View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Reggie Bush agrees with first-half benching 
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer
Phinfever Live!, Blog Writer

Post Re: Reggie Bush agrees with first-half benching
NFLJunkie wrote:
First bad game in two months? has he had a good one?

He had two good games in the past 4 and one game in which he was injured.

72% completion and 2 TDs against the Rams with a 112 rating. 290 yards and 1 TD against the Colts with a 90.9 rating.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:23 pm
Phinfever Blog Writer - Thursdays

I'll give you the game against the Rams. The Colt game was pedestrian at best. He's had 9 games....that's not a good thing.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:11 pm
Phinfever Global Moderator

Well just as everyone had a love fest with Bush when he came here you can continue ragging on him now because no way he gets re signed.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:11 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rich wrote:
PADOLFAN wrote:
What exactly is the "culture".

Accountability. You do something to hurt the team, you get some time to think about it on the bench.

And again, you guys are talking as if Reggie Bush is rushing for 150 yards a game, he hasn't had a good game since week 2.

Well.....he sure as heck won't get 150 yards on the bench. He also was playing hurt for awhile. Sunday, he seemed to have his burst back. The fumble sucked, but this team does not have enough depth and talent to shut down its best players.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:07 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

NFLJunkie wrote:
Rich wrote:
NFLJunkie wrote:
But you'll have to excuse me as I was excoriated on here for saying he was too raw to start right away back in the preseason. It turns out I was right.

:) :) :)

So because he had his first bad game in two months, you were right?

Wow... after over a month with no interceptions, a rookie has a bad game and that means he was too raw to start.

Head firmly embedded in arse.

First bad game in two months? has he had a good one? He is the unTebow. He looks the part. He acts the part but he can't come from behind and can't lead. The guy has a QB rating worse than Chad Henne and we're extolling his virtuous ability to not turn the ball over? Yeap...I'm the one with my head up my arse. The best game we've seen from a QB this year was when Matt Moore stepped in after the injury. I said it last week and I'll say it again: You can't just play safe football and expect to win. Yesterday this team scored 3 points against a team yielding 25 a game. RT has 5 TD passes. Some QB's have 5 TDs in one game. So while its nice that he can lead a team that is dominating the other team....it would be nicer if he could lead this team when things aren't going so well.

Yes, he was playing good leading up to that game. His quarterback rating over the past month was over 90. That was higher than Luck, RG3, and every other rookie in the NFL over the past month. Tannehill was absolutely ready to play this season, you can't blame him when he lacks redzone weapons, his o-line can't sustain their blocks, and our running game has all but dissappeared.

Bottom line, when the rest of the offense does it's job, Tannehill looks like a franchise quarterback. When they screw up, he isn't good enough yet to overcome that, but then again neither is Moore or any other quarterback we have had on our roster over the past decade. At the end of the day Tannehill is still a rookie, and he will get better. The big question for us is whether or not the team around him will get better.

Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:45 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Quote:
Rodney Harrison on @BigOShow said he's "very disturbed" by Bush's benching & says Philbin could lose locker room:

"If I'm a guy in that locker room, I'm looking at him like, 'Coach, you've got to be the biggest idiot in the country, o do something like that.' He is a leader, he works hard, he's 205 or 210 pounds and he goes through that hole like he's 240 pounds. ...

"And I was very very disturbed about that, because you can make a statement on a stupid penalty like (Richie) Incognito had, but you don't make a statement to Reggie Bush, who plays his butt off each and every week. That's when you start losing the locker room. It's just crazy to me."

http://sulia.com/source/864011/?source= ... c18145e4d6

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:05 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

It's just crazy to me

Me too and look what happened, the team got rolled. I was there, it was bad, no heart, no nothing. I'm still pissed.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:17 pm

If he fumbles Thursday night does he get cut?

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:27 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

FINesse wrote:

Is that a serious question?

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:32 pm
Phinfever Lead Moderator
Phinfever Lead Moderator

[i]Is that a serious question?[/i

Really? Is yours? No it's not a serious question.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:48 pm
2014 Phinfever VIP!
2014 Phinfever VIP!

Rock Sexton wrote:
FINesse wrote:

Is that a serious question?

Hmmm I am going to go way out on a limb and say maybe he was using hyperbole?

Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:50 pm

AQNOR wrote:
Quote:
Rodney Harrison on @BigOShow said he's "very disturbed" by Bush's benching & says Philbin could lose locker room:

"If I'm a guy in that locker room, I'm looking at him like, 'Coach, you've got to be the biggest idiot in the country, o do something like that.' He is a leader, he works hard, he's 205 or 210 pounds and he goes through that hole like he's 240 pounds. ...

"And I was very very disturbed about that, because you can make a statement on a stupid penalty like (Richie) Incognito had, but you don't make a statement to Reggie Bush, who plays his butt off each and every week. That's when you start losing the locker room. It's just crazy to me."

http://sulia.com/source/864011/?source= ... c18145e4d6

I hardly ever agree with Harrison, but I do here.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:29 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

shularino wrote:
Junkie, I like you Man..........but you've got to stop with comparing benching Bush to possibly benching Tannehill. The QB position if different from any other position on the field. If you bench your QB, then your saying he can't do the job and the team is going in a totally different direction.

It's different?

If we're talking accountability then EVERY player should be held to the same standard. Luckily for us we have a guy like Matt Moore in case you want to send a message to Tanny for a series. I'm seeing talk about this being two games in a row with a fumble for Reggie, well this was the second 3 interception game of the year for Ryan. Rookie or not that cannot be tolerated. It's not like the kid doesn't already know the job is his for now, so sitting him down SHOULDN'T shatter him.

Reggie has been the consummate pro and works harder than any other guy in that locker room. It's not like he doesn't already know he needs to be accountable for his mistakes.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:53 pm
Phinfever Legend
Phinfever Legend

Rock Sexton wrote:
shularino wrote:
Junkie, I like you Man..........but you've got to stop with comparing benching Bush to possibly benching Tannehill. The QB position if different from any other position on the field. If you bench your QB, then your saying he can't do the job and the team is going in a totally different direction.

It's different?

If we're talking accountability then EVERY player should be held to the same standard. Luckily for us we have a guy like Matt Moore in case you want to send a message to Tanny for a series. I'm seeing talk about this being two games in a row with a fumble for Reggie, well this was the second 3 interception game of the year for Ryan. Rookie or not that cannot be tolerated. It's not like the kid doesn't already know the job is his for now, so sitting him down SHOULDN'T shatter him.

Reggie has been the consummate pro and works harder than any other guy in that locker room. It's not like he doesn't already know he needs to be accountable for his mistakes.

No matter how you want to spin it, a rookie quarterback throwing interceptions and a veteran runningback fumbling the ball are two completely different things. Rookies will make rookie mistakes, they'll struggle from time to time. In those instances it's the veterans job to pick them up, not make matters worse. That was the message I think Philbin was sending to Bush. He was saying that Bush is a veteran leader on this team, he's a pillar of the lockerroom, and big mistakes like that early in games aren't going to be tolerated. Philbin told Bush by benching him that he expects more from him, he expects him to lead by example, not fumble the ball.

With Tannehill, we're still coaching him up, he's a rookie, not a veteran. He's still learning. Part of that maturation process means getting back out there and learning from your mitakes. A perfect example was the 2nd interception. Tannehill saw the linebacker draped over Fasano so he thought he'd throw the ball to Fasano in order to draw an easy flag. Well, no flag came and the ball got picked. Even the announcers noted that the guy was all over Fasano. But no flag came. What's the lesson to be learned? Don't count on the refs to throw the flag. I doubt we'll see Tannehill make that same mistake again.

With Bush's fumble, what can you really tell the guy that he doesn't already know. Bush's fumble was a careless mistake made by a veteran leader. I'm sure Philbin has made that point to Bush. Philbin is a straight forward guy, he doesn't mince words. If he has a problem with a guy, he confronts that guy immediately. He calls the guy over and tells him what he expects, how he expects it, and that's the end of it. I seriously doubt that not benching Bush would have changed the outcome of that game. I seriously doubt that as one poster put it, that Philbin will loose the lockerroom.

I think we're all overreacting here. I fully expect Bush to get the majority of the touches Thursday. I fully expect that the entire team is circling the wagons and has moved on to focusing on Buffalo.

Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2