View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:52 pm



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ] 
 Phinfever Mock Draft 1 
Author Message
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Phinfever Mock Draft 1
1. Rams QB Sam Bradford Oklahoma 6/4 236 4.79

2. Lions DT Ndamukong Suh Nebraska 6/4 307 5.08

3. Buccaneers DT Gerald McCoy Oklahoma 6/4 295 5.08

4. Redskins OT Russell Okung Oklahoma State 6/5 307 5.14

5. Chiefs FS Eric Berry Tennessee 6/1 211 4.47

6. Seahawks CB Joe Haden Florida 5/11 193 4.58

7. Browns DE Derrick Morgan Georgia Tech 6/3 266 4.78

8. Raiders WR Dez Bryant Oklahoma State 6/2 225 4.58

9. Bills QB Jimmy Clausen Notre Dame 6/3 222 4.76

10. Jaguars ILB Rolando McClain Alabama 6/4 254 4.68

11. Broncos (from Bears) CB Earl Thomas Texas 5/10 208 4.48

12. Dolphins OLB Brandon Graham Michigan 6/2 268 4.72
Parcells likes big and tall a player like Everson Griffen would be more of the type of physical build he looks for. However it is hard to deny Graham’s work this past season, 26 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks. Beyond that he looked great at the senior bowl and combine. He is pretty fluid in his drop back into zone coverage and also stands up to the run well. He is a high motor player that works hard.

13. 49ers OT Trent Williams Oklahoma 6/5 315 4.88

14. Seahawks (from Broncos) OT Anthony Davis Rutgers 6/5 323 5.44

15. Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul South Florida 6/5 270 4.72

16. Titans OLB Sergio Kindle Texas 6/3 250 4.71

17. 49ers (from Panthers) CB Kyle Wilson Boise State 5/10 194 4.42

18. Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey Florida 6/5 304 5.27

19. Falcons OT Bryan Bulaga Iowa 6/6 314 5.26

20. Texans DT Dan Williams Tennessee 6/2 327 5.17

21. Bengals FS Taylor Mays Southern California 6/3 230 4.32

22. Patriots DE Everson Griffen Southern California 6/4 273 4.66

23. Packers CB Devin McCourty Rutgers 5/11 193 4.48

24. Eagles OLB Sean Weatherspoon Missouri 6/1 239 4.68

25. Ravens DT Jared Odrick Penn State 6/5 304 5.05

26. Cardinals DE Carlos Dunlap Florida 6/6 277 4.71

27. Cowboys OG Mike Iupati Idaho 6/5 331 5.30

28. Chargers RB Ryan Mathews Fresno State 6/1 218 4.45

29. Jets DE Jerry Hughes TCU 6/2 255 4.69

30. Vikings RB C.J. Spiller Clemson 5/11 196 4.34

31. Colts CB Kareem Jackson Alabama 5/11 196 4.48

32. Saints DT Brian Price UCLA 6/1 303 5.16

33. Rams WR Demaryius Thomas Georgia Tech 6/3 224 4.59

34. Lions OT Bruce Campbell Maryland 6/7 314 4.85

35. Buccaneers WR Arrelious Benn Illinois 6/1 219 4.56

36. Chiefs TE Jermaine Gresham Oklahoma 6/5 261 4.71

37. Redskins OT Charles Brown Southern California 6/6 303 5.16

38. Browns QB Tim Tebow Florida 6/3 236 4.72

39. Raiders ILB Brandon Spikes Florida 6/3 249 4.76

40. Seahawks RB Jahvid Best California 5/10 199 4.35

41. Bills WR Golden Tate Notre Dame 5/10 199 4.42

42. Buccaneers (from Bears) CB Patrick Robinson Florida State 5/11 190 4.48

43. Dolphins FS Nate Allen South Florida 6/1 207 4.50
Nine interceptions and over 200 tackles in three seasons Allen has the make of a very good pro safety. His intangible are very high as he is a good stundent, hard worker, and sets the defense on the field. He attacks the line of scrimmage and makes plays in the secondary.
Other Options
DE Corey Wootton Northwestern 6/6 270 4.80
Wooten might be a JT clone but he hasn’t ever been the same since an injury two years ago. Still very athletic and smart could be on the radar especially if a pass rusher is passed in the first round.
OLB Ricky Sapp Clemson 6/4 252 4.70
Again if the Dolphins pass on a pass rusher in the first round Sapp is a very viable option. He could add some weight but he is an excellent pass rusher
TE Aaron Hernandez Florida 6/3 245 4.62
Hernandez put up 225 thirty times proving he has the strength to go with his athleticism. Mackey award winner will prove to a playmaker in the mold of Dallas Clark and Jason Witten.

Pick #74
WR Eric Decker Minnesota 6/3 217 4.54
Decker has excellent hands and is a big body target. He supposedly had the highest score on the wonderlic of all players this year. Is strong enough to beat the jam and is a great route runner. Set all the receiving records at Minnesota.


FS Morgan Burnett Georgia Tech 6/2 209 4.54
14 Career picks has everything you look for in a pro safety prospect.

SS Reshad Jones Georgia 6/1 214 4.60
A big safety that can play both strong or free safety has a great leap and good second gear. Big Hitter.

FS Major Wright Florida 6/1 206 4.48
A big hitter in the open field Major Wright looked excellent at the combine.

WR Carlton Mitchell South Florida 6/3 215 4.49
Mitchell is an interesting prospect he has been compared athletically to Brandon Marshall. However his hands are inconsistent.


Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:26 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Wasnt sure how or where to post it guys. Don't have time to do the write up at this point but will do one next time. I will also go into some prospects in the later rounds. Thinking the phins will grap a NT in the later half of the draft if they dont grap Dan Williams. Lots of WR and Safety options in the second and third rounds. Solid pass rushing prospects in the later rounds too


Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:31 am
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3490
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Al Davis is not one that is quick to admit he made a mistake, and taking Dez Bryant at #8 would certainly be admitting just that. Think Bruce Campbell, the impressive freak of an athlete from Maryland at #8.

I love Brandon Graham and would be very happy with that pick. I like him a lot more than Sergio Kindle, who I am seeing mocked to Miami a lot.

I like Nate Allen at FS in the 2nd round, but I would be more tempted to take Carlton Mitchell over Eric Decker in the 3rd round because he has more upside. Decker reminds me of Greg Camarillo alot.

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:38 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Vikings take CJ Spiller....
Adrian Peterson and Spiller? Yikes.

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:44 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Nice mock ggippo. In my next mock I also have Graham falling to Miami at 12.


Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:06 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3895
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
I would love to get Graham at #12... the kid was so dominant in that senior bowl man, I instantly fell in love


Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:34 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3755
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Nice draft I am hoping that one of these guys drops to us.

1.) Earl Thomas
2.) Rolando McClain
3.) Dez Bryant

What do you guys think about picking up one of the OT that come right after Miami's pick in this mock? Could they play guard or could we move our RT over to guard or is that too much money on the O-line? I was thinking of a player coming in and having a more sure impact as a starter. I noticed that Scouts Inc. has Anthony Davis as a grade of 97 while Brandon Graham has a grade of 94. After last years struggle's on the line it could be a place where an upgrade would be useful. Should your first round pick be the BPA if he is significantly better than a position of more need?


Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:43 am
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3490
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
AQNOR, even with the injuries that hit the OL midway through the season, I thought the OL held up very well. You have Jake Long and Vernon Carey manning the OT position and both are in early to mid 20's. The unit did give up 34 sacks, but remember that you had a 2nd year QB in Chad Henne getting his 1st significant playing time and he did hold on the ball a little to long on a few occasions. This unit also help Miami have the 4th ranked rushing attack in the NFL.

I think if you are a team like Minnesota, you can afford to take BPA when you really don't have a need to fill. When you are a team like Miami and you have definite needs at OLB, WR, FS, TE, BPA is hard to pull off.

Also, with Karlos Dansby in the fold, I don't expect Miami to look at an ILB until later in the draft now.

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:25 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3755
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
phinsfansc wrote:
AQNOR, even with the injuries that hit the OL midway through the season, I thought the OL held up very well. You have Jake Long and Vernon Carey manning the OT position and both are in early to mid 20's. The unit did give up 34 sacks, but remember that you had a 2nd year QB in Chad Henne getting his 1st significant playing time and he did hold on the ball a little to long on a few occasions. This unit also help Miami have the 4th ranked rushing attack in the NFL.

I think if you are a team like Minnesota, you can afford to take BPA when you really don't have a need to fill. When you are a team like Miami and you have definite needs at OLB, WR, FS, TE, BPA is hard to pull off.

Also, with Karlos Dansby in the fold, I don't expect Miami to look at an ILB until later in the draft now.


Good points. I was wondering if Crowder could handle the SS OLB position if we drafted someone who could play the middle? Bring back JT to handle 3rd down and long.


Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:41 am
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Channing's biggest problem is playing in closed paces...if you put him at SS OLB, you're really restricting what he can do even further on first down.

Plus, CC isn't exactly the best blitzer in the world...


Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:29 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin
Phinfever Global Moderator, Design Admin

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:24 am
Posts: 3895
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Phins Rock wrote:
Channing's biggest problem is playing in closed paces...if you put him at SS OLB, you're really restricting what he can do even further on first down.

Plus, CC isn't exactly the best blitzer in the world...


He's not the best anything in the world.


Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:07 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
phinsfansc wrote:
Al Davis is not one that is quick to admit he made a mistake, and taking Dez Bryant at #8 would certainly be admitting just that. Think Bruce Campbell, the impressive freak of an athlete from Maryland at #8.

I love Brandon Graham and would be very happy with that pick. I like him a lot more than Sergio Kindle, who I am seeing mocked to Miami a lot.

I like Nate Allen at FS in the 2nd round, but I would be more tempted to take Carlton Mitchell over Eric Decker in the 3rd round because he has more upside. Decker reminds me of Greg Camarillo alot.


He likes a big time playmaker he might not be able to resist Bryant.


Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
AQNOR wrote:
Nice draft I am hoping that one of these guys drops to us.

1.) Earl Thomas
2.) Rolando McClain
3.) Dez Bryant

What do you guys think about picking up one of the OT that come right after Miami's pick in this mock? Could they play guard or could we move our RT over to guard or is that too much money on the O-line? I was thinking of a player coming in and having a more sure impact as a starter. I noticed that Scouts Inc. has Anthony Davis as a grade of 97 while Brandon Graham has a grade of 94. After last years struggle's on the line it could be a place where an upgrade would be useful. Should your first round pick be the BPA if he is significantly better than a position of more need?


I would love to see Trent Williams drafted and bump Carey inside but with the signing of Incognito I just don't know. Long is a bulldozer. Trent Williams is freight train


Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:24 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3490
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
ggippo, Al Davis likes freak type athletes, not necessarily the best players. There no way he takes Darius Heyward-Bey at #7 last year. He fell in love with Bey 4.3 40 time and over looked the fact that Bey had questionable hands and not top shelf production. I'm sticking with Bruce Campbell to the Raiders.

I can see Bryant to the Jaguars or Broncos, especially if the Broncos get rid of Brandon Marshall.

_________________
Image


Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:05 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
To me, for Oakland, it's down to Bruce Campbell, or Jason Pierre-Paul.

I could see them shock everyone and draft CJ Spiller, however, I think even Al Davis is smart enough to know that, that wouldn't be wise.


Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:28 am
Profile
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:41 am
Posts: 9337
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
ggippo wrote:
12. Dolphins OLB Brandon Graham Michigan 6/2 268 4.72
Parcells likes big and tall a player like Everson Griffen would be more of the type of physical build he looks for. However it is hard to deny Graham’s work this past season, 26 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks. Beyond that he looked great at the senior bowl and combine. He is pretty fluid in his drop back into zone coverage and also stands up to the run well. He is a high motor player that works hard.



Nice mock, Georgie. Brandon Graham is definitely a top 15 talent in the draft, goes to a Big 10 school, and racked up 20 sacks in a talented conference .... all are Parcells' favorite qualities. He will convert from DE to OLB, so, there will be a learning curve for him as far as pass coverage.

Here's ESPN Insider info on him ....

ESPN Insider wrote:
Scouts Inc. Player Evaluations: Brandon Graham

Overall Football Traits

Production 2
"2006: (11/0) 3 tackles, .5 TFL, .5 sack. 2007: (13/5) 25 tackles, 9.5 TFL, 8.5 sacks, 1 PBU, 3 FF, 2 FR. 2008: (11/11) 46 tackles, 20 TFL, 10 sacks, 2 FF; Second-team All-Big Ten."

Height-Weight-Speed 2
"Functional height, good bulk and good top-end speed. "

Durability 2
Misses the 2008 Toledo game with leg infection.

Intangibles 1
Has some experience lining up at defensive end. Voted 2008 Bo Schembechler Most Valuable Player.


Outside Linebacker specific Traits

Instincts/Recognition 3
"Adequate but not elite initial quickness and closing speed. Will have a tougher time turning the corner at the NFL level. Can get caught out of his rush lane. However, he uses his hands well and is relentless. Flashes the ability to deliver the big hit when he gets to the quarterback. "

Strength/Toughness 3
"Thick lower body and could line up inside on pass-heavy downs. Lacks ideal athletic ability, appears stiff in space and may not be a good fit at outside linebacker in a base 3-4 scheme. Best fit is at power end in a base 4-3 scheme. "

Range vs. Run 2
"Gets into trouble when he plays too high and has some problems splitting double teams, but generally gets under the pads of blockers and can hold his own in most one-on-one situations. Active hands and strong upper body. Flashes the ability to shed blocks in time to make plays behind or at the line of scrimmage. "

Tackling 1
Disciplined and generally does a nice job of staying home when the plays flows to the opposite side. Keeps head up and locates the ball quickly. Plays from the snap until the whistle and with an edge.

3rd Down Capabilities N/A
No information available at this time

Trait Scale
1 = Exceptional 2 = Above average 3 = Average 4 = Below average 5 = Marginal


http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/dra ... tyear=2010

_________________
PHINFEVER FACEBOOK - JOIN US!

Image


Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:00 am
Profile WWW
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Quote:
Strength/Toughness 3


Average?? His strength is his best quality.

Graham is going to be a big time player, and allow Wake to move to the weak side where he can be LETHAL.


Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:04 am
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3490
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Graham was a LB coming out of high school, so the conversion to OLB may not be as difficult as some may think.

As someone stated in the Sun-Sentinel, you better believe Jake Long and Chad Henne are getting grilled about Graham.

_________________
Image


Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:45 am
Profile
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:17 am
Posts: 3755
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
At number 12 I would like a player who had actually played the position in college for which you were drafting him.


Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:00 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 959
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
I like Graham a lot.. But, I like Derrick Morgan better.

_________________
Image


Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:45 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
hypocritex wrote:
I like Graham a lot.. But, I like Derrick Morgan better.

I like him better from a pure pass rush standpoint. But I don't see DM being able to transition to 34 OLB.


Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Phins Rock wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
I like Graham a lot.. But, I like Derrick Morgan better.

I like him better from a pure pass rush standpoint. But I don't see DM being able to transition to 34 OLB.


So, in this year's draft, there is no such thing as a 3-4 OLB, correct?

_________________
Image


Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:41 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Iowafin wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
I like Graham a lot.. But, I like Derrick Morgan better.

I like him better from a pure pass rush standpoint. But I don't see DM being able to transition to 34 OLB.


So, in this year's draft, there is no such thing as a 3-4 OLB, correct?


Graham, and Kindle (although as you know I'm not a huge fan), are potential 34 OLB prospects. Jerry Hughes, Ricky Sapp, Brandon Lang, Jason Worilds, Eric Norwood, George Selvie, Koa Misi.....just some of the guys that will be available in rounds 2 and 3 that have the quickness and agility to play 34 OLB.

Just because I don't think JPP and Morgan are going to make good 34 OLBs does not mean I am looking for a specific type of player, and that they have to be a certain size, weight, etc. I've named 2 guys who I don't feel can play the position...that's it. You make it seem that I'm naming every single name that people throw out there.


Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:05 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Phins Rock wrote:

Graham, and Kindle (although as you know I'm not a huge fan), are potential 34 OLB prospects. Jerry Hughes, Ricky Sapp, Brandon Lang, Jason Worilds, Eric Norwood, George Selvie, Koa Misi.....just some of the guys that will be available in rounds 2 and 3 that have the quickness and agility to play 34 OLB.

Just because I don't think JPP and Morgan are going to make good 34 OLBs does not mean I am looking for a specific type of player, and that they have to be a certain size, weight, etc. I've named 2 guys who I don't feel can play the position...that's it. You make it seem that I'm naming every single name that people throw out there.


You have said numerous times that Kindle is NOT a 34 outside linebacker, and now he's number 2 on your list?

You have said 3 guys aren't 34 OLB. This is the first time you've made a list of who you think would be good at the position, so naturally, I would think you have no idea what a 34 linebacker is.

_________________
Image


Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:12 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
That was a while ago that I said that about Kindle. Since then I've changed my opinion, as while I still don't like him as much as a lot of people, I do think he has the tools to be a 34 OLB.

BTW, he is not #2 on my list. He's an option at 12 because that's what most people, who actually know what they're talking about, value him at. I would rather go NT and then OLB in round 2 than Kindle in round 1.


Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:47 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 959
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Morgan can absolutely play SOLB. But, you are entitled to your opinion. He does everything Graham does on the field. But, better IMO.

_________________
Image


Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:01 pm
Profile
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:42 pm
Posts: 959
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Also, if Spiller falls to 30.. You gotta consider trading up from your 2nd pick to grab him.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:31 pm
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
hypocritex wrote:
Also, if Spiller falls to 30.. You gotta consider trading up from your 2nd pick to grab him.


There is no way Spiller gets out of the top 15.

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:42 pm
Profile
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:15 pm
Posts: 113
Location: El Paso, TX
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
barring injury, dismemberment, or death..... there is no way CJ Spiller falls that far.

_________________
Image
"Shula's the only coach I ever met who can take his'n & beat your'n, then take your'n & beat his'n."-Bum


Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:20 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Bones wrote:
barring injury, dismemberment, or death..... there is no way CJ Spiller falls that far.


When did Chris Johnson get picked?


Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:11 am
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3490
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Chris Johnson was pick #24 in the 1st round.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:18 am
Profile
Phinfever Design Admin
Phinfever Design Admin

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:37 am
Posts: 3722
Location: Sweet Home ALABAMA!
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Where do you guys have my boy Mount Cody going? Not sayin' we should draft, just curious.


Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:37 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Coots wrote:
Where do you guys have my boy Mount Cody going? Not sayin' we should draft, just curious.


Got a new one coming hopefully tomorrow just need to do the write up. Had McClain going to the Jags in the first, Kareem Jackson going to the Ravens in the first and Cody going to the Chargers at pick number 40


Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:18 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
phinsfansc wrote:
Chris Johnson was pick #24 in the 1st round.


I love Spiller and have him going to the niners at #12 in the new mock mostly because the Tackle and Defensive Back options arent great at that spot. But speedsters like him tend to bounce outside which doesnt always work on the pro level. It works for Johnson because he has blazing speed. Spiller is not as fast as Johnson. Spiller does have the Receiving threat working for him


Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:21 am
Profile
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 5439
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
ggippo wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
Chris Johnson was pick #24 in the 1st round.


I love Spiller and have him going to the niners at #12 in the new mock mostly because the Tackle and Defensive Back options arent great at that spot. But speedsters like him tend to bounce outside which doesnt always work on the pro level. It works for Johnson because he has blazing speed. Spiller is not as fast as Johnson. Spiller does have the Receiving threat working for him


So Miami is trading with San Francisco?

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:23 am
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3490
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Coots, I think your boy Cody get's into the late 1st round. If he does not go in the 1st round and gets into the 2nd round to Miami, I would not be surprised at all if they take him if Dan Williams is not the pick at #12.

_________________
Image


Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:23 pm
Profile
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:28 am
Posts: 7532
Location: Massachusetts
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
phinsfansc wrote:
Coots, I think your boy Cody get's into the late 1st round. If he does not go in the 1st round and gets into the 2nd round to Miami, I would not be surprised at all if they take him if Dan Williams is not the pick at #12.


Remember though, Tony, that Miami and Parcells prefer 310-315 # NT's who are more athletic. Ferguson, Ratliff, etc. Usually Parcells goes with those types of guys, rather than the big old Kris Jenkins and Mount Cody's.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him be the pick if he were there, but knowing Parcells we probably have Cam Thomas rated higher on the board.


Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:33 pm
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Iowafin wrote:
ggippo wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
Chris Johnson was pick #24 in the 1st round.


I love Spiller and have him going to the niners at #12 in the new mock mostly because the Tackle and Defensive Back options arent great at that spot. But speedsters like him tend to bounce outside which doesnt always work on the pro level. It works for Johnson because he has blazing speed. Spiller is not as fast as Johnson. Spiller does have the Receiving threat working for him


So Miami is trading with San Francisco?


Ya one spot down


Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:34 pm
Profile
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:14 pm
Posts: 3490
Location: Columbia, SC
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Phins Rock wrote:
phinsfansc wrote:
Coots, I think your boy Cody get's into the late 1st round. If he does not go in the 1st round and gets into the 2nd round to Miami, I would not be surprised at all if they take him if Dan Williams is not the pick at #12.


Remember though, Tony, that Miami and Parcells prefer 310-315 # NT's who are more athletic. Ferguson, Ratliff, etc. Usually Parcells goes with those types of guys, rather than the big old Kris Jenkins and Mount Cody's.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him be the pick if he were there, but knowing Parcells we probably have Cam Thomas rated higher on the board.



Phins, a couple of guys to look at are Al Woods out of LSU and Jeff Owens. It bothers me when you have a kid like Cam Thomas, a guy that has underacheived while at UNC just blow up at the Senior Bowl. Torrell Troup is a guy I like alot also.

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:07 am
Profile
Phinfever All Pro
Phinfever All Pro

Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:30 pm
Posts: 285
Post Re: Phinfever Mock Draft 1
Don't forget about Linval Joseph and Jay Ross from East Carolina


Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:10 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2010 phpBB Group.
Designed by Coots & IamPZ - Phinfever.com.