View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:57 am



Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement? 
Author Message
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8727
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
Omar Kelly wrote:
The Dolphins don’t stray from their bigger is better blueprint on size requirements for each position. So if that linebacker is a little bit on the small side (like Jon Beason was) you might was well drop him a round no matter how productive he was in college. Size matters to this regime because it impacts a player’s durability.


Sun Sentinel

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:00 pm
Profile WWW
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm
Posts: 226
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
good news: Rolando McClain is 6'4", 260#.

reminds me of another player that was drafted by Parcells about 5 years ago at the same spot (round 1 pick 11)......DeMarcus Ware.


Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:11 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
Size doesn't matter.

_________________
Image


Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:13 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 am
Posts: 61
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
Iowafin wrote:
Size doesn't matter.



That's what she said.


Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:30 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
19GonnaCsonkaYa73 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Size doesn't matter.



That's what she said.


Whether she actually means it or not is another story.

_________________
Image


Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:40 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum


Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:52 pm
Profile
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:33 am
Posts: 61
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
Iowafin wrote:
19GonnaCsonkaYa73 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Size doesn't matter.



That's what she said.


Whether she actually means it or not is another story.



lol, nice one.


Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:15 pm
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 562
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
Big Dave wrote:
Omar Kelly wrote:
The Dolphins don’t stray from their bigger is better blueprint on size requirements for each position. So if that linebacker is a little bit on the small side (like Jon Beason was) you might was well drop him a round no matter how productive he was in college. Size matters to this regime because it impacts a player’s durability.


Sun Sentinel
Yet they drafted Pat White and J.D Folsom.

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:21 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
Alex13 wrote:
Big Dave wrote:
Omar Kelly wrote:
The Dolphins don’t stray from their bigger is better blueprint on size requirements for each position. So if that linebacker is a little bit on the small side (like Jon Beason was) you might was well drop him a round no matter how productive he was in college. Size matters to this regime because it impacts a player’s durability.


Sun Sentinel
Yet they drafted Pat White and J.D Folsom.


No kidding. It's ideal to be overpowering, but you don't have to be....it's how you use it.

_________________
Image


Thu Feb 18, 2010 12:21 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 8727
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
Iowafin wrote:
Alex13 wrote:
Yet they drafted Pat White and J.D Folsom.


No kidding. It's ideal to be overpowering, but you don't have to be....it's how you use it.


Yep, but what have they contributed to the team? Nada.

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:49 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
Folsom was brought in to play Special teams. I don't think they had the intention of him doing anything more than that. I think he would have gotten more playing time had or ST's unit not played as well as they did.


Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:35 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm
Posts: 562
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
Phins Rock wrote:
Folsom was brought in to play Special teams. I don't think they had the intention of him doing anything more than that. I think he would have gotten more playing time had or ST's unit not played as well as they did.
Though its a bit hypocritical since they cut Zach. Who may have been small before he was cut, but he was able to play at 242lbs for Dallas even though for his standards he had a bad year, 94 tackles is pretty good.

_________________
Image
Image


Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
I don't think they cut Zach Thomas because of his size. He was 35 and having concussion problems.


Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:43 pm
Profile
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:47 am
Posts: 5745
Post Re: Why does Parcells have a "bigger is better" requirement?
Yes but Zach was living proof that you can't measure a player by their size. Mike Singletary never topped 230lbs and usually played at 225.


Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:17 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cathal, Google [Bot] and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.