View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:20 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Derrick Morgan meets with the Dolphins 
Phinfever Live! Radio Host
Phinfever Live! Radio Host

Post Derrick Morgan meets with the Dolphins
Quote:
The Miami Dolphins’ interest in Georgia Tech linebacker Derrick Morgan seems to be gaining steam.

In a “Draft Diary” for The Sporting News, Morgan writes he has met with the Dolphins and Seahawks, though the nature of the meetings is vague.

Morgan writes: “I’m not sure how many teams will invite me for visits before the draft. I have already done things with the Seahawks and Dolphins, and I have other meetings or workouts scheduled with the Bucs and Browns.”

Morgan may have visited the Dolphins, worked out for them or just met with them in Atlanta. But he clearly has done more than a garden-variety interview with Miami and Seattle, which holds the No. 6 pick.

http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedaily ... -dolphins/

Phinfever Live!!!

Listen Live: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/phinfeverradio

RIP, Tom

Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:16 am
Profile YIM
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Post Re: Derrick Morgan meets with the Dolphins
Ohhhh boy. If Morgan falls to us at 12. I am all over that. He is going to be an excellent SOLB.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:14 am
Phinfever Blog Writer
Phinfever Blog Writer

I am not going to get too hopeful of him being there at 12...

But yes it would be nice

Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:28 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

I don't think he's going to be able to transition to 34 OLB, as I've said time after time after time. Lol.

That said, he'll make a great 43 DE for whoever takes him.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:52 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
I don't think he's going to be able to transition to 34 OLB, as I've said time after time after time. Lol.

We know what you think.

Others.. including highly regarded people in the know.. think he will make an excellent OLB in a 3-4. Including Mike Mayock.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:50 pm

hypocritex wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

We know what you think.

Others.. including highly regarded people in the know.. think he will make an excellent OLB in a 3-4. Including Mike Mayock.

More people believe he will not, than those who will, (at least that's what I've read).

I don't see the quickness or smoothness in the hips in him. I think he'd struggle in space.

Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:15 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
hypocritex wrote:
Phins Rock wrote:

We know what you think.

More people believe he will not, than those who will, (at least that's what I've read).

I don't see the quickness or smoothness in the hips in him. I think he'd struggle in space.

You are putting to much stock in the combine. Most experts agree with you eh? LOL. Watch the guys college game. He was excellent out of the 2 point stance. Game tape over combine anyday.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:51 am

I didn't say most of the experts. I meant, and this was my bad, that I have read that most people within the NFL agree with my assessment that he will not be able to convert to 34 OLB.

I did not watch his combine drills. Game tape is what I'm going by. He struggles to change directions, (bad hips), and just does not look quick enough. I think he's a good pass rusher, just not a LB, in any system.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:25 pm
Phinfever Hall of Famer
Phinfever Hall of Famer

Phins Rock wrote:
I didn't say most of the experts. I meant, and this was my bad, that I have read that most people within the NFL agree with my assessment that he will not be able to convert to 34 OLB.

I did not watch his combine drills. Game tape is what I'm going by. He struggles to change directions, (bad hips), and just does not look quick enough. I think he's a good pass rusher, just not a LB, in any system.

Lol. Ok... IF you watched his game tape... Then clearly you and I differ on what it is it takes to be a succesful SOLB.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:38 pm

If you can find me some tape of him in a stand-up position, and displaying quickness and smooth hips, then maybe I'll start to change my opinion of the guy. I just don't see it from what I have seen though.

And, yes, I have watched him play before. Games, not youtube highlights.....well, youtube too. lol

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:52 pm
Phinfever Draft Insider
Phinfever Draft Insider

Hypo, there are some concerns about Derrick and his movement skills at OLB, but I was watching the 7:00 NFL Network show tonight and they had Corey Chavous on the show and he was talking with Mike Mayock and Mayock is starting to change his tune a little bit.

He had stated that he was concerned about Derrick and thought he did not look sharp at the Georgia Tech Pro Day in the LB drills. Whether he saw some game tape or took a look at Derrick performance at the Combine and saw something that is starting to make him think he can make the move.

Chavous thinks he can make the move. The one thing that you have to like about Derrick his that he has that motor like Brandon Graham and is very good against the run and is stout at the point of attack. 12.5 sacks this year says he can get to the QB.

Maybe the most important thing in the trifecta eyes is he fits the prototype of what they want in there OLB at 6'3 3/8, 266 lbs.

Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]