View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 The fix? 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Post The fix?
1. Fire - ask him to retire - whatever it takes to get Henning off the coaching staff.

2. If you can't put together a package to trade up for the best QB available, then go after Orton, McNabb or any other vet that might bring better than average play to the position. Vince Young? Right now, this is the one position that can make the biggest difference and if 2008 wasn't a showcase of that today's loss against Brady was. Brady and a good OL can make a bunch of nobodies look outstanding. He does it year in, year out. Fix this one position and you fix the team.

3. OL - The interior of the OL needs to be a high priority in the draft.

4. If safety wasn't exposed today as a need, then you weren't watching.

Personally, it is a lot to ask in one season. Finding a OC with balls, aggressive play and a keen understanding of the players they have on the roster is the biggest key. Heck, find one that adapts to his players versus the other way around. With the above gaping holes, your next season expectations should be 7-9 .. .again.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:19 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: The fix?
1. Fire Sparano and rehire Don Shula

2. Talk Marino out of retirement

3. OL- Same concept as the above, see if the "Hogs" will come out of retirement and block for Marino.

4. I don't know, pick up a free agent safety by the name of Gary R. He was a legend coming out of the state of Tennessee. I just cannot quite remember his real last name :)

If all those ridiculous comments won't workout, fire the existing staff, all of them and bring in Cowher and so what if it didnt work previously with Jimmy Johnson, just do it and draft smart at QB, OL, Safety and sign a veteran QB (until the rookie is groomed later), a few free agent contributors that can step right in and start or provide excellent depth.

Of course I am being semi sarcastic, but not just because of this last game loss, but I won't be disappointed if Sparano and the rest go and as painful as it is to start over AGAIN, then so be it. If I am way off base and Sparano stays, we need our off season to be smart in picking up new players.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:33 pm

Finhead wrote:
1. Fire Sparano and rehire Don Shula

2. Talk Marino out of retirement

3. OL- Same concept as the above, see if the "Hogs" will come out of retirement and block for Marino.

4. I don't know, pick up a free agent safety by the name of Gary R. He was a legend coming out of the state of Tennessee. I just cannot quite remember his real last name :)

If all those ridiculous comments won't workout, fire the existing staff, all of them and bring in Cowher and so what if it didnt work previously with Jimmy Johnson, just do it and draft smart at QB, OL, Safety and sign a veteran QB (until the rookie is groomed later), a few free agent contributors that can step right in and start or provide excellent depth.

Of course I am being semi sarcastic, but not just because of this last game loss, but I won't be disappointed if Sparano and the rest go and as painful as it is to start over AGAIN, then so be it. If I am way off base and Sparano stays, we need our off season to be smart in picking up new players.

How is that FS comment ridiculous...I heard he was beast back in the day!

Karl, I'm with you. Right now it wouldn't bother me who they fired from the staff. I would cancel my directv if Henning stays on. There aren't that many FA QB's but I have a feeling Orton will be available after the season. The Tebow Mania here in Denver is in full swing. Vince Young is another young QB who might need a change of venue. The young kid with the Lions has been playing well as a backup down the stretch and might be an interesting low-cost option. I also wouldn't be opposed to packaging a few players like Brown and moving up in the draft. Right now, they don't have many good options at 15.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:59 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

NFLJunkie wrote:
1. Fire - ask him to retire - whatever it takes to get Henning off the coaching staff.

2. If you can't put together a package to trade up for the best QB available, then go after Orton, McNabb or any other vet that might bring better than average play to the position. Vince Young? Right now, this is the one position that can make the biggest difference and if 2008 wasn't a showcase of that today's loss against Brady was. Brady and a good OL can make a bunch of nobodies look outstanding. He does it year in, year out. Fix this one position and you fix the team.

3. OL - The interior of the OL needs to be a high priority in the draft.

4. If safety wasn't exposed today as a need, then you weren't watching.

Personally, it is a lot to ask in one season. Finding a OC with balls, aggressive play and a keen understanding of the players they have on the roster is the biggest key. Heck, find one that adapts to his players versus the other way around. With the above gaping holes, your next season expectations should be 7-9 .. .again.

Agreed! With your numbers 1-3. I really don't see safety has a huge issue. I do think we need a new RB though.

Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]