View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Rashad Jones on verge of passing Chris Clemons at safety? 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post Rashad Jones on verge of passing Chris Clemons at safety?
I don't always believe what I hear during the preseason as the coaches play a lot of mind games in order to get players to elevate their games, but there may be some truth in this one.

Quote:
Rashad Jones on verge of passing Chris Clemons at safety?

One of the most heated position battles is at free safety.

Chris Clemons started 14 games there last year, but he is being pushed by Reshad Jones for the spot next to Yeremiah Bell.

Jones, a 2010 fifth-round pick, handled most of the work with the starting unit during Sunday's scrimmage. But Clemons was rotated in.

"Reshad [Jones] in the last couple practices has been around the ball. He's been more physical," Sparano said.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 6170.story

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Rashad Jones on verge of passing Chris Clemons at safety?
He started that campaign with some very good play last year.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:13 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He'll be a great quarter package addition, and even a good replacement for Bell on nickel and dime situations. But starting over Clemons? I don't think so. I've always been a Clemons believer, and if he had caught some interceptions last year instead of dropping them, we'd all be scoffing at this article. Fact is, Clemons always seems to be around the ball. Getting into the right position is step one and learning to make the plays while in position is step two.

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
He'll be a great quarter package addition, and even a good replacement for Bell on nickel and dime situations. But starting over Clemons? I don't think so. I've always been a Clemons believer, and if he had caught some interceptions last year instead of dropping them, we'd all be scoffing at this article. Fact is, Clemons always seems to be around the ball. Getting into the right position is step one and learning to make the plays while in position is step two.

I agree, the job is definitely Clemons to lose at this point. Jones is a great player, there is always room on the field for players like him. I'm sure Nolan will find a way to get him into some packages like you mentioned above. You definitely like to hear that even though you have a solid young starter that another guy who's even younger is playing up to his level and pushing him for the starting job. Competition like this is what makes you great and keeps your team competitive even when a player goes down.
:yay:

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]