View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Dez Bryant will Not work out at Pro Day 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Post Dez Bryant will Not work out at Pro Day
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/09/bryant- ... s-pro-day/

Oklahoma State WR Dez Bryant will not participate in the school’s pro day Wednesday because of a left hamstring injury.

Bryant said last week at the NFL Scouting Combine that he would work out at the pro day, but apparently, the ailment that kept him from running in Indianapolis is still bothering him.

Bryant expects to be recovered soon, however, and will work out on either March 25 or March 29 in his hometown of Lufkin, Texas.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:15 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Post Re: Dez Bryant will Not work out at Pro Day
Lufkin isn't that far. I wonder if I can go watch the workout.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:01 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Kid getting the negative he got issues talk pretty good. I hope he has a solid Pro Day and is healthy and ready to go.

He indeed may have some maturity issues, but I think there is a lot of bluster being put out there in hopes that he will drop to a team in the lower portion of the draft. Teams will due there due diligence, and I remember the same talk about Vontae Davis last year.

I know I have Dan Williams in my mock last time to Miami at #12, but with most of the WR options in free agency pretty much gone, Dez is still a prime option at #12 for Miami.

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:18 pm
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

phinsfansc wrote:
I think there is a lot of bluster being put out there in hopes that he will drop to a team in the lower portion of the draft.

Could possibly be, as this article about Dez Bryant showed up yesterday ....

National Football Post wrote:
I spoke with several NFL coaches today — as well as a high-level NFL executive — who think that drafting Bryant is a major risk. One coach even brought up the idea that Bryant is not the type of receiver who would catch the ball in between the numbers, which is the same thing as talking about a receiver who will not go across the middle of the field.

link

.... but there are many media analysts pointing out his problems, too. I would stay away.

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:35 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

phinsfansc wrote:
Kid getting the negative he got issues talk pretty good. I hope he has a solid Pro Day and is healthy and ready to go.

He indeed may have some maturity issues, but I think there is a lot of bluster being put out there in hopes that he will drop to a team in the lower portion of the draft. Teams will due there due diligence, and I remember the same talk about Vontae Davis last year.

I know I have Dan Williams in my mock last time to Miami at #12, but with most of the WR options in free agency pretty much gone, Dez is still a prime option at #12 for Miami.

Jason Cole did an investigate piece on Bryant that exposes his lack of work ethic. I don't think he is employed by any NFL team.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:56 am
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Drafting WR in round 1 is just unwise.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:26 am
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

I do think these teams have to have a way to get there propaganda out there Rich. What better way than using a Jason Cole or a writer from another prominent website.

Just like with Vontae Davis, Miami and every team in the league will have to do there homework on the kid.

Last edited by phinsfansc on Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:17 am
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Dez Bryant WILL go to someone in the first round. No way the rumors slip him out of the first.

Hopefully, he has close family looking out for him and trying to help him with his outlook and attitude as he gets ready to sign a mega NFL contract. No question that this kid could become a star, but will he be the next Ryan Leaf type and flounder?

I hope not as I have seen him play a few times and he is something else talent wise.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:18 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

The real problem here with Dez is Deion Sanders. I was just reading a great article on ESPN the Mag on Deion, and it was not until Dez became associated with Sander that Dez began being late to class, practice...etc...basically , you know, pulling a Prime and being all me-me-me.

Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:39 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]