View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Dolphins center Mike Pouncey talks QBs, dieting and players 
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor
2013 Phinfever VIP Donor

Post Dolphins center Mike Pouncey talks QBs, dieting and players
Quote:
By Omar Kelly
Sun Sentinel
11:56 a.m. EDT, July 17, 2012

Mike Pouncey knows all of the Miami Dolphins quarterbacks in an intimate way many of us can never understand. ...

"Matt Moore did a good job last year, but when David Garrard is in it is a whole different tempo," Pouncey said, echoing the private, and sometimes public sentiments of a handful of Dolphins players.

Pouncey estimates he's dropped 8% of his body fat by changing his diet and eating habits.

"I feel great," he said....

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 9904.story

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:44 am
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: Dolphins center Mike Pouncey talks QBs, dieting and players
I like the work he's putting in, we are set for a decade with this guy.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

Pouney seems like he is going to be a solid player... Happy about that, alot of people had their doubts when we drafted him, even going as far as to say we drafted him because his brother is a good player... LOL....

Not reading too much into the QB part... I figured Garrard would be the man to beat in camp...

Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:35 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Makchell wrote:
I like the work he's putting in, we are set for a decade with this guy.

I could be wrong, but I'd be willing to bet you were one of the guys saying that about Satele. The guy has played one season. ...on one of the worst lines in the NFL. A team that went 0-6 and finished losers. An offense that was 20th in points and 23rd in yards.

Let's wait until he's a pro bowler that plays high on a consistent level before we anoint him as the answer. I for one like him and hope he is the answer, but I've learned enough from this team to know that you can't say a guy is the answer for a decade .
How many guys on this team have been with this team for a decade? Zero. Until we get a competent coaching staff that can prove to win, we won't have any players for longer than 3-5 years.

Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:12 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Quote:
"Matt Moore did a good job last year, but when David Garrard is in it is a whole different tempo," Pouncey said, echoing the private, and sometimes public sentiments of a handful of Dolphins players.

I know the pads haven't come on just yet, but it seems like the idea of Garrard as our starter is building some momentum among the players. Garrard presents the best chance for us to win now in my opinion, he's by far the most experienced quarterback of the group. Not just that but when he's at the top of his game he's capable of leading a team to the playoffs and playing at a Pro Bowl level. I think that Garrard would make an excellent stop gap for this year, bridging the gap between now and when Tannehill is likely ready to take over next season. Moore as we all know is more than capable of filling in and winning games if Garrard were to go down with an injury. I know we're still a long ways off, but it looks like our quarterback competition is slowly taking shape.
1 - Garrard
2 - Moore
3 - Tannehill
Our 2012 Depth Chart?

Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]