All times are UTC-05:00

Phinfever Home Page

Phinfever Chatroom

Phinfever FAQ

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:38 pm 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

Brandon Marshall running his mouth again. Take him Chicago, he's all yours. When he starts dividing your locker room, don't come crying to us.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8 ... line_stack

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:29 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

He's unfortunately correct in one regard, we truly don't have a difference maker at the quarterback position yet, unless of course Tannehill is ready much sooner than anticipated. Moore is a overhyped backup and Garrard is in his mid-30s and just coming off of major back surgery. Until Tannehill is ready to go, we're not going anywhere of significance, because I don't see Moore or Garrard getting us anywhere near the playoffs. Not this season, or next for that matter. If the Dolphins want to return to the playoffs any time soon, this Tannehill kid is going to have to grow up quick. The unfortunate part of that is he might not be ready this year, I hope he is, but the chances of him starting right away are under 50% in my opinion. The chances of him playing at some point this year I'd say are over 50% simply because we might be out of contention late in the year.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:33 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
He's unfortunately correct in one regard, we truly don't have a difference maker at the quarterback position yet, unless of course Tannehill is ready much sooner than anticipated. Moore is a overhyped backup and Garrard is in his mid-30s and just coming off of major back surgery. Until Tannehill is ready to go, we're not going anywhere of significance, because I don't see Moore or Garrard getting us anywhere near the playoffs. Not this season, or next for that matter. If the Dolphins want to return to the playoffs any time soon, this Tannehill kid is going to have to grow up quick. The unfortunate part of that is he might not be ready this year, I hope he is, but the chances of him starting right away are under 50% in my opinion. The chances of him playing at some point this year I'd say are over 50% simply because we might be out of contention late in the year.

You calling somebody over-hyped is hilarious.

BTW, who around the league is hyping Matt Moore up?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:05 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

You calling somebody over-hyped is hilarious.

BTW, who around the league is hyping Matt Moore up?

I'm talking about Dolphins fans like you, not anyone with any football sense. Everyone who has ever played football or just paid attention last year would tell you the guy isn't a long term solution for any team.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:02 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

I'm shocked Marshall even knows who Jerry Rice is.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:34 am 
Phinfever Ring of Honor
Phinfever Ring of Honor

I'm shocked Marshall knows who Jerry Rice is as well. I'm even more shocked somebody changed the title of this thread.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:18 am 
Phinfever Global Moderator

This is Brandon Marshall he will never change. The best move of the off season might be the move to trade him. We knew this when we got him but of course back then we thought just as the Chicago fans are thinking he just needs a new environment with a fresh start. Just as we made excuses for him while he was here , Bears fans will do the same.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:25 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Well now Marshall is back with his pro bowl caliber difference making QB, Im sure they will push GB back down to 2nd place in that Div......

LOL

Marshall + Cutler in Denver 2006 - 2009, Pro Bowl Appearances Marshall 2, Cutler 1, Playoff Appearances 0

Yup, that pro bowl caliber QB + WR combo is surely impressive, 3 years in the AFC West and you dont even make the playoffs.....

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:02 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
I'm talking about Dolphins fans like you, not anyone with any football sense. Everyone who has ever played football or just paid attention last year would tell you the guy isn't a long term solution for any team.

Saying he should get to compete for the starting job is overhyping him? That's a laugher.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:04 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

You do have a tendency to defend him in just about every thread. You also are clear in your dislike of Tannehill; to each their own.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:42 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
You do have a tendency to defend him in just about every thread. You also are clear in your dislike of Tannehill; to each their own.

Defending and overhyping are two separate issues. WK13 on the other hand is an addict for speaking in superlatives. Moore is a permanent backup and Tannehill is a certified lock to be one of the better QB's in the league.

I don't "dislike" Tannehill. I just don't drool all over him and find his skill sets to be overhyped. Don't you just love that word? There is talent there, but we've seen these late draft board movers before. I'll wait until I actually see this kid play a pro down before I start gathering thoughts on his future in this league.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:35 am 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

all Marshall is good for is catching a bunch of short passes and taking on contact. He's basically a tight end. Not a top 10 receiver in my opinion. Almost zero big plays and is allergic to the end zone.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:22 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Brandon got what he wanted, so he should be happy and move one. Matt Moore may not be special or elite, but he help Marshall put up some pretty darn good number.

It's Marshall's own fault that he did not have double digit touchdowns. He dropped at least 5 or 6 touchdown passes.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:49 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Brandon Marshall can't stay out of trouble, does not like criticism, is not coach-able, selfish, not a team player, a woman beater, and the list goes on.

How is this guy going to even put himself in the same sentence as Jerry Rice! Rice wouldn't have dropped all those TD's last season.

Joe Philbin probably read this guy so quick and told Ireland to ship him the H*ll out! Get what ever you can for him and ship him out of here. I am so glad we ended up getting Philbin over Jeff Fisher. Philbin is here to win and not baby sit children who can't stay out of trouble.

"the fit as far as philosophy-wise just wasn't there." So Marshall is basically saying he wasn't going to be effective in our offense? What competitive player says that? He is so fake! I would have taken two 4th round picks for Marshall. That man never takes responsibility for his actions/mistakes on or off the field... So now every mistake he commits is a result of his disorder? C'mon...

"Dump her."
"Just like that?"
"She's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the
iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast."

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:09 pm 

On April 14th , 2010 opinion was that Brandon Marshall was a top 10 receiver , in fact opinion was that he was in that elite status. A select few of us knew otherwise. Getting rid of him was a good move.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:27 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:
On April 14th , 2010 opinion was that Brandon Marshall was a top 10 receiver , in fact opinion was that he was in that elite status. A select few of us knew otherwise. Getting rid of him was a good move.

"A select few of us knew otherwise"?
pfffft....
Not sure how that adds up since he was an elite receiver before coming here.
We didn't have a quarterback capable of putting the ball in his hands in stride, or of delivering the long ball consistently. While I put much of last year's disappointment on his shoulders (in regards to his performance), it would not surprise me to see the guy regain some glory in Chicago.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:28 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:

Defending and overhyping are two separate issues. WK13 on the other hand is an addict for speaking in superlatives. Moore is a permanent backup and Tannehill is a certified lock to be one of the better QB's in the league.

I don't "dislike" Tannehill. I just don't drool all over him and find his skill sets to be overhyped. Don't you just love that word? There is talent there, but we've seen these late draft board movers before. I'll wait until I actually see this kid play a pro down before I start gathering thoughts on his future in this league.

I'm just saying that when Moore's name comes up, most of what you say is positive about him. When Tannehill's name comes up, most of what you post or quote is negative about him. It's pretty obvious, not matter how neutral your pretending to be, where you stand with these guys. There isn't much neutrality in your posts.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:38 pm 
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

I just read what Marshall said and I am not seeing anything offensive in it. Am I missing something?

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:12 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

I agree Big Dave. I don't care for the guy personally, too many drops, but I didn't find anything wrong with what he said.

With that said, when he doesn't get his way he will tear that locker room apart.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:41 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Phin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:
Phin wrote:

I'm just saying that when Moore's name comes up, most of what you say is positive about him. When Tannehill's name comes up, most of what you post or quote is negative about him. It's pretty obvious, not matter how neutral your pretending to be, where you stand with these guys. There isn't much neutrality in your posts.

Phin makes a great point. When it comes to Moore, all you can talk about is what he did last year, but you never seem to concede what Moore cannot do. And if you look at his numbers, there is a whole lot he cannot do. When it comes to Tannehill, all you can talk about is what he cannot do, not what he can do. Perhaps if you paid attention to what has transpired over the offseason you'd realize that our staff and fan base are higher on Tannehill than Moore at this point. They want to see this kid get in there sooner than later and not delay the inevitable. These fans also see the big picture, and that is Tannehill leading this team back to the playoffs.

The plan for Tannehill is to be our franchise quarterback. That's the plan for him. Nobody knows what the plan for Moore is, and that is because he's not seen as a long term player for us. He's simply a carry over from the Sparano era. He's a solid backup, I'll give you that. But he just isn't starting material in my opinion. I've never said Tannehill is a lock to be great, I've only said things like I can see why they like him, and that he's a great prospect. I've never said he's a lock to be anything other than our future starter. It's almost impossible to predict what a rookie will or will not be. But you can judge them by what they have said and done thus far. I've liked what little I have seen of Tannehill thus far.

Last edited by wkloiber13 on Fri May 11, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 3:43 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

miamifanmark wrote:
I agree Big Dave. I don't care for the guy personally, too many drops, but I didn't find anything wrong with what he said.

With that said, when he doesn't get his way he will tear that locker room apart.

Cutler will feed him the ball, and that team will live and die at the hands of Marshall. It's the way things were in Denver when they played together. They did put up some nice stats, but not too many wins.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:05 pm 
Phinfever Rookie
Phinfever Rookie

TheCarver13 wrote:
Brandon Marshall can't stay out of trouble, does not like criticism, is not coach-able, selfish, not a team player, a woman beater, and the list goes on.

How is this guy going to even put himself in the same sentence as Jerry Rice! Rice wouldn't have dropped all those TD's last season.

Joe Philbin probably read this guy so quick and told Ireland to ship him the H*ll out! Get what ever you can for him and ship him out of here. I am so glad we ended up getting Philbin over Jeff Fisher. Philbin is here to win and not baby sit children who can't stay out of trouble.

"the fit as far as philosophy-wise just wasn't there." So Marshall is basically saying he wasn't going to be effective in our offense? What competitive player says that? He is so fake! I would have taken two 4th round picks for Marshall. That man never takes responsibility for his actions/mistakes on or off the field... So now every mistake he commits is a result of his disorder? C'mon...

"Dump her."
"Just like that?"
"She's a selfish broad and all you're seeing is the tip of the
iceberg. You dump her and you dump her fast."

I couldent agree anymore with you, if Brandon caught half the touchdowns that hit his hands in the endzone this year I wouldent dislike him so much I think that would be true for most of us. He is a baby and for over 10 games last season, I wanted him gone and at that point I would have been happy with getting nothing for him as long as he was not on the team. I think the two thirds we got for him was great.

But I really dont see a problem with what he said in this article, and if the Bears get the WR we thought we would get 2 years ago they will be a lot better off. I am just happy hes not here anymore ethier way.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:11 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Big Dave wrote:
I just read what Marshall said and I am not seeing anything offensive in it. Am I missing something?

I definitely don't think Marshall is saying anything offensive. But he definitely does say things that are ridiculous. He is also a hypocrite. When he first got here he praised Chad Henne, following season he's throwing him under the bus and praising Thigpen. Now that he's not a Dolphin, he's throwing Matt Moore under the bus. Its just funny cause he dropped about 5 TD passes. He dropped about 12 balls all season long and was tied for second worst in the league. He was given a chance in Miami and all he was asked was to stay out of trouble and score TDs, well he couldn't do neither. He is not Jerry Rice and should never ever compare himself to Jerry Rice. Maybe he will change, but I doubt it...

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:50 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
Phin makes a great point. When it comes to Moore, all you can talk about is what he did last year, but you never seem to concede what Moore cannot do. And if you look at his numbers, there is a whole lot he cannot do. When it comes to Tannehill, all you can talk about is what he cannot do, not what he can do. Perhaps if you paid attention to what has transpired over the offseason you'd realize that our staff and fan base are higher on Tannehill than Moore at this point. They want to see this kid get in there sooner than later and not delay the inevitable. These fans also see the big picture, and that is Tannehill leading this team back to the playoffs.

Phin does not make a great point. I am not hyping Matt Moore. I have maintained he's deserving of competing the starting spot for this year. I've fully attested to what Matt Moore cannot do "yet" ..... from eliminating holding the ball too long and proving he can win in crunch time. Alas, his body of work with a functional offense and O-Line is too small to come to a conclusion yet. But Tannehill can already lead us to a playoff game right? LOL.

What has transpired besides literally being dramatically influenced into drafting some QB talent (regardless of what Ireland has said) by an irate fan base? This is a man who previously was slated for 2nd round status before other QB's backed out and he had a pro day of some pitch and catch. Nothing changed about the guy who couldn't put the team on his back vs. upper echelon competition in college. But that's the fault of the players around him right? Not for Matt Moore right with guys like Marshall dropping TD's and his O-line having him run for his life? Familiarity in a QB desperate league got the kid drafted at #8, a spot with immense expectations ..... not the talent alone.

Speaking of his talent .... the guy is confident, can really hit the outside patterns and is extremely athletic for the position, but he lacks the consistency in the middle of the field, hitting his WR's in stride (as opposed to traditional WCO comeback routes) ..... but the biggest knock him was his production in pressure situations (big disparity) .... and this is a guy in another thread you're hyping to get a Week 1 start? Wait til he sees a real NFL defense in full speed, especially if our O-line isn't settled yet. But wait, now you're going to tell me Jonathon Martin's transition to RT will be seemless and automatic. That train won't be late.

Quote:
The plan for Tannehill is to be our franchise quarterback. That's the plan for him. Nobody knows what the plan for Moore is, and that is because he's not seen as a long term player for us. He's simply a carry over from the Sparano era. He's a solid backup, I'll give you that. But he just isn't starting material in my opinion. I've never said Tannehill is a lock to be great, I've only said things like I can see why they like him, and that he's a great prospect. I've never said he's a lock to be anything other than our future starter. It's almost impossible to predict what a rookie will or will not be. But you can judge them by what they have said and done thus far. I've liked what little I have seen of Tannehill thus far.

The plan is to attempt to "develop" him into our franchise quarterback .... and now I see you're backing off your Tannehill hyperbole. I love it. You claim to have seen little and yet you already know he's a lock to be a future starter. You don't know the future of these guys any better than I do. There are no guarantees for either of them. However they're both young enough to groom. Unlike Garrard.

Make no mistake though from what I'm saying. The pressure is definitely on in Moore's case. He's playing out the last year of his contract. He will need to step up considerably. This offseason he'll get as good a chance as any with a full slate of OTA's, mini-camp, training camp, and preaseason.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:14 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

If Cutler stays healthy, Marshall has 100+ catches, that offense tears it up and the Bears win the NFC North. I'd put a sig bet on that.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:30 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Iowafin wrote:
If Cutler stays healthy, Marshall has 100+ catches, that offense tears it up and the Bears win the NFC North. I'd put a sig bet on that.

Cutler stays healthy?... Forget that, I think the real question is if Brandon Marshall stays out of trouble lol. We all know what Marshall is capable of. I just know the guy is trouble on and off the field.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:44 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:

I'm actually really curious to see that offense this year. It's loaded.

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:02 pm 
Phinfever Draft Anaylst
Phinfever Draft Anaylst

who cares if he catches a hundred balls!!!!!!! What does he do with the ball after he catches it?
I'm sick of the old "he caught 100 balls last year so he's an elite receiver" BS.
Didn't Danny Amendola have like 90 catches the other year, but averaged like 8 yards per catch.

that's like saying whichever running back finishes with the most carries is the best running back.

I'd rather have a guy like Mike Wallace who maybe catches 78 balls, but has a 19 yard average and catches 70 yard TD bombs that win games.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 3:16 am 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

Iowafin wrote:

Just like they did in the AFC West?

:pumpiron:

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:01 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

TheCarver13 wrote:
Iowafin wrote:

Cutler stays healthy?... Forget that, I think the real question is if Brandon Marshall stays out of trouble lol..

My point exactly....he won't be in trouble. He won't tear apart the lockerroom. Some people have a jaded view of his time in Miami.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:31 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

It's pretty clear judging by Brandon's comments about paying a receiver big money just to catch 65-70 balls and what Philbin has previously said about there not being a true No.1 that the relationship wasn't going to work. Hence why he's not here. The "Feed the Beast" mentality was a square peg in a round hole. Let's also not sit here and pretend the man doesn't voice displeasure. He's a fairly vocal guy. The new regime felt that it wasn't an asset to an offense and QB situation that's going to be in it's baby stages.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:24 pm 
2017 VIP Donor!
2017 VIP Donor!

I will add Rock...The fans just didn't like the guy anymore.

It was always to much drama .

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:35 pm 
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Plain and simple Brandon Marshall needed to go. The guy is selfish and only cares about himself. Stats is not what matters most in the NFL, wins are what matters, being a team player, being accountable, and working hard.

Anyone that wants to defend Brandon Marshall is completely blind.

Last edited by TheCarver13 on Sat May 12, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:35 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:

Phin does not make a great point. I am not hyping Matt Moore.

I'm sorry, where did I use the word hype?

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 4:01 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Phin does not make a great point. I am not hyping Matt Moore. I have maintained he's deserving of competing the starting spot for this year. I've fully attested to what Matt Moore cannot do "yet" ..... from eliminating holding the ball too long and proving he can win in crunch time. Alas, his body of work with a functional offense and O-Line is too small to come to a conclusion yet. But Tannehill can already lead us to a playoff game right? LOL.

What has transpired besides literally being dramatically influenced into drafting some QB talent (regardless of what Ireland has said) by an irate fan base? This is a man who previously was slated for 2nd round status before other QB's backed out and he had a pro day of some pitch and catch. Nothing changed about the guy who couldn't put the team on his back vs. upper echelon competition in college. But that's the fault of the players around him right? Not for Matt Moore right with guys like Marshall dropping TD's and his O-line having him run for his life? Familiarity in a QB desperate league got the kid drafted at #8, a spot with immense expectations ..... not the talent alone.

Speaking of his talent .... the guy is confident, can really hit the outside patterns and is extremely athletic for the position, but he lacks the consistency in the middle of the field, hitting his WR's in stride (as opposed to traditional WCO comeback routes) ..... but the biggest knock him was his production in pressure situations (big disparity) .... and this is a guy in another thread you're hyping to get a Week 1 start? Wait til he sees a real NFL defense in full speed, especially if our O-line isn't settled yet. But wait, now you're going to tell me Jonathon Martin's transition to RT will be seemless and automatic. That train won't be late.

Quote:

The plan is to attempt to "develop" him into our franchise quarterback .... and now I see you're backing off your Tannehill hyperbole. I love it. You claim to have seen little and yet you already know he's a lock to be a future starter. You don't know the future of these guys any better than I do. There are no guarantees for either of them. However they're both young enough to groom. Unlike Garrard.

Make no mistake though from what I'm saying. The pressure is definitely on in Moore's case. He's playing out the last year of his contract. He will need to step up considerably. This offseason he'll get as good a chance as any with a full slate of OTA's, mini-camp, training camp, and preaseason.

As far as me backing off of Tannehill, I haven't. I've simply said I think this kid has the potential to be great, I've never said he's a lock. That's simply you're assumption of what I think. If you paid attention to my posts you'd see that I've said multiple times that nobody knows what Tannehill will be. It's been my basic reason for why we shouldn't rule out Tannehill starting earlier than later.

You think we drafted Tannehill at #8 and we're not going to start him someday. I love how naive you are sometimes!!!
:)

As far as Tannehill taking us to the playoffs, I think Tannehill has that kind of potential to lead us to a playoff game someday, I'm not confident about Moore ever being able to do it. I feel that Tannehill has much more potential than Moore. I think that Moore has reached his full potential as a quarterback, or is extremely close to it. I feel that Tannehill is quite possibly just as good as Moore right now, and if he gets one season under his belt he will be much better than Moore.

When it comes to Moore being able to be groomed into a starter like you say, you sound like the same group of guys that gushed over Tyler Thigpen a couple of years ago. I said it then about Thigpen, and I'll say it now about Moore, he'll never be anything "Moore" than a decent backup and he'll be gone before we know it.

I still think Phin made a great point.
:ann0y:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:32 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

wkloiber13 wrote:
As far as me backing off of Tannehill, I haven't. I've simply said I think this kid has the potential to be great, I've never said he's a lock. That's simply you're assumption of what I think. If you paid attention to my posts you'd see that I've said multiple times that nobody knows what Tannehill will be. It's been my basic reason for why we shouldn't rule out Tannehill starting earlier than later.

You think we drafted Tannehill at #8 and we're not going to start him someday. I love how naive you are sometimes!!!

As far as Tannehill taking us to the playoffs, I think Tannehill has that kind of potential to lead us to a playoff game someday, I'm not confident about Moore ever being able to do it. I feel that Tannehill has much more potential than Moore. I think that Moore has reached his full potential as a quarterback, or is extremely close to it. I feel that Tannehill is quite possibly just as good as Moore right now, and if he gets one season under his belt he will be much better than Moore.

When it comes to Moore being able to be groomed into a starter like you say, you sound like the same group of guys that gushed over Tyler Thigpen a couple of years ago. I said it then about Thigpen, and I'll say it now about Moore, he'll never be anything "Moore" than a decent backup and he'll be gone before we know it.

Of course you think Phin made a great point. No big surprise there ..... Alas it's still funny because it's basically accusing me of hyping when you're the royal prince of Hype. Your handle is practically synonymous with it. Oh and people gushing over Tyler Thigpen? Ya, right. Then again you're also the same guy who gushes over every signing and undrafted rookie we bring in. LOL

Thank God though that your analysis of Tyler freakin Thigpen was so spot on. That was the jump off point for your amazing player evaluation of everybody else. Moore and Thigpen aren't even remotely the same QB's, not in skill set, not in anything. <insert emoticon here since that's apparently what wins arguments>

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 7:35 am 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Looks like no charges will be filed against him in the night club incident.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -incident/

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 2:20 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:

This is not surprising to me in the least. As I've said time and time again, his main problem is being with the wrong people at the wrong times.

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:45 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
wkloiber13 wrote:

Of course you think Phin made a great point. No big surprise there ..... Alas it's still funny because it's basically accusing me of hyping when you're the royal prince of Hype. Your handle is practically synonymous with it. Oh and people gushing over Tyler Thigpen? Ya, right. Then again you're also the same guy who gushes over every signing and undrafted rookie we bring in. LOL

Thank God though that your analysis of Tyler freakin Thigpen was so spot on. That was the jump off point for your amazing player evaluation of everybody else. Moore and Thigpen aren't even remotely the same QB's, not in skill set, not in anything. <insert emoticon here since that's apparently what wins arguments>

I understand you don't know the difference between optmism and gushing but come on man. Some of your statements are like the pot calling the kettle black.

Name one undrafted free agent I've gushed over except for Davone Bess, and that wasn't until he started looking really good in camp. Just because I like a prospect doesn't mean I'm "gushing" over the player and I'm definitely not "hyping" them as you say. Just because I choose to look at the upside of a player doesn't mean I ignore the holes in their game. There is a reason they weren't drafted, but I still know that sometimes good players slip through the cracks.

As for Thigpen, I never said they were similar players. You came up with that assumption all on you're own. I simply said that you're the type of fan that always covets other people's retreads. Its' why you were so infatuated with us getting Orton last year. The only similarity Thigpen and Moore have is they're both career backups, they aren't real long term starters. They are guys that can come off the bench and surprise once and a while. But you don't make those guys you're starter. If you do you're doomed for failure. It's why we've struggled all of these years since Marino.

There is only one place you find franchise quarterbacks, and it usually isn't the free agency market, it's in the draft. Learn how to draft and develop quarterbacks or die. This is a quarterback driven league. If you don't know that by now them maybe you should turn on the news.

Another thing I'd like to point out is that you do not deny that Moore is likey going to be gone next season and that Tannehill will likely be the starter. Which means I'm not really overhyping the kid like you say. So when I say he's going to be a starter for us sooner or later, I'm not hyping, I'm giving you the facts. You should really know the difference. But if your imagination wants to run wild and you want to keep putting words in other people's mouths, then go ahead buddy, go ahead.
:yay:

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:53 pm 
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Iowafin wrote:
Rock Sexton wrote:

This is not surprising to me in the least. As I've said time and time again, his main problem is being with the wrong people at the wrong times.

Yeah, but some guys just can't stay away from that stuff. Marshall is a magnet for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Either that or he goes out looking for trouble.

Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next