Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:38 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I found this as a very good read. Check out the article here:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bgwqc?utm_ ... i-dolphins

One thing I REALLY do not get...Kiper completely contradicted what he said in this article previously on his personal draft grade for Miami. He gave us a C, however in this article he has nothing but praise for every player we picked besides Randall.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:00 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

This is a nice article and actually most of the guys did grade out well and mostly all positive comments. We can only hope the draft plays out this well!!

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:13 am 
Phinfever Draft Guru
Phinfever Draft Guru

I know some people think Kiper is great but ever since Todd McShay began stealing his thunder he just comes across as cranky and combative. Almost like he's always second guessing what he says because he's worried about the guys' opinions.

He's just covering his butt on Tannehill (playing both sides of the argument) and funny enough it seemed Mike Mayock did the reverse 180 on draft weekend. He was very high on Tannehill and then during the draft said he should not have been a top 10 pick.

The only guys who were consistent on Tannehill all along was McShay and Pauline.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 12:12 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Kiper doesn't even do his own scouting. He has people do it for him.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:46 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

His perception of Philbin seems a bit off...

“(Coach) Joe Philbin is the guru of quarterback gurus,” Kiper went on. “He developed Matt Flynn and Aaron Rodgers (in Green Bay), and he not only developed them, he altered the delivery of Rodgers and he made Flynn tweak his mechanics."

Philbin had this to say about his time with Rodgers and Flynn:

"When asked what his involvement was in turning Rodgers from the 25th overall pick to Super Bowl MVP, Philbin answered, “I wouldn’t say a lot.” Philbin of course sat in on meetings with Rodgers and helped design the first 15 plays of each game, but didn’t have as much direct involvement with Rodgers as did other members of the Packers’ coaching staff.

“Tom Clements was quarterbacks coach, and Tom did a fantastic job,” Philbin said. “I was in their meetings two or three times a week, but I kept my big mouth shut because I believed in Tom Clements. So I don’t want to sit here and take a lot of credit for Aaron Rodgers at all.

...He’ll of course be heavily involved in setting the philosophies and timetable in which to develop Tannehill, but the coaches who will work with Tannehill day-to-day will be offensive coordinator/QB coach Mike Sherman and assistant quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor, both of whom worked with Tannehill at Texas A&M."

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:57 pm 
VIP Donor!
VIP Donor!

McShay and Kiper grade AFC east...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avrPKNe-zEM

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:55 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Rich wrote:
Kiper doesn't even do his own scouting. He has people do it for him.

Not being sarcastic, I just wanna, but where'd you hear that? That's crazy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:58 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

AFCMiamiEast wrote:
I found this as a very good read. Check out the article here:

http://bleacherreport.com/tb/bgwqc?utm_ ... i-dolphins

One thing I REALLY do not get...Kiper completely contradicted what he said in this article previously on his personal draft grade for Miami. He gave us a C, however in this article he has nothing but praise for every player we picked besides Randall.

Kiper gave us a C because despite his own admission that Tannehill was a perfect fit in Miami, he still had him rated as 18 on his big board. Everyone else we practically stole.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]