronnie was in there we averaged 24.2 points per game over the course of 9 games.

When Ronnie went out. The remaining 7 we averaged 20.2 points per game.

That's a pretty significant difference... and probably the difference between a good offense and a mediocre one.

Nevermind the fact that we were among the league leaders in rushing the ball when Ronnie went down. Top 3 at least. After Ronnie. Ricky did an admirable job (minus the fumbles) but our grip on being one of the best rushing teams in the league slipped signicantly.

You can argue that Ricky finished with a better yards per rush. But, that just isn't the whole story.

The 5 games leading up to Ronnie's injury.. The Dolphins were averaging an ASTOUNDING 30 points per game. The 5 games after 19.6.. Yikes.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:34 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator & FFL Commish

What hypo said. Great post.

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:41 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

hypocritex wrote:
IMHO, Ronnie was our offense. When he went down.. offensive production went way down. When Ronnie was in there we averaged 24.2 points per game over the course of 9 games.

When Ronnie went out. The remaining 7 we averaged 20.2 points per game.

That's a pretty significant difference... and probably the difference between a good offense and a mediocre one.

Nevermind the fact that we were among the league leaders in rushing the ball when Ronnie went down. Top 3 at least. After Ronnie. Ricky did an admirable job (minus the fumbles) but our grip on being one of the best rushing teams in the league slipped signicantly.

You can argue that Ricky finished with a better yards per rush. But, that just isn't the whole story.

The 5 games leading up to Ronnie's injury.. The Dolphins were averaging an ASTOUNDING 30 points per game. The 5 games after 19.6.. Yikes.

exactly.......I looked at it like a blessing, made Henning open up the offense a little more for Henne

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:44 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I think Ronnie is one of the better backs in the league, but he is injury-prone. There is no way that these injuries cannot be taking a toll on him. Can he come back after his latest injury? I am sure he can, but we need another option for the future. Be honest here ... depending on Ronnie for a full season is like depending on Ricky. You could lose either of them at any point.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:21 am
Profile WWW
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Big Dave wrote:
I think Ronnie is one of the better backs in the league, but he is injury-prone. There is no way that these injuries cannot be taking a toll on him. Can he come back after his latest injury? I am sure he can, but we need another option for the future. Be honest here ... depending on Ronnie for a full season is like depending on Ricky. You could lose either of them at any point.

Your right I believe
Ronnie is my favorite player on this team and in NFL for that matter. I love his attitude, character, and passion for the game. I would be thrilled to see him playing for the Phins for the rest of his career. That being said, I don't think we should break the bank for him and I do believe we need a talented back up for him. His injury issues likely won't go away, so I think that should be factored into his contract price. I also believe that he needs some one talented behind him to back him up, to split carries, and to push him to keep working hard. With those factors in mind, I say resign him to a long term deal and start looking to the draft for another back. (as a general rule, I believe all NFL teams need to have two talented backs on the roster due to injuries and splitting carries)

Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:54 am

Can you imagine how awesome it would be if we went into the Post Season with both Ronnie and Ricky healthy?? That said, Dave and Phin are right...it is a mistake to count on both lasting the entire season.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:54 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Great attitude,Great work ethic,Great heart and knowledge of the game. One downfall is his injurys. Sign him up, there's not too many Ronnie Browns out there and just not on the field but off.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:53 am
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Re: Ronnie Brown: Not interested in leaving Miami
sign him :runwiththeball:

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:58 am
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

I could go with or without him. It's no question he has been a force for this offense and our team is far better when he is on the field... but that's the problem... he's rarely on the field.

We need someone who can stay healthy and bring our offense to the next level EVERY GAME.

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:45 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]