All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:28 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/277930-dolphins-circling-back-with-mallett?eref=sihp

I'm sure some of you local guys have read this type of stuff before, but this is one of the first national pickups I've seen.

I have to say, Mallet in the first and Williams in the third/fourth....I could get on board with that. He's starting to grow on me.

I'd still like to see them drop down a couple slots and pick up an extra pick, but, if he's there at 15, and that's who the brass wants, go to it. If they could drop back to 18-20 or so and don't think he'll be gone, and pick up an extra third and fourth, and still get him, I'd be pretty darn happy. If they could end up with 1) Mallet, 3a) Wisniewski, 3b) Williams, or something like that, I'd consider it a pretty successful draft thus far.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

He is growing on me as well.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6347583

After watching his interview with Gruden, I want the Phins to get this guy. He was "Yessir", "no sir" throughout the whole interview, seemed quite polite to tell the truth. When he broke down the game tape and made him draw up the play and tell Gruden his reads, I was even more impressed.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:40 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I like Mallett, although I find his value alot lower than #15..

Trade down and take him late in the first.. I dont see him making it out of the 30's.. But thats just my opinion. He is either going to us in the first, or Carolina/Tenn takes him early in the second.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:47 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Project86JLL13 wrote:
He is growing on me as well.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6347583

After watching his interview with Gruden, I want the Phins to get this guy. He was "Yessir", "no sir" throughout the whole interview, seemed quite polite to tell the truth. When he broke down the game tape and made him draw up the play and tell Gruden his reads, I was even more impressed.

I saw that interview as well and it impressed me too. Everyone said this kid was stupid, it seems to me like he's got a good football IQ. Watching him break it down lets me know that he's already able to run an NFL offense and read defenses. All of the reports I've read on him said he was calling audibles all season long and running that offense very effectively. His ability to read defenses and go through his progressions is unmatched by anyone else in this draft in my opinion. I say go get him! Mallett in the 1st, his tightend Williams in the 3rd! Go do it Dolphins!
:yay:

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]