All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:03 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I'm holding out hope that we will see more of the positive things we saw in Henne last year and less of the negative. This is his 3rd year, so, in some quarterbacks the light finally ignites in some of them.

Quote:
Chad Henne shouldered too much of the blame for the offense’s malaise. True, Henne was not as accurate as he was in ’09. And it didn’t help that his mistakes tended to snowball. But when Henne was unshackled from offensive coordinator Dan Henning’s unimaginative ball control system, he wasn’t bad. Miami had a much livelier receiving arsenal than critics realized. Brandon Marshall was a true No. 1; the surprisingly fluid Brian Hartline was a capable No. 2; Davone Bess was a beacon of fundamentals in the slot; and tight end Anthony Fasano regained his receiving confidence, especially down the seams.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2011 ... ports%29#h[CHsBMw,2]

Follow me on Twitter - David Blake@phinfever

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:10 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

As much as I would love this dream of drafting a "Franchise" QB in this years draft, I also believe that could really backfire and put Miami back even further.

Go after a couple of stout offensive lineman, a game changing running back and an athletic tight end and a down field deep threat wide receiver along with better play calling and then let the jury decide on Henne's fate after this season.

Maybe Miami does put all the marbles on Henne one more time and if he prospers then great, thats what we all want and if Miami flops next season, then next year's draft has a guy named Luck coming out!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Finhead wrote:
As much as I would love this dream of drafting a "Franchise" QB in this years draft, I also believe that could really backfire and put Miami back even further.

Go after a couple of stout offensive lineman, a game changing running back and an athletic tight end and a down field deep threat wide receiver along with better play calling and then let the jury decide on Henne's fate after this season.

Maybe Miami does put all the marbles on Henne one more time and if he prospers then great, thats what we all want and if Miami flops next season, then next year's draft has a guy named Luck coming out!

Exactly...I'd put all my money on Henne, and if he flops, then Miami flops and then we can get Luck.

Seems like a win/win to me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It is obvious Miami needs major upgrades still on the line and let's just hope the play calling improves significantly this upcoming season.

It will be interesting how much the braintrust leans towards a plan around Henne this year and give him stout protection, the TE and home run receiver along with a dominant running back.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:12 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Finhead wrote:

thats what we all want and if Miami flops next season, then next year's draft has a guy named Luck coming out!

Iowafin wrote:

Exactly...I'd put all my money on Henne, and if he flops, then Miami flops and then we can get Luck.

I cannot believe Miami would flop that bad to have the No. 1 pick. I believe it would take some injuries to accomplish that.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:56 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

If I were Miami I would try to accumulate some ammo for the 2012 draft because if the team collapses this year then there may be some house cleaning and some new foundational pieces...especially a new franchise hopeful QB.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:25 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dphins4me: I cannot believe Miami would flop that bad to have the No. 1 pick. I believe it would take some injuries to accomplish that.

I sure hope not, but we have lived back through a 1-15 season before, so anything is possible and IF Miami were to crumble and fall into a top 5 pick scenario next year, you almost have to try and go after Luck, even if you package together something to attain him.

He could be that good in the NFL.

In the meantime, I hope Henne comes through this year and leads Miami because that would completely suck if the fins continue to regress at the QB position.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
Finhead wrote:

Our D is too good to only win 2-3 games.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Finhead wrote:

Our D is too good to only win 2-3 games.

You don't remember Ray Lucas, 2004, or the Chicago game last season.

An offense that can't score is a losing team.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:17 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

The Chicago game Henne wasn't playing....

And that's one game.

I'm not a Henne fan, but even Henne is better than Ray Lucas. LOL. And we have a much better team around Henne than Feeley did in 04. Not to mention the 2010 Henne is better than anything Feeley ever gave us.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phins Rock wrote:

And that's one game.

I'm not a Henne fan, but even Henne is better than Ray Lucas. LOL. And we have a much better team around Henne than Feeley did in 04. Not to mention the 2010 Henne is better than anything Feeley ever gave us.

Obviously my point went way over your head.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:21 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

And that's one game.

Evidently...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:27 pm 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

Phins Rock wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

And that's one game.

Evidently...

Have to learn to see the forest through the trees sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

One thing is for sure, the longer we wait to make a move at quarterback, the better Henne's chances of being our starter get. Personally, I'd love to see a scenario where the Dolphins manage to get a top tier prospect in the draft and add a veteran. Henne vs. Mallett vs. Palmer is by far my favorite quarterback battle.

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]