Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:23 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Quote:
Working with Fit Speed Inc., with whom he trained while at Central Florida, Marshall wants to get back to where he was physically his first two seasons.

“I ran a 4.44 at my pro day so I’m trying to get back to that. After a few surgeries, you lose some explosion. Where I’m at today, I’m close to where I was,” Marshall said. “I’m not going to run the 40. I just want to get the football speed back to where I can break that cushion on those DBs and stretch the field.”

He said he’s been working with former Central Florida tight end Darcy Johnson and former Jacksonville wide receiver Mike Sims-Walker, but he and Henne talked Friday about getting together for workouts with Henne and wide receivers Davone Bess and Brian Hartline.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/08/2 ... oward.html

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:51 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If he can seriously get back to 4.4, he's back to being the 3rd best WR in the game.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Yeah, that and hang on to the football more. Unfortunately, people bash Henne for everything, but as many "catchable" passes Marshall dropped and in critical key situations, his main concern should be getting his consistency back up with his hands as well as his speed conditioning.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:14 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If Henne starts getting reps in with Marshall, Bess, and Hartline it will mean good things for our offense. All of last season it looked like the recievers just weren't in tune with Henne. The only way to remedy that is by simply putting in the hours and reps. Working out together in the offseason is just what the doctor ordered for curing those drops and poorly timed passes. Henne needs to be a leader and take control of his receivers in the offseason. If something isn't working you keep practicing together until you work it out. Last year was a disaster, but that doesn't mean they can't all get on the same page and turn things around in 2011.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:19 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Finhead wrote:
Yeah, that and hang on to the football more. Unfortunately, people bash Henne for everything, but as many "catchable" passes Marshall dropped and in critical key situations, his main concern should be getting his consistency back up with his hands as well as his speed conditioning.

Well if you look at the list of players with the most drops, Welker, Wayne, Garcon, Austin, Marshall, then look at how many receptions they have in a year you can assume its a numbers game...

Everyone drops passes... Its just that when they are thrown at 100+ times a season, they will have 10 or 11 drops....

Notice Ted Ginn is no longer a top 5 in dropped passes??

You think he suddenly learned how to catch?
No, he drops too many so they dont bother throwing to him....

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]