All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:30 pm 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Wednesdays

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d828e7b59/article/brady-welker-roll-in-high-fashion-at-kentucky-derby

If anything personifies this pretty-boy QB it's this ridiculous article. Please, God, let us have real football news soon. I just want so bad to see him frustrated and ranting on the sideline as our defense befuddles him and Wake rearranges his pretty nose.

Sorry, that was hateful.

But honest.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I actually don't hate him at all.

6th rounder who's game has risen to among the league's greats. Furiously competitive ..... I respect that.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:35 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Rock Sexton wrote:

6th rounder who's game has risen to among the league's greats. Furiously competitive ..... I respect that.

And we all know how he did it.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:49 am 

I respect his athletic accomplishments. I can't stand his pretty-boy image, that doesn't mean I don't respect him as an athlete. He drives me nuts precisely because he is so good on the field.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 4:39 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TommyNoleFin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

And we all know how he did it.

You can fault Bellichick all you want. Like it or not, Brady has done a stellar job with or without videotapes. None of us like his pretty boy image, but only the least intelligent do not respect the guy for what he has done on the field

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:22 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

All Brady does is win ball games and is a hall of famer. I suppose he can do whatever he wants and doesn't care what others think, just like that retarded dance of his that was caught on tape and went viral.

Let's hope Tannehill can even have a successful NFL career and even come half close to what Tom Brady has accomplished throughout his career. My hope is that the torch gets passed to Tannehill in the AFC East as the best QB.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 5:31 am 
Phinfever Blog Writer - Post Game

So if Brady is a pretty boy, what does it say about our team that we've been having trouble beating the pretty boy lately?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 6:08 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Is it enough to say I hate him BECAUSE he is a Patriot? If not, how 'bout him eliminating some pretty good Dolphin Teams from the playoffs and then find out they cheated when that happened. If that's not enough, yeah the gay, ace-ventura look should just about make my frggin day!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:13 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Is it enough to say I hate him BECAUSE he is a Patriot?

TOTALLY understandable. But, like it or not (and I doubt any of us like it), you have to respect the guys ability on the field.

Last edited by degs on Mon May 07, 2012 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:14 am 

Rich wrote:
So if Brady is a pretty boy, what does it say about our team that we've been having trouble beating the pretty boy lately?

Absolutely nothing, because his off-the-field image has no impact on how he plays on the field. On the field, he is one of the best quarterbacks of our generation, obviously. I already said that I respect his athletic accomplishments. That doesn't mean I have to like him.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 8:52 am 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

I guess you could put me in the "Hate the man/Respect the player" camp.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 9:18 am 

k-dash wrote:
Absolutely nothing, because his off-the-field image has no impact on how he plays on the field. On the field, he is one of the best quarterbacks of our generation, obviously. I already said that I respect his athletic accomplishments. That doesn't mean I have to like him.

He's also one of the toughest QBs... so I don't really give much credence to the "pretty boy" label.

It's kind of silly actually, which was my point.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:29 am 
Snorton Norton
Snorton Norton

Tough?

But he's on IR every freaking week.

Then of course he shows up to play.

Joking aside. You have to honestly say that any accomplishment that he's reached has been forever tarnished by game tapes.

Yes he is obviously a stud at QB. But how much of his wins have been stat-padded?

None of Belicheat's team players should get any more respect than whatever is now considered of Pete Rose.

Forever tarnished!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:42 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rick wrote:
Tough?

But he's on IR every freaking week.

Then of course he shows up to play.

Joking aside. You have to honestly say that any accomplishment that he's reached has been forever tarnished by game tapes.

Yes he is obviously a stud at QB. But how much of his wins have been stat-padded?

None of Belicheat's team players should get any more respect than whatever is now considered of Pete Rose.

Forever tarnished!

I agree with this. 14-7 snowbowl. Bruschi starts moving into the lane before the WR. That might have been a great play by a great player but in light of the taping of other teams signals and their game preparation, it is tarnished along with any accomplishment the Patriots have had. http://www.bradying.com greatest sight EVER

Last edited by NFLJunkie on Tue May 08, 2012 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:43 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Image :)

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:26 am 
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Augggg! Brady is NOT good-looking. What I have seen/read in the media, I am not impressed by his personality.

Yes, I hate the Patriots, however I can acknowledge he has alot of athletic ability - that's his only strong attibute I can find.

I am not bias against all Pat's, Ted Bruschi is quite good looking. Hehehe. Of course the hottest NFL player is Jason Taylor, don't think there is any NFL players easier on the eyes than him. =)

Whew! That got my heart pumping.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:27 pm 
Phinfever Global Moderator

Honestly , I have never seen a QB put the ball on the mark like Brady , he seems to hit his receivers right in stride.
I have no doubt however that Tannehill at the end of his career will be the better QB.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 2:31 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
Honestly , I have never seen a QB put the ball on the mark like Brady , he seems to hit his receivers right in stride.
I have no doubt however that Tannehill at the end of his career will be the better QB.

:)

This guy.....

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:19 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:

Better than Brady?

How about we get to better than Matt Moore and David Garrard first.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Better than Brady?

How about we get to better than Matt Moore and David Garrard first.

umm, that was a tongue in cheek comment by Finesse.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 5:02 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
umm, that was a tongue in cheek comment by Finesse.

K ... I was like WTF ....

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 6:18 pm 

Look guys , its like this. I am ready for some football. It's the old broken record syndrome. Brady sucks , I hate him , he cheated , our guy is / gonna be the best , we have had the best draft , I am finally proud to be a Dolphin fan again , our draft was great , we finally got a good regime , we got a steal , do I need to go on??
Bottom line is if you want to change the perception you have to win , you have to be better than your opponents & you have to do it year after year. Lets have a successful season by winning , not saying it was a success because the Pats once again lost in the super bowl , the Jets imploded or there are no undefeated teams so the 72 guys will still have their 15 minutes.
Its the off season so I know these threads dominate. For the record , yeah its great to address needs with the draft but until you actually have filled those needs you just dont know. Last I looked we are still the team with one playoff appearance in the last 10 years but hey , our first round pick has a hot wife. Lets hope he gets just as lucky on Sundays.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I was gonna post something but in light of the above, I'll see you guys in August...lol. :embarrassed:

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 6:24 pm 

Ironically, I tried to say in my original post that I'm hungry for some real news and less hype and hyperbole. This however inspired much of both, particularly when it comes to Brady. Look, I don't like his Hollywood image and maybe I resent his charmed life just a wee bit more than I would if he were the Dolphins QB, but nonetheless the man is a great football player. Just seeing him pimp dressing with former Dolphin Welker makes me throw up in my mouth a little, that's all.

Bring on training camp! Let's see the team come together so I can stop thinking about such drivel.

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]