View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:56 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Mike Williams 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Mike Williams
and no I do not mean the USC product from a few years ago, but the one from Syracuse.

He quit on them last year midway through the season. Not sure as to why.

He is extremely talented & I'm sure that issue will drop his value into Day 3 of the draft. Should Miami has an interest in someone like that at that point of the draft?

Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:39 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Post Re: Mike Williams
I'm sure some team will pick him up. I sure hope it isn't our team. This kid was on the verge of another suspension so instead of tackling the problem head on he just quits the team. I don't want anybody on this team who quits when things get tough.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:02 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Post Re: Mike Williams
That's a tough one Dphins. Mike is a very talented, big WR, the type of receiver you want in regards to being a playmaker. He been productive at Syracuse with 133-2044-20 in his 29 ball games with the Orangeman.

The numbers are even more impressive when you look at the fact that he was suspended at one point in his tenure, bought back to the team and then quit after 7 games last year.

I don't know what happened, but it has to be a MAJOR concern to any team when a kid QUITS on his team.

He will be at the combine, so besides needing to do well for a testing standpoint, his interview are going to be CRUCIAL to say the least. IF he answers those questions to the satisfaction of teams, he will get a chance and he could be a steal late in the draft.

A kid I like is Demaryius Thomas, the kid from Georgia Tech. 6'3, 230 lbs and was reportedly running 4.3 40's. He broke his foot while training for the combine, so he may drop a little bit and MAY be there in the 3rd round because of the injury. He put up some nice numbers in an offense not condusive the throwing the ball a lot and having a QB that was not a good passing QB at all in Josh Nesbitt.

Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]