View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Chad Henne welcomes competition from Chad Pennington. 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Chad Henne welcomes competition from Chad Pennington.
From the sunsentinel:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-dolphins-chad-henne-notebook-0302-20100301,0,1390734.story

That is the type of attitude we need at the QB position for years to come.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:22 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Post Re: Chad Henne welcomes competition from Chad Pennington.
They make it sound as if it were his idea to resign Pennington when in actuality he was prompted via a question that hypothetically mentioned a return from Pennington, in which case Henne said he'd love the idea...as if he'd say "I want the job all to myself. To heck with my mentor."

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:25 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

In my oppinion, Chad Pennington should remain a Dolphin for the rest of his career... Put them on 2nd string or even as a QB's coach (you name it).

I said it before and I say it again. Jets made a big mistake by letting him go (for Favre)... Let's not make the same mistake... Its more than a player you're keeping here... I guess some of you guys get me.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:32 pm
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

And Sparano made a STUPID mistake by not letting Pennington on the sidelines on gameday to help out Henne.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:33 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dan wrote:
In my oppinion, Chad Pennington should remain a Dolphin for the rest of his career... Put them on 2nd string or even as a QB's coach (you name it).

I said it before and I say it again. Jets made a big mistake by letting him go (for Favre)... Let's not make the same mistake... Its more than a player you're keeping here... I guess some of you guys get me.

Well the Jets mistake was not only letting him get to the Dolphins, but he was still a pretty decent player. Right now, he's on his third shoulder surgery...there can't be much left if anything in that arm.

I really don't think there is a roster spot for a guy with no arm...as a coach? I'm all for that.

Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:36 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Iowafin wrote:
I really don't think there is a roster spot for a guy with no arm...as a coach? I'm all for that.

Even with the cannon arm behind center the Fins still didnt stretch the field....

Pennington would be a great #3, he can have the job of working with Lee on the sidelines and getting reads...

And lets face it. White, Thigpen, Pennington... Which one would you rather have step in as the starter in Henne goes down?

Cause there are 3 QB's with no arm, and 2 of them have yet to successfully run a conventional offense....

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

10acjed wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Even with the cannon arm behind center the Fins still didnt stretch the field....

Pennington would be a great #3, he can have the job of working with Lee on the sidelines and getting reads...

And lets face it. White, Thigpen, Pennington... Which one would you rather have step in as the starter in Henne goes down?

Cause there are 3 QB's with no arm, and 2 of them have yet to successfully run a conventional offense....

I'd like to have Thigpen coming in if Henne goes down. Thigpen has an arm, did you not see it against the Steelers with that bomb to Bess?
Who gives a crap about conventional offense...what is a conventional offense? Before the Oilers decided the shotgun was cool everyone thought that was gimmicky and would never work and now it's a staple of the "conventional" offense. If what you do scores, who cares how you do it?

Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:56 pm
Phins 2 Phins
Phins 2 Phins

Quote:
If what you do scores, who cares how you do it?

I have been saying this for a long time! Isn't that after all what the whole game is about?
Regarding the Pennington/Henne situation; I wouldn't mind Pennington coming back, I think Henne and Thigpen could both learn a lot from him. IMO though he can't be the starter, he doesn't have the arm to stretch the field like these two other guys do. All we're missing now is a WR

"News, info and discussions about the Miami Dolphins, their players and the season..."

Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]