View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 On "Around the Horn" 
Phinfever Newbie
Phinfever Newbie

Post On "Around the Horn"
Even the two reporters on there were laughing at the Dolphins FO. He said "Parcells continues to believe the team doesn't need a Num 1. WR for your team". They then went on to say Sparano buys into Parcells by stating our reciver corps is good. Everyone from Chad Henne, Zack Thomas, various sports reporters, and fans are up in arms on why Parcells and co are so stubborn on not going out and getting a big time playmaker.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:07 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator
Phinfever Global Moderator

Post Re: On "Around the Horn"
Funny. Last time I checked the draft had not passed yet.

Also Parcells has won 2 Super Bowls, been to another, and is one of the most iconic figures in the history of the NFL. Don't think any of those guys can say the same.

And what the heck is Sparano supposed to say? Yeah our WR's suck, we need to go all out and get one???

BTW, not directing this post at you man. Lol.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:09 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

They don't grow on trees...you can't just "go out and get one." It's like when Miami never had a quarterback for so long...
Spent a 2nd on Feeley and Culpepper. Spent a pick on Trent Green, one on John Beck.

Point is, you don't just go around like a chicken with your head cut off throwing whatever into the well wishing for a player when he's not there. Marshall and Boldin were available, yes...but at what cost? Would they give Miami what they need?

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:19 pm
Phinfever Starter
Phinfever Starter

Phins Rock wrote:

Also Parcells has won 2 Super Bowls, been to another, and is one of the most iconic figures in the history of the NFL. Don't think any of those guys can say the same.

And what the heck is Sparano supposed to say? Yeah our WR's suck, we need to go all out and get one???

Well said. This team is doing the right moves... just because we're not after a big trade or a big FA signing doesn't mean they don't believe in big playmakers.

Oh and BTW... If you want a big playmaker, I'd rather take Spiller in the 12th and gamble for a WR late in the draft. As stupid as thata sounds :pumpiron:

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:22 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Dan wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

Well said. This team is doing the right moves... just because we're not after a big trade or a big FA signing doesn't mean they don't believe in big playmakers.

Oh and BTW... If you want a big playmaker, I'd rather take Spiller in the 12th and gamble for a WR late in the draft. As stupid as thata sounds :pumpiron:

I agree!

I wish people would not get so worked up about the opinions of sports writers who have never played, coached, or managed the sports they love to talk about.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:33 pm
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

This front office has failed to make us a Superbowl contender for 2011 in March of 2010.

Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:30 pm
Phinfever Veteran
Phinfever Veteran

Rich wrote:
This front office has failed to make us a Superbowl contender for 2011 in March of 2010.

are not championships won in the offseason?

Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:04 pm

MTFan wrote:
Rich wrote:

are not championships won in the offseason?

Rex Ryan seems to think so.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:31 am
Phinfever Owner/Admin
Phinfever Owner/Admin

Phin954 wrote:
Even the two reporters on there were laughing at the Dolphins FO. He said "Parcells continues to believe the team doesn't need a Num 1. WR for your team".

I'll be laughing with them when the season begins if we have failed to add another receiver to help Henne out.

Phin954, welcome to Phinfever!

Download the Free Phinfever Browser Toolbar

Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:46 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]