View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Preseason Predictions...Hats off to all you non-homers! 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post Preseason Predictions...Hats off to all you non-homers!
All of these quotes were from before the season began. It is quite impressive to read how spot-on some of you guys are with your expectations back in September. Very cool.
Quote:
I think 7-9, perhaps even 6-10. Too much turnover on the roster. Lots of youth on the field...Offensive live has taken a step back and the defense has huge question marks all over the field. Who will rush the passer besides Wake? Who can play CB opposite Vontae? Is Clemons really the man at safety.....by FrustratedFinFan

Quote:
8-8, miss the playoffs. One year away from the young players developing, particularly Henne. You can't put too much expectations on a 2nd year starter, but that's what people will do and if he doesn't meet their expectations he will get called a bust. Defense has a lot of questions, so does interio...by eleaf

Quote:
I say 9-7 but Henne has growing pains and we con't. to play at the level of our competition. But, if we play the way we played agasint the Colts or Saints last year and make a play or two, we could be in the hunt. Rich is right, the beginning of the schedule is tough. by Makchell

Quote:
8-8, miss the playoffs. One year away from the young players developing, particularly Henne. You can't put too much expectations on a 2nd year starter, but that's what people will do and if he doesn't meet their expectations he will get called a bust. Defense has a lot of questions, so does interior...by Rich

Quote:
I predict 8-8 to 9-6 for the year. We beat the Bills in Week One 27 to 13.by TennFinFan13

Wow...did I play it safe or what..haha. I was dead wrong on NE but pretty much nailed the Jets
Quote:
9-7 +/- 2

The season is definitely a marathon and between the Jets, Patriots and Dolphins, the healthy team will probably win the division at 11-5.

Miami - Slow start, defense will take time to find its feet with so many young players. Strong finish.
Jets - Like Washington, they're media whores. They've got talent but will only go as far as Sanchez takes them which depending upon whom you ask, might not be far.
Patriots - Defense is a sieve. They lost their best CB for the season and struggled to apply any pressure to the QB in the preseason...a hallmark from last year. The offense is still Brady to Moss/Welker and now a new toy in the TE. The running game is non-existant. They'll do okay until Brady gets his skirt wrinkled. by NFL Junkie

Quote:
While I think 9-7, I am going to give us one more to go 10-6. Strange, I don't think we are as good as 10-6. bit I think we're better than 9-7. Go figure. by Big Dave

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:15 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Preseason Predictions...Hats off to all you non-homers!
The 8-8 prediction by Eleaf with all the talk about the young players needing more time to develop is scary accurate. It's funny because everyone is jumping all over Henne and we're likely going to be a .500 football team at then end of the season. Spot on Eleaf!
:yay:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:31 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

This non homer was way off. I thought we had the makings this season. Receiving core was there. There was no reason to think that Ricky & Ronnie would stink the way they did , the Defense I thought was solid. I never thought that Henne would be as stagnant as he was. I dont care what the stats say , he regressed & your team usually goes as the QB goes.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:11 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

It all depended on Henne's development. Rich was spot on IMO.

Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:13 pm
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Wow you mean we should actually listen to Rich?

Excellent spot on prediction. :yay:

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:18 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

It is amazing how eleaf and I said the same exact thing....???

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:22 pm

I went back and checked. It was my prediction. Eleaf quoted it to agree. Ha!

Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:37 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Lol excellent predictions... I think I predicted us to be 11-5... whoops!!!

Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:15 am
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

You left mine out Junkie. Given that the Pats are going to play their starters, looks like we will finish 7-9 (likely). That is exactly the record I had us down for. Some of my reasons were accurate, some were hyperbolic, and some were way off.

Phin wrote:
7-9
Fans start jumping off the nearest bridge by week 4 when we are 0-4. Finish the season with a couple wins and show some glimmer of hope for next year.
Interior Oline stinks
Secondary has major holes
Henne has chemistry issues early, he responds by putting together some decent games and by the end of the year he shows that he is developing nicely.
Marshall makes the headlines more than once and not for good reasons.
Ronnie gets hurt again and misses half the season.

Here I was WAY off.
Quote:
he responds by putting together some decent games and by the end of the year he shows that he is developing nicely.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:53 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

It really goes to show you how hard it is to pick in the NFL. If the Phins do not get hosed by the refs in the Pittsburgh game, and they manage to win what we all thought were gimme home games against Cleveland, Buffalo, and Detroit. This team would be looking at 11-5 or 12-4.

That being said no disrespect to anyone's prediction but I don't think anyone had us at 7-8 at this point in the season with a 6-1 road record and a 1-7 home record. We are a team that defies normal explanation.

Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:03 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]