View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Future tenuous; Miami Dolphins players know it 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Future tenuous; Miami Dolphins players know it
Quote:
BY BARRY JACKSON
bjackson@MiamiHerald.com
During a quiet moment Wednesday, buddies Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams spoke about this potentially being their final week as Dolphins teammates.

``We're ready for it,'' Brown said, still hoping he will be offered a contract by Miami but not especially optimistic. ``We even joked about maybe going out to dinner once a week during the offseason.''

Uncertainty swirls not only around coach Tony Sparano and the front office, but also around the players.

That includes more than a dozen free agents, including Brown and Williams (who will be unrestricted) and several (Paul Soliai, Tony McDaniel and Richie Incognito, among others) who don't know yet whether they will be restricted or unrestricted.

It also includes players who are under contract but might be too pricey for Miami's tastes such as Benny Sapp. And it includes a few bottom-of-the-roster players who barely have played.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/12/30/1 ... z19cIXf2I9

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:24 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Re: Future tenuous; Miami Dolphins players know it
basically another crazy offseason for the Dolphins.......there are a lot of impact guys whose contracts need discussing. Add in a Super Bowl winning coach with star power listing the Fins as a team he'd like to coach next season and this becomes an offseason with huge possibilities.

Hopefully Ireland stays around and can address all this stuff? I think he's done a solid job as GM so far and would like to see him stick around.

Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:44 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

keebler_kahn wrote:
Add in a Super Bowl winning coach with star power listing the Fins as a team he'd like to coach next season and this becomes an offseason with huge possibilities.

Who?

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:30 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Every off season has had huge possibilities. I really bought in this season , maybe my expectations were to high but clearly this should have been at least a playoff team. For the second season in a row we lost key , very winable games down the stretch that could have gotten us into the playoffs. Once again very unacceptable. This team continues to tease & then disapoint. I now have a laugh at the posts that still say we are close , maybe a tweak here & there. Maybe its my old self coming back but I just dont see it. This offense is beyond vanilla & it is much more than the playcalling of the OC. Other teams around us are improving at a faster rate & we as fans continue to think every player that becomes available wants to be here.
I thought this was a statement year for us ... well it was in the worse way. Who now do we put the trust in to once again fix a mess.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:51 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Our future depends on what we do at coach and quarterback. If we can remain consistent at coach and quarterback and build around those two spots then we can become a better team. We should definitely bring in a better offensive coordinator to help out Sparano and probably a new special teams coach as well. Having a better supporting cast will help Sparano look good and make his job easier.
We should also rebuild the offense so that Henne or whoever our quarterback is will have a much easier time running it. We should rebuild the o-line and re-energize the ground game, those two things will take the pressure off of the quarterback and allow him to manage the game. Because that is what our staff wants after all, they want a game manager, they don't want a gun slinger.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]