All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:35 pm 
Admin | Forum Design
Admin | Forum Design

I'll give the ones for the fins, if you want the rest... well pay for it lol.

Mels 3 round phins picks.
1. Mark Ingram - RB Alabama
2. -
3. Edmond Gates - WR Abilene Christian

McShay's
1. Mike Pouncey - C/G Florida
2. -
3. Dion Lewis - RB Pittsburg

If I have time later I'll drop the whole thing for everyone... but this is all I've got for now.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:07 am 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Coots wrote:
McShay's
1. Mike Pouncey - C/G Florida
2. -

From everything that I have read, Pouncey is not worth the overall #15th pick in the draft. I don't agree with this selection. Is he a need? Yes, but it would be better to trade down to get him than to pick based on need.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:00 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Well...I think Ingram makes the team better. The running game should improve with him in the backfield and the OL hopefully healthy and settled prior to the start of the season. That would help Henne, since anytime he doesn't have to throw is a good time. I would say that it opens play action as well....but Henne doesn't seem to appreciate the art of the play fake.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:17 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Everyone seems to think that the Dolphins have to go with either a runningback or an interior lineman in round one. I think quarterback is the direction we need to go round one. Henne is still the same erratic passer he was in 2009/2010 until he proves otherwise. That being said we cannot afford to enter 2011 without a backup plan at quarterback. Drafting a quarterback early will ensure that we have someone on the back burner in case Henne doesn't work out this year. While I have all the confidence that Henne can still turn things around, I'm not counting my chickens before the eggs are hatched. If I'm going to keep my #15 overall, then I'm going QB. QB is the most important position on the field, we need to treat it as such. Either draft a quarterback early or go after a high profile free agent. Now if the right QB isn't there at 15, then I think we need to look to trade back if at all possible. I think Pouncey and maybe even Ingram will still be there later on in the 1st round. We could trade back, pick up a 2nd rounder, and still get a player who is high on our board that fits an area of need.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]