Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Crickets?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:17 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Just playing devil's advocate...

What potential draft picks, especially QB, are the Dolphins not really talking about and not trying to add fuel to a fire?

Have they spoken or raved about Ponder, Dalton, or Kaepernick at all?

What about O-linemen? Or RBs?

It seems to me, for reasons unknown, that there has been way too much talk of the Dolphins taking Ingram, Mallett, or Pouncey for them to actually do so. Not so ironically, all three of these guys are intriguing enough picks for someone to move up and snatch them.

I did read once about Sparano talking about pass-rush help in the draft, and the Dolphins seem to be at the front-end of a potential run on pass rushers, or at least in front of a bunch of teams who's glaring weakness is pass rushing.

Just trying to think out of the box.

Post subject: Re: Crickets?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:04 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

They have done a great job of keeping things quiet with Ponder (guy I think they really want).

There has been plenty of talk about Jeff Ireland and Colin Kaepernick. I think it's a smokescreen. Jeff for the most part is safe, but even he can't afford to go get a project like that in the first round. The Dalton talk is coming because of Peter King's mock draft, not something the Dolphins put out there. However I have heard that Bill Parcells was in the meeting they had with Dalton, and that's the only QB prospect he was with Ireland/Sparano to meet with.

I'm not sure what to make of Mallett. They put the word out that they hated him, and now that they love him. Who knows. I think there's interest there, but in the end I don't think he's the type of QB or the type of person they'd draft in the middle of the first round. I think Ponder is the guy; he fits what they need and want in a QB, and they have been doing everything possible to keep his name out of connection with themselves.

Edit: Just found this...
Brandon Marshall wrote:
Listen to me. Ryan Mallett will be an All-Pro Qb.

http://twitter.com/BMarshall19/status/60510735431778305

Couple things come to mind. 1) He said the same about Henne. 2) Remember last year when J-Lo was asked on some late night show who she wanted the Dolphins to draft, and she claimed to have no insight but said she wanted Dan Williams??

SMOKE SCREEN.

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ]