Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:19 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/ ... oad_w.html

I wish Tony Sparano the best. I think the guy definitely worked hard and it is too bad that after that terrific start in 2008 that our fans are now watching this franchise hire yet another coach in the quest to lead Miami to being a winner again.

I had the luxury that year in 08 to have attended 6 of those home games including the playoff loss to Baltimore. That was so much fun watching them win those games and the electricfying atmosphere at the start of that playoff game. Cannot wait until Miami someday gets back on top again.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:22 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Thanks Tony!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:56 am 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Never disliked the guy. May have questioned him, but always respected the effort he put in for us.

In my opinion he got the short end of the stick, this teams failure falls squarely on Bill Parcells for screwing his friends Sparano & Ireland.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:01 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I wouldn't expect anything other than the high road from Sparano. Hopefully he finds success with another team.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:39 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

How did Tony get the 'poor end of the stick'? He was the head coach. He didn't posses the knowledge requisite to the job. He didn't prepare his team. He didn't know what an "adjustment" was. He couldn't put together an offensive line. ect ect ect
Tony got paid to do a job for which he didn't live up to. We can bemoan his disadvantages and feel sorry for him, but the bottom line is that he wasn't incapable of changing the outcome. He simply didn't deliver. He is a great guy and I'm sure he will once again make a wonderful assistant, but I don't feel bad for him in the least.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:57 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

Phin wrote:
How did Tony get the 'poor end of the stick'? He was the head coach. He didn't posses the knowledge requisite to the job. He didn't prepare his team. He didn't know what an "adjustment" was. He couldn't put together an offensive line. ect ect ect
Tony got paid to do a job for which he didn't live up to. We can bemoan his disadvantages and feel sorry for him, but the bottom line is that he wasn't incapable of changing the outcome. He simply didn't deliver. He is a great guy and I'm sure he will once again make a wonderful assistant, but I don't feel bad for him in the least.

Well said

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I don't think in the least bit that Sparano got the short end of the stick. He seemed to be a nice guy, he was professional, seemingly liked by his players, but at the end of the day he did not produce in his role as head coach and this team is simply not headed into the right direction, but he has had PLENTY of time and opportunity to have coached this team to win and with a fair shake and support from the owner.

I wish him well, but certainly don't feel sorry for him. The guy is getting a very healthy salary, he will survive and land elsewhere too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:46 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I agree with the sentiments of several of you. Sparano did his best. It just wasn't good enough. Thanks Tony for everything. I'm sure you will land on your feet. Good luck to you, except when you play vs the Dolphins!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

At the end of the day Tony has nobody to blame but himself. The guy was brought into Miami to coach up a young team on the rebuild and improve little by little each year. Instead he progressively got worse and worse. Had Sparano taken advantage of his opportunity and done a better job coaching then this team would be a playoff team right now instead of a laughing stock. Tony Sparano is better off being an assistant somewhere else and the Miami Dolphins are better off not having him as their head coach. It was simply a bad fit. Sparano wasn't up to the job.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:09 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

I agree with most of the opinions here but Sparano was hung out to dry especially by Ireland. These guys were a trifecta & then a tandem. Ireland boarded the plane with Ross to go lure Harbaugh. Never had Sparanos back , never crawled out from under his rock at 0-7. Instead he kisses a Ross' a$$ during that mock press conference in which they tried to save face by giving Sparano an extension. Then he finally speaks after Sparano is fired in which these 2 low life's actually have Sparano do his Monday press conference , they dont even have the class to do this before he speaks to the media & thinks he is preparing to coach a game next week.
Like I said , Sparano did not deserve to come back next season but he did not deserve to be treated like this either , the tone for the season was set when Burt & Ernie boarded that plane making Sparano an interim coach at best.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:40 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
I agree with most of the opinions here but Sparano was hung out to dry especially by Ireland. These guys were a trifecta & then a tandem. Ireland boarded the plane with Ross to go lure Harbaugh. Never had Sparanos back , never crawled out from under his rock at 0-7. Instead he kisses a Ross' butt during that mock press conference in which they tried to save face by giving Sparano an extension. Then he finally speaks after Sparano is fired in which these 2 low life's actually have Sparano do his Monday press conference , they dont even have the class to do this before he speaks to the media & thinks he is preparing to coach a game next week.
Like I said , Sparano did not deserve to come back next season but he did not deserve to be treated like this either , the tone for the season was set when Burt & Ernie boarded that plane making Sparano an interim coach at best.

Your really hung up on this 'being hung out to dry' bit. I still don't see what Ireland ever did to Tony that is so horrible. Ireland has done his job; he reports to the owner, not the head coach. I think you just don't like the guy and are looking for any reason you can bash him or the owner. Your entitled to your opinion, but I see nothing in your logic that would draw me to the same conclusions. Ireland may not be the nicest guy in the world, but I don't get the animosity.

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]