All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:15 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
I want final predictions on who Miami signs, (if anybody)...

My personal prediction:

We don't sign anybody really noteworthy. Lol...I think one guy that could surprise, (even though I'm not a fan of spending a lot on a FS), is Ryan Clark from the Steelers. Hard hitting, playmaker, fast....I think a more mature version of Chris Clemons.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Trade for Brandon Marshall, sign Karlos Dansby, sign Antrel Rolle

Trade Ginn for a 4th rounder, trade Fasano for a 5th rounder, package a few 6's, 7's and 5's to get into the 4th round, to make it 2nd, 3rd, two 4th's, a 5th and a 7.
Draft Jerry Hughes with the 2nd rounder, Cam Thomas with the 3rd, Colin Peek with one of the 4's and this team is ready to go.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:24 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
That simple huh??

On a side note, Thomas might not get to us in the 2nd.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phins Rock wrote:
That simple huh??

On a side note, Thomas might not get to us in the 2nd.


Lol..yep. You mean the 3rd? Or do you mean he might not even last through the 2nd

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:52 am
Posts: 68
sign dansby, rolle, and sneak in the back door and snag peppers while everyone is looking at the front door.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:30 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
I mean he might not get to us in the 2nd.

Thomas was a monster in the Senior Bowl, and with so many teams switching to the 34 or still looking for a NT.......We'll be lucky.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:31 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
xraytaylor wrote:
sign dansby, rolle, and sneak in the back door and snag peppers while everyone is looking at the front door.


To be honest, I don't think Pepper gets signed until 2 or 3 weeks from now. He is going to be in for a rood awakening tonight.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Phins Rock wrote:
I mean he might not get to us in the 2nd.

Thomas was a monster in the Senior Bowl, and with so many teams switching to the 34 or still looking for a NT.......We'll be lucky.


I don't know, I think he could slip. If he doesn't, like many others have said, "Parcells finds good NT's late in the draft." If that is true, they have plenty of late round picks to find one. There will still be plenty to pick from come the 3rd round too.

Honestly, I'm really hoping for this Marshall thing to happen. I understand the risk, but for all intensive purposes, the risk/reward for many college players is the same...if not for legal trouble, then for work ethic or physical ability. IF Marshall loses it and gets thrown in jail, it'd be similar to McClain or Bryant being a flop of a pick. IF Marshall stays on the field....wow, what a difference maker...can McClain or Bryant be that difference maker? Nobody really knows, you know with Marshall.

Know what I'm saying? The reward is huge, while rookies reward are rarely immediately huge...Marshall will be.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:45 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Oh I understand what he can do on the field.

I also know that he got in trouble time after time after time with a very regid owner, and in COLORADO.

Bring him to South Beach and......."wow" is right, but not in the way you used it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:53 pm
Posts: 5242
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Confuse the heck out of the Cardinals with all the guys they got on the block & trade for Fitzgerald ... maybe Pat White for him straight up.

I can wish , cant I??

_________________
GASE IS ON THE CASE!!! 2016 SB CHAMPIONS.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Sign Dansby shortly after midnight tonight. Draft Eric Berry or McClain if they should make it to us. If not, trade down with a team who wants Spiller and pick up an additional second rounder. Then draft the best available Safety, Nose and WR in the first two rounds. In no necessary order.. depending on BPA.

Also, I do think it's very possible that someone surprises us and snatches Ronnie for that first round tender and we don't match the offer sheet. At which point we would have an additional 1st round pick. I have mixed feelings about that though. I really like Ronnie Brown. But, another first rounder sounds really nice too.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: Hagerstown, MD
Iowafin wrote:
Trade for Brandon Marshall, sign Karlos Dansby, sign Antrel Rolle

Trade Ginn for a 4th rounder, trade Fasano for a 5th rounder, package a few 6's, 7's and 5's to get into the 4th round, to make it 2nd, 3rd, two 4th's, a 5th and a 7.
Draft Jerry Hughes with the 2nd rounder, Cam Thomas with the 3rd, Colin Peek with one of the 4's and this team is ready to go.


Why would we trade Fasano.. whom is a RFA.. who we just tendered for a 2nd round pick for a 5th rounder. . :hithead:

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
hypocritex wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Trade for Brandon Marshall, sign Karlos Dansby, sign Antrel Rolle

Trade Ginn for a 4th rounder, trade Fasano for a 5th rounder, package a few 6's, 7's and 5's to get into the 4th round, to make it 2nd, 3rd, two 4th's, a 5th and a 7.
Draft Jerry Hughes with the 2nd rounder, Cam Thomas with the 3rd, Colin Peek with one of the 4's and this team is ready to go.


Why would we trade Fasano.. whom is a RFA.. who we just tendered for a 2nd round pick for a 5th rounder. . :hithead:


It's just a tender, doesn't mean you can't still trade him.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:18 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 226
I'd like to see Jamal Williams come in for a workout and a physical.

_________________
Thanks for making the sig PZ.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 7023
Location: ELP, TX.
Iowafin wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Trade for Brandon Marshall, sign Karlos Dansby, sign Antrel Rolle

Trade Ginn for a 4th rounder, trade Fasano for a 5th rounder, package a few 6's, 7's and 5's to get into the 4th round, to make it 2nd, 3rd, two 4th's, a 5th and a 7.
Draft Jerry Hughes with the 2nd rounder, Cam Thomas with the 3rd, Colin Peek with one of the 4's and this team is ready to go.


Why would we trade Fasano.. whom is a RFA.. who we just tendered for a 2nd round pick for a 5th rounder. . :hithead:


It's just a tender, doesn't mean you can't still trade him.


Right, for a seconded....Why would we trade him for a 5th man.....LOL

No need to reply.

_________________
Image

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/finsradio

RIP Tom
RIP Tone


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Are you drunk, Hen?

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!
2016 MODERATOR, PHINFEVER LIVE!!!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am
Posts: 7023
Location: ELP, TX.
Iowafin wrote:
Are you drunk, Hen?


:)

No, I just thought maybe that would have made sense....

Fasano isn't going anywhere, unless someone ponies up a 2nd.

_________________
Image

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/finsradio

RIP Tom
RIP Tone


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:15 pm
Posts: 130
Location: El Paso, TX
Dansby.

If the rumors that he's boarding a plane to Miami in a few hours prove to be true.... I will be the one getting drunk tonight!!

_________________
Image
"Shula's the only coach I ever met who can take his'n & beat your'n, then take your'n & beat his'n."-Bum


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:15 pm
Posts: 130
Location: El Paso, TX
The Hen wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Are you drunk, Hen?


:)

No, I just thought maybe that would have made sense....

Fasano isn't going anywhere, unless someone ponies up a 2nd.


Not gonna happen. By all appearances, there should still be pretty good value at the tight end position in the 2nd round of the upcoming draft.

_________________
Image
"Shula's the only coach I ever met who can take his'n & beat your'n, then take your'n & beat his'n."-Bum


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:43 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 4104
FINesse wrote:
Confuse the heck out of the Cardinals with all the guys they got on the block & trade for Fitzgerald ... maybe Pat White for him straight up.

I can wish , cant I??


Lol... fo real??


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
The Hen wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
Are you drunk, Hen?


:)

No, I just thought maybe that would have made sense....

Fasano isn't going anywhere, unless someone ponies up a 2nd.


Haha ok just checkin

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
We sign Dansby. Ronnie Brown is traded for a 2nd round pick....and we trade our 1st pick for Brandon Marshall.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:57 am
Posts: 226
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
We sign Dansby. Ronnie Brown is traded for a 2nd round pick....and we trade our 1st pick for Brandon Marshall.



Image

Allright, Eagle-hair man! :D

_________________
-
A Dane lost on the internet, crashed here
-


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 1124
Location: Hagerstown, MD
FrustratedFinFan wrote:
We sign Dansby. Ronnie Brown is traded for a 2nd round pick....and we trade our 1st pick for Brandon Marshall.


Again guys... Ronnie Brown was just tendered for a first round pick. If another team wants him.. All they have to do is give up a 1st. Which tells me that Miami doesn't want to give him up that badly.. and it also tells me that they would never trade him for a second rounder or they would have tendered him as such.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:24 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:05 am
Posts: 8
Location: Jacksboro, TN
Dansby...we gotta lock this guy up


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:27 am 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 226
Phins Rock wrote:
To be honest, I don't think Pepper gets signed until 2 or 3 weeks from now. He is going to be in for a rood awakening tonight.


I think you're mistaken here. I think multiple teams will be after him and the redskins are one of them so the pricetag might be record breaking.

_________________
Thanks for making the sig PZ.


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:44 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Joined: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:05 am
Posts: 8
Location: Jacksboro, TN
as long as Peppers doesn't go to NE I don't care who he signs with


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:43 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:09 am
Posts: 774
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Looks like Peppers will be signing with Chicago today.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:39 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Yeah, he just signed with Chicago per Adam Schefter...

Man, the NFC North has a lot of good pass rushers. Let's hope Big Jake and Vernon can handle them all next season.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Malcolm Floyd needs to come in.
We've got the ILB, now get the big receiver.
Draft CJ Spiller, a DT, and a safety.
Trade Ginn for a 4th...get another receiver somewhere in there, maybe Jacoby Ford to replace Ginn.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6562
Iowafin wrote:
Malcolm Floyd needs to come in.
What would you be willing to give up to get Floyd? He comes with a 1st & 3rd tender


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:13 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:51 am
Posts: 226
What's the fascination with CJ Spiller? He's a good back but those guys are a dime a dozen and one of the strengths of the team. Drafting Spiller would be a WTF moment equal to "The Miami Dolphins select ... Ted Ginn (booooooo) WR (BOOOOOOOO) from (BRADY QUINN! BRADY QUINN!) Ohio State*.

_________________
Thanks for making the sig PZ.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:14 pm 
Offline
2016 MODERATOR
2016 MODERATOR

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Gentlax13 wrote:
What's the fascination with CJ Spiller? He's a good back but those guys are a dime a dozen and one of the strengths of the team. Drafting Spiller would be a WTF moment equal to "The Miami Dolphins select ... Ted Ginn (booooooo) WR (BOOOOOOOO) from (BRADY QUINN! BRADY QUINN!) Ohio State*.


+100000000000000000000000


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar
2016 MVP Donor!
2016 MVP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:23 pm
Posts: 6562
Gentlax13 wrote:
What's the fascination with CJ Spiller? He's a good back but those guys are a dime a dozen and one of the strengths of the team..
Dime a dozen? Don't think they are that available.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Big Dave, dolphans1 and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r