View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 QB Coach David Lee coaches beyond the Senior Bowl 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Post QB Coach David Lee coaches beyond the Senior Bowl
This is the second attaboy that our coaches have gotten since the Senior Bowl. I'm impressed with their love for coaching the players. On a side note, I hope Tebow's first year turns out better than Pat White's.

Jeff Darlington wrote:
With nothing to gain, Miami Dolphins help Tim Tebow

BY JEFF DARLINGTON
jdarlington@MiamiHerald.com

INDIANAPOLIS -- Dolphins quarterbacks coach David Lee already has been credited with some impressive accomplishments during the past seven years.

He's the assistant who brought the Wildcat offense to Miami in 2008, and he also is the former Cowboys quality control coach who is recognized for developing Tony Romo's throwing motion in 2003 before Romo budded into a star.

It could soon be time to add another: The Tim Tebow project

``I've learned a lot from Coach Lee,'' said Tebow, who concluded his NFL Combine workouts Sunday. ``He's a great coach. We worked a lot on different drops, on coming out of play actions, adjustments in plays they had. It's a wonderful experience for me.''

Although it has since subdued, Lee's tutelage began on the first day Tebow arrived at the Senior Bowl in late January. The pair immediately developed a strong bond as Lee began to quietly initiate a process that has become one of the biggest stories of the NFL Draft.

Although few have mentioned Lee's impact on Tebow's adjustments, the coach nonetheless had a major influence on the latest changes to his throwing motion.

``It's more like a tweak, it's not necessarily changing my whole motion, just the way I'm holding the ball and kind of how I'm getting to where I'm throwing it,'' Tebow said.

The Dolphins are unlikely to draft Tebow, which might make Lee's invested interest in the quarterback seem unusual. But Miami's role as the coaching staff at the Senior Bowl comes with a certain responsibility to actually coach the players.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/01/1 ... phins.html

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:53 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]