All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ




Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:53 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Quote:
Look around and you won’t see any protests, you don’t hear ex-players ripping the organization, and even the phones at the ticket office are ringing again. According to club chief executive officer Mike Dee, sales are now ahead of last year’s pace at this time.

“Last week was our strongest renewal week since February,” Dee said. “New sales are trending ahead of last year in both general seats and club seats.”

How did this happen?

Well, they still haven’t signed Peyton Manning. But they drafted Ryan Tannehill. They haven’t silenced the critics. But they broke their own silence and put out their own message.

They haven’t won a game. But they are winning some of you over.

“The people in this building aren’t deaf or blind; they know what’s out there and what people are saying about us,” a club executive told me over the weekend. “We monitor this stuff, and we’ve seen a change in how people are reacting, how fans are reacting, how people around the league are viewing us.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/06/2 ... tions.html

Just a few months ago this was a team that was missing out on coaches, missing out on players, and losing frustrated fans who couldn't understand the direction of the team. Now we've got a new coach, a new quarterback, and a new sense of direction. I think that our front office has been doing very well this offseason. You can see what they're doing, and if things go according to plan you can see this team being successful for a long time.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:42 am 
Offline
User avatar
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:43 pm
Posts: 5813
Location: Wellington, FL
As a loyal doplhin fans and a south floridian I can tell you that, the local fanbase anyway has been waiting for someone to finally step up and try to address the QB issue here in Miami.

Doesnt matter as much if it was a bit of a reach, or what the kid does. It just feels good to know we have the people making the decisions now that will be willing to take a chance to fill a teams biggest need...

Facts are facts, and while you can find a few average QB's here and there with rings, the teams competing year in and year out have a QB.........

_________________
Caution: Reply may contain sarcasm


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:33 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26206
Location: Miami, FL
The fickle mob will be back at it again if we start off slow this season.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:19 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2576
Location: NSW, Australia
Rich wrote:
The fickle mob will be back at it again if we start off slow this season.


Count on them being back after a bad game or two anywhere along the way.

These are people forming protests after 1/3 of an offseason.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
degs wrote:
Rich wrote:
The fickle mob will be back at it again if we start off slow this season.


Count on them being back after a bad game or two anywhere along the way.

These are people forming protests after 1/3 of an offseason.


They are people forming protests after 11 years without a playoff win and six losing seasons.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26206
Location: Miami, FL
Iowafin wrote:
degs wrote:
Rich wrote:
The fickle mob will be back at it again if we start off slow this season.


Count on them being back after a bad game or two anywhere along the way.

These are people forming protests after 1/3 of an offseason.


They are people forming protests after 11 years without a playoff win and six losing seasons.


Yes... like 11 people. Woohooooo!!!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:32 am 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2576
Location: NSW, Australia
Rich wrote:
Yes... like 11 people. Woohooooo!!!


I think it was closer to 12

;)


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:58 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
My point still stands.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26206
Location: Miami, FL
Iowafin wrote:
My point still stands.


Awesome for you!

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
My point still stands.


Awesome for you!


You get on a lot of people for "not adding anything" to the boards. I've noticed quite a few of these lately, and I'm not sure you could be more hypocritical.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am
Posts: 26206
Location: Miami, FL
Iowafin wrote:
Rich wrote:
Iowafin wrote:
My point still stands.


Awesome for you!


You get on a lot of people for "not adding anything" to the boards. I've noticed quite a few of these lately, and I'm not sure you could be more hypocritical.

Must be that time of the day again....

Image

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7530
Location: Massachusetts
Let's move on fellas...


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 1:38 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
Rich wrote:
The fickle mob will be back at it again if we start off slow this season.


I think it depends on who is starting at quarterback, I think guys like Garrard and Moore will have a much shorter leash now that Tannehill is in Miami. That being said, anything less than six wins wouldn't bode well for Tannehill.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:06 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2576
Location: NSW, Australia
wkloiber13 wrote:
Rich wrote:
The fickle mob will be back at it again if we start off slow this season.


I think it depends on who is starting at quarterback, I think guys like Garrard and Moore will have a much shorter leash now that Tannehill is in Miami. That being said, anything less than six wins wouldn't bode well for Tannehill.


I know patience isn't something any one of us wants, especially when we have had to exhibit so much of it for so long, but the knock on Tannehill is that he isn't "ready" for the NFL. So if he went out there and didn't win games his rookie year, what do people expect?

Peyton Manning led his team to 3 victories his rookie year.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:20 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
degs wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:
Rich wrote:
The fickle mob will be back at it again if we start off slow this season.


I think it depends on who is starting at quarterback, I think guys like Garrard and Moore will have a much shorter leash now that Tannehill is in Miami. That being said, anything less than six wins wouldn't bode well for Tannehill.


I know patience isn't something any one of us wants, especially when we have had to exhibit so much of it for so long, but the knock on Tannehill is that he isn't "ready" for the NFL. So if he went out there and didn't win games his rookie year, what do people expect?

Peyton Manning led his team to 3 victories his rookie year.


Yes, but here is the problem. Andy Dalton took the Bengals to the playoffs last year. Cam Newton set the rookie passing record last year. Both of thsoe teams got instant gratification. Dolphins fans will want that instant gratification if Tannehill is the starter. If Tannehill is put in, then the fans will assume that he is 100% ready to start and 100% ready to lead this team to a winning record. Fans want to win now, but that isn't always a reality, especially on a rebuilding team like ours.

I just hope that most people come around to the idea that if he plays this year in whatever capacity, it won't be the worst thing in the world. It's a good idea to develop your quarterback now so that in two to three years when the team is rebuilt around him we'll have successful team that can be competitive for a long time. That development could come on the sidelines this year, or it could come on the field. Either way he's going to be developing. If he starts the process will just be accelerated.

Another thing to consider is that Brady will likely be gone in a few years. The AFC East will be an open competition. This means if Tannehill turns out to be a good franchise quarteback that the division could be ours for the taking. Speeding up his development could be what is best for our future success.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:41 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2576
Location: NSW, Australia
The more I see of Tannehill, the more I believe in the guy, so I hope the coaching staff believes in him enough to get him on the field. I look forward to some great play by the guy. But I don't want him thrown to the wolves.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:07 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 5117
degs wrote:
The more I see of Tannehill, the more I believe in the guy, so I hope the coaching staff believes in him enough to get him on the field. I look forward to some great play by the guy. But I don't want him thrown to the wolves.


Every prospect is different. Some are ready right away, others take a season or two before they're ready. One thing I trust is that our staff will do what is right for Tannehill and the Dolphins. If he isn't ready, they won't force him in there week one, or even week sixteen for that matter. They understand that they have invested the future of this team in Tannehill, I don't think they'll risk that just to make a few more fans happy. If he's ready that's great, but if he isn't then so be it.


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:10 pm 
Offline
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:05 pm
Posts: 2576
Location: NSW, Australia
wkloiber13 wrote:
degs wrote:
The more I see of Tannehill, the more I believe in the guy, so I hope the coaching staff believes in him enough to get him on the field. I look forward to some great play by the guy. But I don't want him thrown to the wolves.


Every prospect is different. Some are ready right away, others take a season or two before they're ready. One thing I trust is that our staff will do what is right for Tannehill and the Dolphins. If he isn't ready, they won't force him in there week one, or even week sixteen for that matter. They understand that they have invested the future of this team in Tannehill, I don't think they'll risk that just to make a few more fans happy. If he's ready that's great, but if he isn't then so be it.


I totally agree. Guess I am just excited at the direction of the franchise for the first time in a LONG time. I've never wanted to be negative toward the Dolphins, but there has not been much reason to be positive. Now I am seeing things turn around...FINALLY!!!!

:grin: :grin: :grin:


Top
   
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:05 pm 
Offline
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2010 10:40 am
Posts: 279
Changes nothing IMHO. I think Tannehill was a bad pick, especially considering his underwhelming senior season relative to his supposed talent (a talented QB doesn't lose leads in the 4th quarter and wet the bed against top-40 defenses) and he will be a bust IMHO until he isn't.

Or, if you want a "Walk Hard" reference, the wrong kid died.

_________________
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:30 am
Posts: 2980
I bet Tannehill does not play in the regular season at all, until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs or have a huge lead in the 4th quarter of a game.

_________________
Image
Philbin's countenance exudes confidence!
1984 was so long ago...Will there ever be another rainbow?


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC-05:00


Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited | Chopped and modified by Coots | Original design by Prosk8r