View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Can free agency drastically improve the Miami Dolphins? 
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Post Can free agency drastically improve the Miami Dolphins?
Quote:

Speaking of strong safeties, Gibril Wilson WILL BE BACK. (put down the pitch folks). The Trifecta’s thinking is last year was Wilson’s first in a 3-4 scheme, and it’s a learning curve to grasp that scheme. Also, Mike Nolan’s addition as defensive coordinator should help, Will Allen’s return from his ACL injury with strengthen the unit, and the rookie cornerbacks Sean Smith and Vontae Davis gaining experience SHOULD help the coverages improve.
IF Wilson flops again….
1. the Dolphins can always cut him early into the season and walk away from the contract before it becomes guaranteed.
2. Yeremiah Bell could swap spots with him, becoming the free safety, allowing Wilson to work closer to the line of scrimmage as the strong. Bell showed off his ball skills and range last season.
3. Chris Clemons and Tyrone Culver will be in a better position to replace Bell now that they both have more playing experience. Don’t sleep on Culver because I’m told he’s blossoming.
4. It’s possible a quality veteran the Trifecta has history with, like Hamlin, will be on the market looking for work, and willing to take a discount.
5. Expect the Dolphins to use one of their LATER draft picks on one of the safeties in this deep crop of safety talent. Safeties usually don’t have high draft value, so a prospect like LSU’s Chad Jones, Florida’s Major Wright, Georgia Tech’s Morgan Burnett and FSU’s Myron Rolle could be found in rounds four and on.
I’m sure you don’t like the plan, but it’s a fiscally responsible one, which seems to be the theme these days.
Deuces (I’ll be trying to get some rest considering I’m working LATE tonight…oops…Friday morning)

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_fo ... l+Blogs%29

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:25 am
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Can free agency drastically improve the Miami Dolphins?
I work with Major Wright's cousin, and I know he;d love to play in his hometown, but I think he should have stayed one more year at UF.

Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:10 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Can free agency drastically improve the Miami Dolphins?
Lmao @ option 2....

Put YB at FS?? WTH?

Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]